December 22, 2014 | 1616 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Fleshpot

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by DollxFace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was a pro item I decided to get since I'm getting into nude colours
But really, this lipstick is so drying and cannot be applied, for me satin is drying and I can never get it right
Especially when you have quite pigmented lips. I have tried erasing it and then applying but same thing happens.
I do love my equality lipstick better

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by mascds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this lipstick. I like it better than myth. The color is a tad different. It doesn't wash me out as bad as myth. I pair it with subculture liner and clear gloss and im good to go! I wouldnt buy it again because i will probably never use it up, thats all.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2009 3:09:00 PM More reviews by captainlindarg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

COLOR: Fleshpot is a nude color. I feel it's most suitable for pale to medium skinned individuals with cooler undertones. Similar to Myth lipstick, though Myth is warmer.

APPLICATION: This particular lipstick is best applied sparingly, then built up. I made the mistake of automatically applying fairly heavily, and was not happy with the results. It washed me out. It was a serious disappointment, as I have been lemming this for a while now! I want to love this lipstick but I think it just doesn't suit my skintone on its own. I really love pairing it with other lipsticks and lipglosses to make fun, unique shades, but it doesn't do anything for me on its own. I haven't noticed that it dries out my lips, as some other reviewers have mentioned.

PRICE: $14 from MAC Pro stores.

OVERALL: 3/5 lippies. I gave it a three simply because I think this could be a beautiful nude on someone other than me. Unfortunately it just doesn't stand on its own for me (though pairing this with Lu Be Lu Lipgelee = my new favorite pinky nude lipcolor.)

BUY AGAIN?: No. I'll hold onto it because I like how it complements other colors but I don't see myself going out of my way to buy it again.
continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by mu5icbtch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I wore this throughout my 1st year of college before realizing what an idiot I looked like. I'm a very tanned NC40 girl, and this lippy is very cool toned. It's a light pink beige...makes me look caked in makeup and very barbie-esque. Ewwww. I bet this would look great on lighter skinned blonde girls though.

I love the heatherette packaging though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by CynthialovesMAC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK, def for the girls out there who love a pale nude lip. It is drying, but me personally it does not bother me. and the heatherette packaging is GORGEOUS. it is discontinued so it can go a little pricey.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by silverwing99

Not a good color for me at all - I'm always on the lookout for a good nude that isn't too peachy & thought this might work. Whe I tried it on, it looked like I had used a tube of very light concealer on my lips. The coverage is excellent, packaging is adorable & the signature MAC vanilla scent is always great. I give it a 3 only because the color was so bad on me. Maybe if it were a lustre & slightly more sheer? I think this would be soo much better on someone with a lighter complexion (I'm Asian NC35 about).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not the nude for an nc35 olive/beige. you think that if Myth worked lovely for you, this would work as well...well it doesnt. made me look kind of dead, i was actually very suprise, because (not to sound vain) but i always thought my skintone could pull off any lip and blush color...

i'll mix it with another lippie to see if i get something more flattering, i suppose.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by ivette1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this wanting to try out the nude lip, but the pinkish undertones in this kind of washed me out, and this didn't have the staying power my other MAC lipsticks do, maybe because of it's creamy texture and I'm more used to the matte formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by vianners

Fleshpot is my HG nude lipstick! Everytime I go to the MAC store, I'm always drawn to Myth, but it turned out to be a tad too orangey for me. Fleshpot has a bit of pink in it, so it doesn't wash me out or make me look like a corpse. It's also a Satin, which I love. Will keep repurchasing!

I'm Asian NC35 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 7:54:00 AM More reviews by nicholelmt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG for sure! I absolutely LOVE this lipstick. I was never really a lipstick girl, more like lipgloss. Then i discovered Fleshpot!!! It smells amazing, it is so soft and moisturizing, i seriously am in love with this lipstick! I couldnt ever be without it now! I wear it with concealer, Subculture LipLiner, then top it with C-Thru Lipglass. the PERFECT nude lip!