July 28, 2014 | 1230 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Fleshpot lipstick

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by mu5icbtch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I wore this throughout my 1st year of college before realizing what an idiot I looked like. I'm a very tanned NC40 girl, and this lippy is very cool toned. It's a light pink beige...makes me look caked in makeup and very barbie-esque. Ewwww. I bet this would look great on lighter skinned blonde girls though.

I love the heatherette packaging though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by CynthialovesMAC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK, def for the girls out there who love a pale nude lip. It is drying, but me personally it does not bother me. and the heatherette packaging is GORGEOUS. it is discontinued so it can go a little pricey.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by silverwing99

Not a good color for me at all - I'm always on the lookout for a good nude that isn't too peachy & thought this might work. Whe I tried it on, it looked like I had used a tube of very light concealer on my lips. The coverage is excellent, packaging is adorable & the signature MAC vanilla scent is always great. I give it a 3 only because the color was so bad on me. Maybe if it were a lustre & slightly more sheer? I think this would be soo much better on someone with a lighter complexion (I'm Asian NC35 about).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not the nude for an nc35 olive/beige. you think that if Myth worked lovely for you, this would work as well...well it doesnt. made me look kind of dead, i was actually very suprise, because (not to sound vain) but i always thought my skintone could pull off any lip and blush color...

i'll mix it with another lippie to see if i get something more flattering, i suppose.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by ivette1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this wanting to try out the nude lip, but the pinkish undertones in this kind of washed me out, and this didn't have the staying power my other MAC lipsticks do, maybe because of it's creamy texture and I'm more used to the matte formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by vianners

Fleshpot is my HG nude lipstick! Everytime I go to the MAC store, I'm always drawn to Myth, but it turned out to be a tad too orangey for me. Fleshpot has a bit of pink in it, so it doesn't wash me out or make me look like a corpse. It's also a Satin, which I love. Will keep repurchasing!

I'm Asian NC35 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 7:54:00 AM More reviews by nicholelmt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG for sure! I absolutely LOVE this lipstick. I was never really a lipstick girl, more like lipgloss. Then i discovered Fleshpot!!! It smells amazing, it is so soft and moisturizing, i seriously am in love with this lipstick! I couldnt ever be without it now! I wear it with concealer, Subculture LipLiner, then top it with C-Thru Lipglass. the PERFECT nude lip!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 2:35:00 AM More reviews by lucy1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this along with bonus beat. i really wanted this lippie to work on my nc42 skin, but i couldnt. washes me out and dries my lips really bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by starla219

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick and I'm happy I purchased it (although I paid too much for it). Although I can wear it on its own (lightly, and usually enhanced with gloss) it is also terrific as a base layer for making the true tones of a gloss stand out. You cannot bear down in applying it, or it will definitely look like concealer -- it's all in the application. With the correct application, its retro Brigitte Bardot. I think it probably looks best on fair skin and lighter toned hair. I tried on Myth first, and wasn't so sure about the peachy tones in that one, although they are similar. I prefer the pinker tones of Fleshpot. I have the Pro version (not Heatherette).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

All this really is is a concealer. If you can wear this lippie, power to you! I'm an NW15 and looked ridiculous with this on. I tried it tons of ways before I swapped it. It shows every crack/crinkle/peel etc. in your lips and applying balm,gloss,liner etc. doesn't make it look any better. It just isn't a very wearable lipstick.