MAC Fleshpot

3.8

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What's with all the haters?! Loving this product. Just got it today and put it on and at first thought 'omg why did i buy this' a little rub in with the finger to spread out the colour and BAM gorgeous nude with a little pink undertone.
If you're not looking for a browner nude then get this. Came out so smoothly, did however show up on a crack i had in my lip but nothing a little lipbalm n light brushing of a toothbrush couldn't fix.

**Update: had the lipstick on for not even an hour and it didn't look too nice when i looked into the mirror. the colour seemed to collect on the edges. might be the lipbalm i used over it tho

This nude colour is lighter, maybe even whiter than Myth, but somehow it works better on me than Myth. If it wouldn't create such a strong nude look, I would use it more often because it really suits my neutral skin tone.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I received this lipstick from my sister, and I can definitely see how this color could look horrible on some people. This is not a good color to wear by itself, BUT, when paired under some of my lipglosses, it makes them look creamy, which I really like. And for that reason alone I would buy this again.

I'm an NW20 and this is a pale pink nude lip on me. I have to be careful to exfoliate my lips, apply lip balm, and layer this on. Not the easiest to work with but I find myself reaching for this often when I wear a smokey eye look (: (this is a Pro item, and doesn't give a very creamy finish)

This was a pro item I decided to get since I'm getting into nude colours
But really, this lipstick is so drying and cannot be applied, for me satin is drying and I can never get it right
Especially when you have quite pigmented lips. I have tried erasing it and then applying but same thing happens.
I do love my equality lipstick better

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this lipstick. I like it better than myth. The color is a tad different. It doesn't wash me out as bad as myth. I pair it with subculture liner and clear gloss and im good to go! I wouldnt buy it again because i will probably never use it up, thats all.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

COLOR: Fleshpot is a nude color. I feel it's most suitable for pale to medium skinned individuals with cooler undertones. Similar to Myth lipstick, though Myth is warmer.

APPLICATION: This particular lipstick is best applied sparingly, then built up. I made the mistake of automatically applying fairly heavily, and was not happy with the results. It washed me out. It was a serious disappointment, as I have been lemming this for a while now! I want to love this lipstick but I think it just doesn't suit my skintone on its own. I really love pairing it with other lipsticks and lipglosses to make fun, unique shades, but it doesn't do anything for me on its own. I haven't noticed that it dries out my lips, as some other reviewers have mentioned.

PRICE: $14 from MAC Pro stores.

OVERALL: 3/5 lippies. I gave it a three simply because I think this could be a beautiful nude on someone other than me. Unfortunately it just doesn't stand on its own for me (though pairing this with Lu Be Lu Lipgelee = my new favorite pinky nude lipcolor.)

BUY AGAIN?: No. I'll hold onto it because I like how it complements other colors but I don't see myself going out of my way to buy it again.
continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I wore this throughout my 1st year of college before realizing what an idiot I looked like. I'm a very tanned NC40 girl, and this lippy is very cool toned. It's a light pink beige...makes me look caked in makeup and very barbie-esque. Ewwww. I bet this would look great on lighter skinned blonde girls though.

I love the heatherette packaging though.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK, def for the girls out there who love a pale nude lip. It is drying, but me personally it does not bother me. and the heatherette packaging is GORGEOUS. it is discontinued so it can go a little pricey.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Not a good color for me at all - I'm always on the lookout for a good nude that isn't too peachy & thought this might work. Whe I tried it on, it looked like I had used a tube of very light concealer on my lips. The coverage is excellent, packaging is adorable & the signature MAC vanilla scent is always great. I give it a 3 only because the color was so bad on me. Maybe if it were a lustre & slightly more sheer? I think this would be soo much better on someone with a lighter complexion (I'm Asian NC35 about).

Recommended for Medium Skin