August 21, 2014 | 1779 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by loverofproducts

READ THIS REVIEW :) ....
This product is amazing. First off, let me tell you, I have very sensitive skin, and also, I think my acne is because of oily things and big pores, and hormones (since i'm still a teen). Also, I'm VERY prone to breakout. I luv this cleanser because i luv the good tingling feeling it gives, and it's good because though it tingles, it doesn't dry out. (still i have to use moisturizer, but no matter which cleanser i have used, or even just water, my skin has always dried out, so this one is a little bit better, but still dries a little bit). It helps soften my skin, and helps reduce my acne overnight too. My acne hasn't dissappeard (since as i said, it's mostly due to hormones... and only pills usually take care of that), it keeps it under control and hasn't ever irritated my skin or make it break out extensively. Also, it's an okay price since it's natural, a big bottle, and about 13$- canada and i think like 8 or 10 in america ... but it's sorta worth it.
It also doesn't smell like chemicals
If i find soemthign exactly like this for a cheaper price, i would switch, but for now i'm going to buy again later on.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by bandaidsare

I'm really impressed by this cleanser. I never would have suspected it would do what it does for my skin - in fact I had a free sample of this years ago that I gave to my Mom because I thought it was for dry skin.
This cleanser balances, clears, and hydrates my skin. Less dryness and flaking skin, clears up blackheads, prevents whiteheads, even smooths fine lines on my forehead and smile lines away! It's also REALLY enjoyable to use - it smells like incredible natural not-overwhelming candy, and it feels great on my skin.
My only complaint is that the menthol does make my eyes burn. I've gotten better at avoiding this, but sometimes it just gets in my eyes anyway. A quick dry on my eye area with a towel stops it right away. To me it's worth it because I love everything else about it, but I do wish I didn't have to blindly reach for the towel every few times I use this.
Thanks Burt's! Please don't reformulate this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

omg this stuff is the best. I had used it for along time and then switched to something else. I was wondering why my skin was acting like teenager skin and would not stop breaking out, my skin looked so bad and I was in tears one night telling my husband "i don't know whats going on with my skin lately" and was gonna go see a dermatologist. I also decided to go back on this cleanser and when i did, OMG every problem i was having went away, my skin looks and acts soooooooo much better is back under control I will NEVER leave this one again. Thank u burts bees and please never stop making this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by eileenbean5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE. As I have acne prone and sensitive skin, I was quite skeptical when my mom gave me a little travel sample to try. I thought for sure it would break me out or kill my poor skin! But alas, it didn't. It has a weird tingling effect, which was a little startling at first, but I love it! It's the only thing that can wake me up in the morning. Yay for Burt's Bees!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by bhenderson

I'm not crazy about this product at all. It claimed to remove makeup, but failed miserably. It doesn't soap up, not even a teensy bit. I like soapy usually. Definitely purchase their citrus facial scrub. It doesn't suds up, but it removes makeup amazingly and doesn't even claim to :). Your face feels so clean afterwards too.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by snowbelle347

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Was looking for a gentle, effective cleanser with no exfoliating beads or sls. After spending quite a bit of time reading labels, chose this cleanser. I do not like it. There is no need, that I'm aware of, for menthol in a facial cleanser. It burns my eyes. Also very difficult to rinse off, feels like some kind of slick film is left behind. Not happy with this product and will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by rlim97

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!this cleanser is absolutely amazing; it's a deep cleanser and I use this at night. it smells like fresh lemons and once you rinse it off you get this refreshing, minty feeling. the kind of feeling you get when you drink water after chewing minty gum. it leaves my skin feeling so hydrated and amazing. the only reason i gave this a 4 was because its SUPER rich and so i only can use it at night. otherwise, i absolutely love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by immortalkeanu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is by far the best cream cleanser out there. My skin is pretty sensitive and dry, so this all-natural cleanser is not too harsh on my face and actually leaves it feeling moisturized. Best of all, my skin feels amazing afterward; it actually feels really fresh. The scent is amazing too - it brings me back to my childhood because it smells like lemonade Lip Smackers lip balm.
Although it is a bit pricey (in Canada at least) I will never use another face cleanser again. I absolutely love this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by violet_avalon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

[EDIT: turns out I hadn't tried the reformulated cleanser and I find it inferior to the previous version. This one is 100% natural (as opposed to 97,5%) but it's more difficult to apply (thicker), smells like lemons and much more minty, which makes my eyes sting when I apply. The previous version was much more mild and easier to use.]

I'll be buying my second bottle of this soon and I bet it won't be the last. This is my favourite cleanser. It is mild, refreshing and feels really nice to use.
I have combination/dry skin and at first I thought the minty ingredient would be too drying for me but it didn't affect my skin at all, it only adds to the freshness of the wash. This is a cream cleanser so if you like to feel squeaky clean after washing your face this is definitely not for you. I love that after cleansing I don't have to run to put on moisturiser feeling like my face is going to crack, the skin feels clean but really comfortable. No film.
I would also suggest that if you don't like it give it to someone else: it might work really well for them. This is an OIL-BASED cleanser so I wouldn't advise anyone to clean sinks with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by amandamarcacci

This is easily my new favorite cleansing cream. I'm currently 17, and I've been suffering from acne since I was 13 years old. I've went through every thing - Proactiv to pricier things like Murad. I've had products work to a degree, while some of them did nothing to help.

I've had a friend for about three years now, when we met in our Freshman year of high school. We both came into high school with horrible acne(same skin types; oily and acne-prone), and we suffered from it for years. When I finally had classes again with him this year, I noticed that his face was completely clear while, when my acne definitely went down, was still there.

He told me that he used Burt's Bees. I was really skeptical about the line at first, since I didn't see how something that was only eight dollars could help me that much.

Holy crap I was wrong. I bought this product last night, and as I washed it off I SWEAR I could see the acne becoming less visible - my face looked radiant and bright, and my skin was smooth to the touch. I don't understand how some people are complaining about a "film" on their face after washing their faces. I used my hands and water, and the product came off completely fine. This product seems like the type of thing that you don't need a whole lot of however, so that may be the reason as to why people feel like there's grease.

When I came home from school today, I washed my face off with this product once again, and when I came downstairs ... for the first time in five years, my family said that my face looked so 100% clear like never before. I guess this is a lesson that natural, organic products are better than even the most powerful medications recommended by the dermatologist.

For eight dollars, even if the product doesn't work as well for you, I think it's worth the try anyway. I fell in love, and I hope any new customers do as well!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No