April 19, 2014 | 1056 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by southrnchic479

I. Absolutely. LOVE this stuff. It smells DELICIOUS, decadent and light and layers well with the perfumes I wear (usually vanillas and sweet scents) but yet is light enough that if I want to layer a floral it just sits quietly in the background. Isn't sticky, moisturizes extremely well, and comes in a very convenient pump bottle. I just bought myself a 32oz one today for 6.99 USD. Super duper happy :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by JamRose

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely dry skin, so I've been searching for and am STILL in search of my HG lotion/cream/moistruzier. This product comes close but doesn't last all day. I still have to reapply a couple of times -esp my hands and feet which suffer the worst of my dry skin. It works well when I apply it when my skin is still damp and then I lightly lock it in with baby oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by BlightedBeauty

I use this as a moisturiser for my face at night and it gives it a really good moisturise. It doesn't leave a greasy residue on my face, which you do get with quite thick moisturising lotions sometimes.

I love the smell of this, it's Cocoa Butter, and there's not much else to say about that - it smells fantastic!

I do also use this on my body as well as my face and it does give it a good moisturise, though I wouldn't say it's incredibly long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 5:57:00 AM More reviews by EmJay31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this moisturiser! It's the perfect consistency, moisturises well but sinks in well enough to not leave my skin greasy. The scent is nice - not too overpowering but I have received compliments on how great I smell :P I will continue to buy this, as it's a great everyday lotion which keeps my skin moisturised and looking great. I've even noticed a difference with the KP on my arms, so for that alone it gets my vote :D

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Picked this up in a local supermarket after running out of my regular lotion, and I'm so glad I did! I have extremely sensitive skin that reacts to pretty much everything, but this stuff just sinks right in without any irritation whatsoever. The texture is somehow both light and dense, and the smell is very pleasant. Obviously there are superior body lotions out there but for the price this can't be beat!

ETA: Unfortunately this ended up making my keratosis pilaris worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by LauLau215

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this lotion for right out of the shower! Smells relaxing....and it's not overpowering! Evens out skin tones...and makes skin look awesome! Works well when my honey rubs my feet/legs..perfect consistency!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by BethanyBez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

You can't really go wrong with good old Vaseline. And the icing on the cake part of this product is twofold: Not only does it smell delicious (like coconut cream pie), it's also packaged attractively enough to be stored out in the open where you can reach for it day after day on your way out the door. Sure, it doesn't take the place of a spa treatment, but there's no denying that it softens up your dry patches well enough for everyday use, plain and simple. The lotion comes in a huge bottle, so there's no concern about getting what you paid for.The press-down dispenser is nice and sturdy, and leaves you with the right amount of product. The only downside is small: When it first goes on, it feels a tad greasy. But that effect disappears in a manner of seconds, as the lotion sinks into the skin quite quickly. I'll keep buying this for everyday use at our household, but I'll also be supplementing with some more heavy duty hand creams, scrubs, etc. for less frequent use.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by danai

This lotion actually works. I've tried tons of body moisturizers, from dirt cheap to outrageously expensive, and this does stand out. After two or three (daily, after shower) uses I did notice that my skin looked and felt smoother, really hydrated and overall better.
Also, and this is very important to me, this is a product which feels light, sinks in immediately and doesn't leave a film. Which is more than I can say for most other products I've used.
My only gripe is the scent; I do love sweet and foody smells in both perfume and moisturizing products, but this one is just too intense, plastic and artificial to me. For a product that really works though, this is not a huge disadvantage, and thankfully the scent doesn't last anyway.
In my country it's affordable but not that cheap - 5 euros for 200ml.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Kcm765

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this lotion! I've been using it for probably about 7 years now, and every time I try something different I always end up going straight back to this lotion. It's just the right consistency, not too thick and not too runny. I love the smell, it's just enough scent without being overpowering. The pump in the larger bottle is great, and it's super reasonably priced. I use it every time I get out of the shower/bath and it leaves my skin moisturized and soft (I even get compliments :))

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by shelly_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lotion!! It is light like a lotion should be, and is amazingly moisturising. When I first applied it, it had an almost watery feeling on my skin which made me think that it wouldn't be moisturisng enough, but I was wrong, as my skin feels lovely! This lotion sinks in immediately, and is perfect for summer as it never leaves my skin feelng oily, but still provides amazing moisture. My skin has never felt better.

I used to use Palmer's cocoa butter moisturiser, but it never felt like it sunk onto my skin properly, and in summer I felt like it was too heavy, almost like an oily feeling, and it always sweated off my legs (which has never happened with the vaseline one!).

This lotion is perfect for fake tan wearers too, as it doesn't affect my fake tan at all, and gives my skin a nice glow, without an oily or stickey feeling. I haven't tried it in winter yet, but given how well it moiturises, it should be okay. I've also found that because it sinks in perfectly, I can dress straight after without any stickey feeling (unlike the Palmer's version), so I can apply it morning and night. Also since using this I don't get bumps on my legs, which I at first thought was a shaving rash, but now think it was caused by the oily Palmer's cocoa moisturiser being too heavy and clogging my pores. I bought a 375ml bottle for $8 on sale, but even if it was full price I'd still buy it. I have a couple of bottles of Palmers, which I'll be throwing in the bin! Also the smell is nice, and not too strong!