August 27, 2014 | 1605 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2009 2:53:00 AM More reviews by mo141

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I pretty much really do not like this powder. For one, isn't this kind of supposed to go with the hydrating "Smoothers" makeup that CG offers? Uhh... the talc in this product isnt going to help with that, but really I shouldn't expect too much from a drugstore brand. But even with talc, I have had decent face powders that don't make my face look cakey, powdery, and fake (this one does :() When I bought this I was honestly looking for something I could put on just after throwing on some quick concealer, but I don't even really like this for that either. Although I like this better than other CG powders I have tried, I still don't like this.
:) mo

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by teendian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

- Provides no extra coverage

Pros:
- Comes in unscented & scented compacts
- Great colors

Overall, this pressed powder is ideal for carrying around in your purse for touch ups but didn't help with absorbing the oily look on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2009 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ttyn

Great classic product !
I ve been puchasing this for years ...long lasting finnish and smells great.... gives good coverage....classic!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by britney54

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder makes my face look chalky, and powdery, not smooth. Plus it smells weird. Makes my face look dry, as all powders with talc do. I don't really like anything by covergirl, in the first place.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by alexis214

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this product although I've already hit pan.(I don't like to waste products.) I bought this for the purpose of controlling oil and obviously it didn't work. I was oily again only just after less than an hour I believe. I guess it was my fault since it says on the website that this is for dry skin. I got the translucent medium, it wasn't translucent so it was a little light for my skin tone. The only good thing about it is it didn't break me out and I have acne-prone skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by makeupbynichole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was given this powder by a friend who didn't want it anymore because of the smell and I was like ok I will take it (and didn't even bother to smell it)
I hate the smell it makes me very nausea. The powder itself is chalky and doesn't blend well at all. The powder also makes my skin really oily very quickly and makes me break out easily, even after only wearing for after a hour.
I will not buy this pressed powder again there are other drug store pressed powders far better then this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by LuckyDuck

I have nothing positive to say about this product. The powder is chalky and coarse, which feels rough going on. It really irritated my not-at-all sensitive skin. It doesn't fully absorb until hours later, and in the meantime, you'll look like a Halloween vampire. The puff that it comes with is essentially useless, as the powder just sits on top of that, too. Don't be swayed by the low price; sometimes you get what you pay for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased the compact in fair. It applies sheer and does a great job setting my foundation without adding too much colour. The powder isn't the best in terms of being finely milled, but not the worst. I particularly didn't care for the smell, it has that typical noxema/cover girl smell, and the powder puff provided I found useless. For the price it does a decent job.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by carrcarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is one of the few things i've ever needed to repurchase - i used the whole compact up! its really great for touch ups and it settles into my skin really nicely. the only bad thing is that it can sometimes make my skin look dry but that can be solved pretty easily. and it matches my super pale skin perfectly! the only problem i had with it was that it broke when i dropped it on a hard floor, but thats probably more my fault anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by kidando16

Love this powder! Never cakey, doesn't settle into fine lines.