November 21, 2014 | 1974 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, this was the only powder by CG I hadn't tried, so I bought one in "Soft Honey" thinking...this is gonna be too dark, powdery, cakey looking, and control no oil...I was SO wrong. The shade goes on much lighter than it looks in the pan, perfect match for my golden tanned NC37 skintone! Not powdery at all, in fact it's totally undetectible on my skin. And somehow this powder keeps me matte longer than all the other oil control powders I've tried. I am convinced that adding moisture actually keeps my pores from overproducing oil. Also, because it doesn't overdry your skin, it never gets cakey or flakey, even with multiple touchups. Also, doesn't sink into pores, like most powders tend to..in fact it smoothes over pores and helps mask them. I love the deep blue compact, and I think the mild scent is actually quite pleasent. Definiteyl CG's best powder formulation, and my HG powder (at least for the cooler months).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by sajj38

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually really like this product, doesn't dry me out or make me flake. Good for sealing in cream foundations because it doesn't cause them to dry out in a rippled pattern.
I used this for T- zone oiliness, sealing in foundation and as a touch up. I noticed that this is very light and it can make my nose look too light, but I just put a little bronzing powder on my nose and it balances it right out. Just have to remember to buy a shade that's slightly darker than what I would normally use.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2009 2:53:00 AM More reviews by mo141

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I pretty much really do not like this powder. For one, isn't this kind of supposed to go with the hydrating "Smoothers" makeup that CG offers? Uhh... the talc in this product isnt going to help with that, but really I shouldn't expect too much from a drugstore brand. But even with talc, I have had decent face powders that don't make my face look cakey, powdery, and fake (this one does :() When I bought this I was honestly looking for something I could put on just after throwing on some quick concealer, but I don't even really like this for that either. Although I like this better than other CG powders I have tried, I still don't like this.
:) mo

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by teendian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

- Provides no extra coverage

Pros:
- Comes in unscented & scented compacts
- Great colors

Overall, this pressed powder is ideal for carrying around in your purse for touch ups but didn't help with absorbing the oily look on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2009 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ttyn

Great classic product !
I ve been puchasing this for years ...long lasting finnish and smells great.... gives good coverage....classic!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by britney54

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder makes my face look chalky, and powdery, not smooth. Plus it smells weird. Makes my face look dry, as all powders with talc do. I don't really like anything by covergirl, in the first place.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by alexis214

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this product although I've already hit pan.(I don't like to waste products.) I bought this for the purpose of controlling oil and obviously it didn't work. I was oily again only just after less than an hour I believe. I guess it was my fault since it says on the website that this is for dry skin. I got the translucent medium, it wasn't translucent so it was a little light for my skin tone. The only good thing about it is it didn't break me out and I have acne-prone skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by makeupbynichole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was given this powder by a friend who didn't want it anymore because of the smell and I was like ok I will take it (and didn't even bother to smell it)
I hate the smell it makes me very nausea. The powder itself is chalky and doesn't blend well at all. The powder also makes my skin really oily very quickly and makes me break out easily, even after only wearing for after a hour.
I will not buy this pressed powder again there are other drug store pressed powders far better then this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by LuckyDuck

I have nothing positive to say about this product. The powder is chalky and coarse, which feels rough going on. It really irritated my not-at-all sensitive skin. It doesn't fully absorb until hours later, and in the meantime, you'll look like a Halloween vampire. The puff that it comes with is essentially useless, as the powder just sits on top of that, too. Don't be swayed by the low price; sometimes you get what you pay for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased the compact in fair. It applies sheer and does a great job setting my foundation without adding too much colour. The powder isn't the best in terms of being finely milled, but not the worst. I particularly didn't care for the smell, it has that typical noxema/cover girl smell, and the powder puff provided I found useless. For the price it does a decent job.