January 31, 2015 | 2013 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Amazing Grace Eau De Parfum

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by greenclover

Maybe I'm really really missing something or the bottles of perfumes I sampled at Sephora were off but I am not at all impressed with the Philosophy fragrance line - amazing grace included. I was dissapointed because everyone raved about the Philosophy frag.s , and how clean and soft they were. Well at initial spritz this smelled like hairspray (not in a good way). As it dried down it smelled better but not good. Any good clean/ soapy notes are drowned out by sweetness in the philosophy perfumes and this awful, cheap synthetic quality. Gross. I'm giving this two stars just because it is not the bomb of a fragrance that Baby grace is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by JanM

This is a gentle warm floral scent, not too strong and not too heavy.

Yes it does smell a bit like a floral soap, or an upmarket fabric softener, but that is OK for me.

I work in a hospital and have to get pretty close to people, I don't want to smell of nothing, I certainly don't want to smell sexy, or mysterious, or of food, yet neither do I want to leave out this important part of my ritual of looking after myself and feeling good about myself.

This is clean and fresh smelling, and does not offend anyone, it is one of the few fragrances that I can smell on myself during the day, and one of the few fragrances that strangers have commented on.

It lasts well on me, but I do carry around the rollerball, which helps to give me a lift mid afternoon.

A definate re-purchase for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Dollykins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like it, but I don't love it. I tried it on in the store and loved it, and came back and bought it 2 weeks later and now it doesn't smell quite the same. Kind of overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Krispar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this beautiful scent!!! I will always keep this one around!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by mec1223

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Not my HG, but one I will probably always keep in my arsenal. It's such a nice fragrance...very clean and "comforting". Not one of my "sexy" smells, though.

I especially like to put it on after I get out of the shower in the evening.

Would purchase again.

EDIT: Sadly, I've traded off all my Pure Grace items. The scent is no longer "comforting" to me...not sure why, though... (5/2010)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by gilbertva

To me this smells different from the original cologne--too much alcohol.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 10:40:00 AM More reviews by shelbylynnjones

I love this scent because it is clean and you will get a ton of compliments on how good you smell! I am not a fan of any fragrances that are really strong and didn't understand all the hype. I bought a set that had it included and I really enjoy it. I have taken a break from it for now, but will definitely use it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2009 10:32:00 PM More reviews by rachellkimb

I honestly don't get the hype w/ this scent. Maybe it's just my body chemistry. On me it just smells musty.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Portesa1

This isn't my very favorite fragrance, but it is the one that gets the most consistently favorable response from men. I am amazed (ha ha!) at how men always tell me how good I smell whenever I wear it. Always. I combine the body lotion and the EDP and it lasts fairly well - 4 or 5 hours. It's a light, clean scent that - unlike most fragrances - doesn't trigger an allergic reaction or headache.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2009 6:17:00 PM More reviews by diana6

This is my new favorite "everyday" fragrance. I tried this on once at Sephora and I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist all day! Amazing Grace is the perfect combination of sweetness and clean freshness (like soap) with a touch of musk? And I normally hate musk, but here it just makes it a bit more grown-up and less sugary. It's almost hard to even call it a "perfume," it's so natural-seeming.
I've gotten several compliments from strangers (mostly men!) saying I smell wonderful, so that's a success. My only complaint is that it doesn't last very long compared to other perfumes.