Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

3.9

Ingredients: Aqua (Water,Eau),Glycerin,Propylene Glycol,PEG-8 Stearate,PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide,Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract,Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract,Carbomer,Sodium Chloride,Parfum (Fragrance),Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Triethanolamine,Diazolidinyl Urea,Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide),CI 19140 (Yellow 5),CI 42090 (Blue 1),CI 15985 (Yellow 6)(4/26/2015)

on 1/5/2014 11:18:00 AM

I wanted to give a few new items a try so when I ordered something off of the MB site I picked this as one of the free trial size items. I had read decent reviews on here that said my combo, sensitive, acne-prone peers had had positive results.

The first few days it was quite nice. I already use a BHA and an AHA so I wasn't expecting any harsh results, and I didn't get any. It smells pleasant and has a nice soft consistency to it. I can't speak for the packaging for the regular size but after a few days of the trial size it was impossible to squeeze the thick gel out and I had to take the top off.

After a few days, though, I started noticing small red clusters on my face especially around my mouth and jawline. They were very itchy and only got worse, and if I had to guess it was some kind of contact dermatitis. As soon as I stopped using it the itchiness went away but it was about a week before the spots went away when back on my old cleanser.

on 12/28/2013 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I alternate with this when I get sick of Purity (which I buy literally by the gallon). This is excellent for my face, but it can't be used to remove eye makeup. Enzyme Cleansing GEl makes my skin feel soft, and smooth and it seems to take off makeup, dirt, and sunscreen. This cleanser is extremely gentle, and I can't tell if it exfoliates my skin, but it does clean it.

on 12/27/2013 5:13:00 PM

Im so in love with this cleanser. I bought this after i ran out of my purity cleanser. which after two years of 1-2 times a day usage was starting to not work and break me out more. this doesnt foam which took some getting used to but it takes all of my makeup off and works really well with my clarasonic. new holy grail... till my skin gets used to it and i have to switch again.

on 12/24/2013 11:30:00 PM

This product is amazing. I love the smell. The papaya enzyme is awesome and it's more gentle than their - also amazing - glycolic cleanser. This is a great cleanser for everyday as it's gentle. However, I use it once a day and use a charcoal cleanser in the evening.

It's great for reducing dead skin cell buildup and improving the texture and tone of your skin are chronic use.

on 12/12/2013 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Love. love. love this cleanser! Doesn't foam, so for those that like the super clean of a foaming cleanser, you will not get it here ;-) Wonderful scent and does not irritate, even my dry sensitive skin. Can work for most skin types.
I use it alone in the morning and as my second cleanse in the evening after removing my makeup with a MB cream "soap", oil remover or cleansing cream, depending on my level of makeup that day. You can use it to remove light makeup, but I just prefer a creamy cleanser and a washcloth for makeup removal and this to actually wash my face. I have used my double cleanse method with this while traveling and it works fine too.
Quite economical as a dime to quarter size is all that is needed, any more is just a waste of product and most likely irritating to your skin.
If you are interested in trying any of the MB products, def. give this one a try!

on 11/29/2013 11:17:00 AM

Nice cleanser and not a lot of extra ingredients! I have toner, mask, and scrubs of MB and like all of them:)I found this line through a makeup blog "Prime Beauty," and it was well worth it. I got a sample skin care kit through http://www.mariobadescu.com after filling out a questionnaire. Here in Montana we just started getting a couple of ULTA stores and it's a 9 + hour drive to a Nordstrom's, but N's ships for free.
The one thing I wish we could do is re-cycle the plastic bottles back through. It maybe due to some sterilization process and safe product issues, but hey:)

on 11/26/2013 10:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This cleanser has a great smell and left my skin feeling exquisitely clean afterwards. Like a whole new level of clean. Unfortunately my skin cannot tolerate it very well because it dries out my skin. I think this would be a perfect cleanser for someone with oily skin or maybe guys (who generally have tougher skin). I use this after I workout because of how clean and refreshed it makes my sweaty sticky skin feel.

on 11/18/2013 9:20:00 PM

Was kind of skeptical about this because it's for all skin types and these kind of products usually work in favour of only 1 skin type, judging from past experience. This product smells great, looks great and it is great. It's gel-like and glides over my face. It's easy to wash off and leaves my face feeling and smelling really good. After using it for a month (together with biotherm's pure-fect skin), my skin texture improved (it used to be rly bumpy but it's a little better now) and it improved my uneven skin tone (acne scars and spots appeared lighter). If my boyfriend could notice this, then it must rly be working. Thumbs up once again for Mario Badescu.

on 10/20/2013 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this cleanser so much. Up until I started using this product in conjunction with another moisturizer, I had suffered with pretty bad acne for about 2 years. Being in my 20's I figured my years of acne were over but since I started using this cleanser I think they finally are! It's so gentle, has a pleasant scent, and effectively cleanses without drying. My skin has drastically cleared up and the texture of my skin is slowly evening back out. I never thought I would see the day my pimples subsided but I owe most of it to this cleanser!!! I recommend this to anyone with similar skin like mine. It's gentle yet effective! HG for sure! <3

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this cleanser for 3 months now, and loving it! It really does deep clean and is very mild. For a person with oily skin and very sensitive, I have seen amazing results. No more breakouts! You can't go wrong with something as inexpensive and that's not going dry your face!