August 28, 2014 | 1477 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by spearmintcookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I so wanted to love this product...I like how it smells, though it is a bit weird, and I like the tingliness, but I find it wears off in practically no time and I'm left with the same chapped lips as I started with. Maybe the rose salve would serve me better. Given the price ($7 USD) and lackluster performance, I will not be buying this again. Plus, you get a huge tin of it, so it'll last me awhile.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by ashleybaybay

I guess I bought into the smith's rosebud salve hype, but I was very disappointed. I mean, it's an okay lip balm, but it's basically equivalent to vaseline. I think I really just wanted to try it out for my own satisfaction,and because it supposedly had a nice "sheen/tint". Really, it didn't tint my lips at all...it was too sheer and it was a little too glossy for my taste.

Smell: I actually like it...but I know some people think it's a bit weird. It's a minty, herbally, rosy smell :)
Packaging: I don't really care about it being in a "pot" because I don't worry too much about it being "sanitary" or not...so it's alright
Price: In Canada at Sephora I got this for about $10 with tax included...so it wasn't that cheap. That's probably why I wouldn't be getting this again...I'll bet there are a lot of other lip balms out there that are cheaper or the same price that will actually "heal" and give my lips more moisture. When I put this on it moisturizes at first, but then after awhile I have to reapply because my lips start to peel/crack again :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I love this stuff! I thought the smell was a little weird at first, but I grew to love it. It leaves my lips looking very soft without looking overly glossy, and it really sinks in. Definitely buying this stuff again, it's fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Words can not express my love for this product!! I just love it THAT much!
I'm a lip chap junkie. I go through them like crazy (one every 2 months or so), and when I apply any type of lip chap, it seems to fade away really quickly.
This really moisturizes my lips, I still have to reapply (of course), but I don't apply it as often as when I had lip chap. While others say that this is just an overpriced vaseline, I would have to disagree. To me, vaseline does keep my lips moisturized when I put it on, however whenever I do not apply vaseline my lips are chapped like crazy.
The packaging is nice, but a little annoying at times. If it even gets warm it melts, which is never fun. Also having to dip my finger in every time is not hygenic - but I can deal with that. I really like the smell as well!! But to each their own. :)
Price wise, I definitely feel that it balances it out. Normal lip chaps are $2-$3 each, for a year I'd be spending around $12+ on seperate lip chaps (not to mention ones that get lost as well!). Instead I can just get this tin for 9.50CAD and it lasts me close to a year!

I would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by cjx3pooh

EDIT: I figured out what it smells like! Baby powder and menthol. Definitely returning this.
I thought I'd love this for the smell... But it smells like an ointment I use for bugbites, which isn't bad... But definitely not like roses.
Other than that, the balm is pretty mediocre, texture is similar to Vaseline.
Because of the smell, I don't think I'll be repurchasing. Maybe mine was defected or something

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by debramarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually need to replace my tin of this. I'm a die-hard fan of the Smith Rosebud line, and this one was no exception.

My husband (then boyfriend) and I were on vacation and he had a very bad chapped thighs. This was all I had, and he tried it, and he said it helped soothe the rash. I'd highly recommend it. Since then, he's kept this tin just in case he ever needs it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by internetgirl

The peppermint and rose combination has a pleasant smell. It leaves my lips looking juicy at first but then later I find that it actually looks kind of like of greasy looking. And then after it is washed off or dried, my lips returns back to being really dry with skin peeling off. I also think it is overpriced. I got it for $9 from american apparal. I like the strawberry one better since it is makes my lips less greasy looking although the smell is like a medicated strawberry smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by sh0rtastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best Salve for lips!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by kurage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It tastes great and has a slight minty cool tingle. It gives your lips a very delicate glossy sheen while looking natural and putting a tiny hint of color on them. It is not sticky at all, just very smooth. It moisturizes like crazy, my only qualm with this product is that it wears off very quickly which isn't good if you have chapped/dry lips like me, and the price is sort of steep. You get a LOT of product in it, so that does make up for the price, sort of, even though it is made out of some pretty simple ingredients.
I will buy it again and use it as my main gloss from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by sabsprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite lip balm ever in the entire world! I love the tingle, how it's very smooth and slick, it has a very subtle glossiness that makes my lips look oh so plump, and it's absolutely wonderful. The product does tend to shift as it was sitting in my pocket and when I opened it it all shifted to one side. It does last a while as you don't need to much. I LOVE THIS STUFF! I highly recommend this. It's also a great base for lip glosses and lipsticks because I like mine to be a bit sheer and to glide on and this helps them glide on and give a nice, plump look. It keeps them moisturized with even lipsticks that dry my lips. GET IT!