La Prairie Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder

4.4

New Ingredients (Rectangular Compact): Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate?Polymethyl Methacrylate?Squalane?Methicone?Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Beta-Glucan, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Extract, Calluna Vulgaris (Heather) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Kaolin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Silk (Serica) Powder, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben?Propylparaben?Fragrance (Parfum)?Benzyl Alcohol???, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

I absolutely LOVE this powder! My sking is pretty normal, but I occasionally suffer from dry patches and have large pores on my cheeks so I like to keep away from liquid foundation. I've tried a number of foundation powders includeing Clinique, MAC, Stilla, Bare Minerals, and Chanel. The one that I was using for serveral years was the Chanel double foundation powder until I discovered this stuff. I love the way this powder blends in skin. It doesn't look fake or cakey. My face is smooth, flawless, and it doesn't clog my pores. I've actually noticed my skin improving after regularly using this. My pores don't get clogged at all and I rarely get breakouts. I apply this powder in the morning and never reapply it through out the day. I statys matte all day. My only gripe is the rediculous price of $75 and it lasts like 3-4 months with daily use. I think it's expensive, but given the options out there, it's worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HG powder foundation. I've been using this on and off for 4 years now. Every now and then, I'll try to go find a cheaper alternative and always end up coming back to La Prairie. This powder gives better coverage than most powder foundations without looking cakey. (I've tried Shiseido, Guerlain, Shu Uemera, Dior, Chanel, Clinique, Prescriptives, Givenchy, and sooo many others) When I wear this, my friends always comments on how my skin looks flawless and my pores are completely gone. However, I do have pretty decent skin to begin with so I don't know how this would work on people with alot more to cover up. This gives a VERY matte finish so those who like a little glow should stay away. Although I'm yellow tones, the Beige Dore which seems to have a little pink in it fits me like 2nd skin. Love this powder foundation and will continue to repurchase.

Edit: Also for to mention, I have extremely, super sensitive skin. A lot of powders have made me itchy and this once doesn't. So this is great for sensitive skin gals!

This product is okay. It's is definitely for girls with better skin as the coverage is minimal, which is fine with me. It has a very matte finish and isn't really anything to write home about. Chanel Double Perfection and Shiseido Powdery foundation are a lot better than this product. The packaging is simple and nice looking though if that's any consolation.

Very fine texture. But: matte, matte, VERY matte. So, for oilier skin and for younger women. My mother was using it, and it made her face look flat and dull. Too matte for her age.
Update: one lippie off for the limited color range; never a close match, you always have to accept that the color is slightly off. Not what might be expected for the price. And it became grainy after a few months of use. My mother just had to discard it with a rather heavy heart - just think of the price!

errr... am I using the same product as the rest of you?? this stuff is ok i guess, its kinda flat looking and doesnt really cover much. looks sort of powdery and dulls my skin a bit. i use it as a compact powder for touch up rather than a foundation because its just not up to the job in my opinion.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I totally agree with previous reviewer - controls oil better than any other powder I've tried (and believe me, I've tried a lot). Yes, I get shiny after 4-5 hours, but I usually have to blot my face after 3 hours. And the shine is discreet, dewy more than oily.
The minus is that I prefer foundation to be light with just a bit of coverage and this one gives you medim to total coverage. I've tried to put it with brush, expecting to make it lighter and more natural looking, but it was even worse.
I have it in old package - round one. It's excelent, I don't know why they had to change it...
Won't buy it again because Beiersdorf is on/off animal testing company, more on than off

This keeps my skin matte, and I mean REALLY matte at first. As the day goes on, a little bit of oil shows through but not much. It's really good for oil control. The coverage is very buildable, from sheer to heavy. You have to moisturize very well though, because this product does emphasize dry spots. I have this in Ivoire and even though it looks pinkish, it blends in very nicely with my yellow undertoned skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is absolutely fantastic. I have bought other powders but nothing compares to the texture and softness of this powder. I use the colour Ivore and its looks so natural. I have super sensitive skin and this powder does not affect my skin like other powders do. I will be buying it again as its the best stuff on the market. I only bought it due to reviews Ive read about it on other sites. Top marks to this powder. Not cheap but as I will be using it daily, its worth the weight of its cost.

wow, this stuff is amazing and so worth the money! i was looking for a powder compact foundation that would control oil and provide a matte finish. a wonderful MUAer recommended this and i promptly went out to buy it at saks (where i also saw pursebuzz buying some la mer, LOL!). the sweet SA helped me pic out my shade. i am nc 30 in mac and was matched with sunlit beige. i needed something that i could just throw on with a few brushstrokes before heading out to work and would control my shine during the summer, but provided nice coverage. this foundation sinks in within a few minutes and doesn't leave a powdery layer on top. normally with fluid foundation i get very shiny at the end of the day and have to use blot papers and powder. when i left work this week and checked my makeup in the car, i was shine free! i truly didn't think a product could do this much. i might even continue to use this in the fall/ winter (normally wear studio fix fluid) because the finish is so nice and i can just throw it on, without all the blending and buffing i do with liquid (although i do get tons of complements with the fix fluid, i sometimes get to lazy to do that application). the product is a bit pricey (75 bucks at saks) and comes in a chic, slim silver compact. i will absolutely repurchase and continue to recommend it to others seeking the same product. definitely worth the money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG powder foundation - I love high SPF s/s and I was sick & tired of looking shiny or needing to touch up throughout the day thus, making me look super cakey. I am MAC NC 25, I wear Cameo. This lasts all day, it is completely matte - no shimmers.
The package leaves something to be desired - it's just that it's silver toned plastic and it's so much $$, that being said the big mirror is great. That's the only thing I can complain about.