April 19, 2014 | 1642 users online

Powder - La Prairie - Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2008 6:18:00 AM More reviews by sureofherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is absolutely fantastic. I have bought other powders but nothing compares to the texture and softness of this powder. I use the colour Ivore and its looks so natural. I have super sensitive skin and this powder does not affect my skin like other powders do. I will be buying it again as its the best stuff on the market. I only bought it due to reviews Ive read about it on other sites. Top marks to this powder. Not cheap but as I will be using it daily, its worth the weight of its cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 4:06:00 PM More reviews by beautymaven81

wow, this stuff is amazing and so worth the money! i was looking for a powder compact foundation that would control oil and provide a matte finish. a wonderful MUAer recommended this and i promptly went out to buy it at saks (where i also saw pursebuzz buying some la mer, LOL!). the sweet SA helped me pic out my shade. i am nc 30 in mac and was matched with sunlit beige. i needed something that i could just throw on with a few brushstrokes before heading out to work and would control my shine during the summer, but provided nice coverage. this foundation sinks in within a few minutes and doesn't leave a powdery layer on top. normally with fluid foundation i get very shiny at the end of the day and have to use blot papers and powder. when i left work this week and checked my makeup in the car, i was shine free! i truly didn't think a product could do this much. i might even continue to use this in the fall/ winter (normally wear studio fix fluid) because the finish is so nice and i can just throw it on, without all the blending and buffing i do with liquid (although i do get tons of complements with the fix fluid, i sometimes get to lazy to do that application). the product is a bit pricey (75 bucks at saks) and comes in a chic, slim silver compact. i will absolutely repurchase and continue to recommend it to others seeking the same product. definitely worth the money.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by grouchie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG powder foundation - I love high SPF s/s and I was sick & tired of looking shiny or needing to touch up throughout the day thus, making me look super cakey. I am MAC NC 25, I wear Cameo. This lasts all day, it is completely matte - no shimmers.
The package leaves something to be desired - it's just that it's silver toned plastic and it's so much $$, that being said the big mirror is great. That's the only thing I can complain about.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 1:09:00 AM More reviews by isseymiyake

i'm in love with it. This is a great foundation for oily skin that needs coverage. excellent oil control, beautiful smooth finish, buildable coverage, easy to blend, like a dream comes true. it is expensive, but well worth the price.

But the shades are too limited, too pinkish for my light to medium yellow skin tone. Moreover, it does flatten the complexion due to the matte finish. Make sure to use blush or contouring color as well.

~~~~~

Update: I have been using it for 2 months, and still in love with it. It does not break me out or anything. Great for touch-ups.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update: Now my new HG is the compact foundation from Chantecaille. Over the past 6 months my skin has got a lot better, most of acne scars have faded and my face itself is glowy without any makeup( thanks to Affirm!) . Now this cellular powder foundation has become a bit too heavy for me, while Chantecaille's compact provides a sheer coverage that looks totally natural yet polished. I still like La Prairie's compact, especially for special events or for a bad skin day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update: It has been two years, i still have this in my closet and go to it from time to time when I am in those horrible skin days. I love to pair it with the Becca shimmering skin perfection, which is a beautiful natural looking highlighter. When combined they give me a polished, smooth and glowy finish despite the huge pores, breakouts, scars that I have underneath.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by huamao

Nice texture. Kind of waterproof. OK for oil-control.
It's not heavy, but coverage is strong. Unfortunately, the color I got doesn't match my skin tone that well. So it looks kind of fake.
The sponge that comes with the compact is weird. And the compact is too huge, with a crooked miror. Got mine from Neiman Marcus.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 1:31:00 AM More reviews by poeticsinger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG..can you say HG??!! This stuff is HEAVEN! And I join the ranks of those who have tried a million powders, liquids, minerals....you name it. I love barefaced minerals but this stuff...good gracious! First, let me say very sadly, that this foundation is not geared towards African American women...I guess there aren't many women of color in Switzerland. Also, this took some doing to get. The Nordstrom stores in my area don't carry it. It was shipped to me from California (I'm in DC).. All that said, I am African American and luckily for me, I'm extremely fair skinned. I can..BARELY wear the darkest color. But THANK GOD I can because this stuff is flawless. And more than that it keeps my OFF THE CHARTS oil at bay ALL DAY. This stuff is wicked expensive but I'm not sorry I invested. The next time I get my hands on $75 I'll be buying it again. It's THAT GOOD. And the compact is FABULOUS. SO ELEGANT..and rightfully so: If you're going to pay that much for makeup, doggone it, it should look like you paid that much! I'm totally in love! Thanks for the other reviews! I would never have heard of this foundation had it not been for this site!
UPDATE: Well, this is more of a tip than an update. The second day I used it, it wasn't as smooth. And I had to do a few things to it since it was a tad too light. But here it is: I put the powder on first and put a (darker) liquid foundation over it. It's sort of the equivalent of putting it on wet but for me it made the color perfect. I've NEVER looked so perfect! The HG statement stands!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by MiuMiuLvoe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow.. this is so great. that's all i gotta say. everything about the powder has been said below but this is the 'best' powder foundation i've used in my life of wearing makeup. i got the ivoire and in the new package(rentangular) it's so luxurious looking outside with big mirror and makes me feel luxurious when i put the powder on my face. it's so velvety smooth and soft. i thought GA was good but this is wow!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 2:28:00 AM More reviews by sofysophia

i got it (the old version - round compact) on strawberrynet.com and with my loyalty discount + local customer discount, it was a pretty good deal :)

after reading so much rave reviews here my i expected so much from this powder. i expected it to be my holy grail, even before i saw the powder in flesh. and it didn't let me down. i've tried almost every powder out there and this is one of the BEST i've ever tried. it goes on like my second skin. and this is great for acne-prone skin. the powder is SO finely milled it's such a delight to use. it gives you that picture perfect look that one can only dream of having. now i look forward to putting on my makeup every morning :)

I have it in Ivoire, the lightest shade in the line i think? it's a pretty neutral color without a lot of pink or yellow in it. not that i could detect anyway. all in all, this powder is right up there with my other favorite Cle de Peau :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2008 1:40:00 PM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is hands down the best pressed powder I have ever tried and I've tried a lot. I found this 4 years ago, don't know what took me so long to review it. I just applied it over my nose and I got the urge to review it and here I am. I never would have found this if it wasn't for the reviews here. I wear it mainly in the summer because I am normal to dry skinned. I have tried so many others and always come back to this one which patiently sits in my drawer smirking, knowing full well that I will be back after trying the latest thing raved about here. What I do is, I apply my heavy sun screen and my caron loose foundation powder to start. Then, as the day wears on, this powder comes into play. I apply it with a retractable brush I keep in my bag. One application is enough, it lasts the rest of the day, even on my nose! It's not at all drying and I normally prefer a dewier more luminous look but this powder has a really lovely, velvety look that just melts right into my skin. I am an NW15 and the lightest shade Ivoire is perfect. It is easy to over do it with this stuff for me personally. I only need a very light dusting but it covers remarkably for a powder. I sometimes have to buff in into my pores about my nose a bit but you cannot tell it's there once it's buffed into my pores. You cannot see any of my broken capillaries around my nose or even a few age/sun spots on my face. I use it in the winter when I am extra made up for special occasions and I need to dust over my nose. This is the powder I use to feel complete just at my nose area, the rest of my skin is dry-ish and doesn't need any powder. Hear me now LaPrairie, if this powder is discontinued there will be a shreik heard 'round the world and I will be buying about 10 compacts to keep me in this powder till I die.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 6:02:00 PM More reviews by tam75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my #1 powder. I've used so-so many powders over the YEARS since I knew what make-up was; my search was never ending till I came across this LP Found Powd about (5) months ago but I have the 1st generation which is "round" NOT rectangle. Till date, I think this prod is absolutely flawless...from the look of the compact (elegant) to the powder finish on my face. This is the ONLY found. powder that does not upset my pimples (when i do get it). I bought "cameo", thought it was too light but it seems the longer the powder sits on my face the better it looks. The light color "cameo" tends to blend right into my skin making me look like i found the perfect color; even my sister complimented and she TOO went out and bought LP herself. It never made me feel cakey, very light-airy and doesn't make me look like an oil slick either and i have oily skin. This works with my skin not against. This is very expen$ive but when you find something that works great on your skin...why change?!!? I already bought 2nd compact just to 'stock up' :o)~
Overall fantastic product...LP PLEEEES do no't discontinue this!!!!
******************************************************************
UPDATE 5/14/09: It's been over a yr now that I've been using this LP pwdr. LUV-LUV-LUV it!!!! And wouldn't change it for anything!!!! This is the one! Sorry that this prod does not work on some gals; but for the gals that does...you know exactly what i'm talking about...! OH...if you like to touch up but afraid to use this (b/c it's super $$)...try Maybeline Dream Matte Pressed Pwdr. I found that to work nicely too. No cheap chalky look and it's very affordable ($7-$8). OK...that's all. LP is #1 still...=)
*******************************************************************************
UPDATE 6/10/10: I'm still using this. still works very good. but i might look for alternative (MAYBE)...and that's only b/c of the high price of this LP. We'll see once i'm done. this last long time!