October 2, 2014 | 1855 users online

Brows - MAC - Brow Finisher

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Peacelover18

I have the Brow Finisher in Clear (the colored ones are being discontinued, FYI). As someone who has very full eyebrows, wax is something absolutely essential for keeping them in place. The finisher lasts for at least 4 or 5 hours. It is also great for use as a reverse lip liner - when I'm wearing dark lipstick, I usually apply this around the outside of my lips to seal in the color. It works beautifully. This is a great product, although I think $15 is a little ridiculous for a wax stick. If you want to go cheaper, you can't go wrong with Chapstick. While I probably will repurchase, I can't help but hope MAC will reformulate the brow shaders to have wax in them, like other brands do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2008 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Shamisen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this thing. I have never liked putting powder or pencil on my brows because I think it looks really obvious and unnatural having the colour on the skin.
This stick just rubs on and sticks to the hairs making them look more beefy but without actually putting colour onto the skin.
It doesn't require much skill at all and takes about 2 seconds for each eye, I do it in the car on the way to work. Love it - HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is so easy to apply and is just the right thickness. It's waxy and makes eyebrows look more natural. Even though I have black brows, they're so thin and sparse that I got Blonde Beige as recommended by the SA. It's perfect. Looks very natural. I use this alone with nothing under or over it and it's enough to define my eyebrows. Will definitely repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ennisprettykitty

Another great product from M.A.C. (i hate saying that here as i know alot of people start to groan when people go on about mac make up)
i am naturally very fair with almost invisible eybrows.plus the edge of one got singed off as a child!!(stupid chrsitmas candles!) and when ever i put foundation or powder on my eye brows are complelty gone, so i always use some thing for them.like most people i am not a huge fan of pencils as i feel they simply create a line, when you are going for a natural look. this product is waxy, so it goes on quite soft, easy to blend with q-tip and they have a good range of colurs.the only thing i would prefer a pencil over this, is you can sharpen the pencil to a point if you have very thin brows.but all in all a good buy for anybody especially people with fuller brows
UPDATE!!!!20/1/09
still using this, although i do feel the colour is a bit red for my blonde eye brows, im stil looking for an ey brow pencil, but this is ok for now

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by schpahky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A MAC salesperson suggested this while she we were playing with eyeliners, so I said, sure. It is, hands down, the most amazing and simple brow product I have used. No sloppy powder, no gel, no brush needed, it's easy to hold, and doesn't come off on my hand if I touch my brow later. I have dark red hair and use Brunette because it is a warm brown with red highlights. It takes two seconds to apply and my face looks "finished." Awesome!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 7:46:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great! I have lightened my eyebrows in accordance with my very light blonde hair and the Brow Shader in Walnut/Ivoire was slightly too dark. I managed to score the Brow Finisher in Beige Blonde from cyberemporium.com.au for about $10 on sale. Not only is it a great colour match for my eyebrows, it gives an extremely natural, subtle finish with just a few strokes. I'm too impatient to muck around with my eyebrows for ages and thankfully the Brow Finisher is quite forgiving in this respect - they look perfectly groomed with a hint of colour, but because it's waxy and not a pencil, there aren't any harsh lines to blend in. I'm tempted to buy another one as backup while they are still on sale!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 12:30:00 PM More reviews by xogyrlyinredxo

I love this product. I do not have a light hand so when I used brow pencils I would make my brows look like they were drawn in. I thin brows so it was always hard for me to use powder or pencil brow products. I have MAC's brow finisher in wheat and it works great! It gives my brows a little bit of color. I have read some reviewers comments about their brow being stiff or crunchy like from this product but I did not have that problem and I apply a generous amount. For reference I am an asian, NC35.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by vallerina5chu

I don't really like to trim my eyebrows, so I use this in Clear to tame my hairs and gently nudge them into a more defined arch. I used to use the clear gel using a mascara wand-type, but they always looked ... like they were shellac'ed on. Like I took hair gel and smeared them on my eyebrows. This is the perfect size for use on the eyebrows ... and I usually follow up with MAC Brow Shader in Walnut / Ivoire and my brows look so polished but natural. I had pondered getting the Anastasia Brow Fix, but it's $19 (as opposed to MAC's $15) and required sharpening ... which usually means that product is lost / wasted in the sharpening process.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 12:12:00 AM More reviews by maddiebarker

This is my HG brow product. I put it on the clear stick first, then the MAC brow powder second. I have never found anything that manages my unruly brows all day.
I love this product so much that I had my boyfriend mail it to me while I was living in Spain- I later found out there's a MAC store in Bilbao- whoops!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by CheckyDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Would I buy again? Yes, yes, YES! This is the most amazing brow product I have ever used! I have pretty light brows naturally and have always had to fill the in. I've used pencils, brow powder, e/s, all of it! The look I liked the best was using a powder w/ a slanted brush and then a little wax over them to help them stay in place...they can look a little unruley! But all that in the morning was taking way too long to do! I wanted something faster & easier to use. I came across these at CCO. I went in w/ nothing on my brows, tested these out very lightly on them and, wow, what a difference it made! And so quickly! Even the SA said how nice they looked and she didn't even see me using it, so she wasn't just trying to make a sale.
Anyway, I use this in Cinnamon and it matches my red hair just fine. I seriously hope these are never dicontinued!