November 28, 2014 | 2048 users online

Foundations - SKII - Air Touch Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 7:18:00 AM More reviews by poeticsinger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First let me say that I won't be paying all that money to repurchase this. That said, this is a wonderful finishing spray..HOWEVER, I have a pet peeve about companies who clearly are not including African American women in their sales audience. This product is one of the worst offenders. I'm forgiving them because they're in Japan and they have no real reason to include us. But that's why this product didn't work as well as it could have for me and why they won't get anymore of my money. I am an extremely fair skinned African American woman and I can usually wear at least one shade from lines who don't make dark colors. I have OB4 in this and it is ridiculously light. It works for me still because I put a mineral powder on first that's a tad darker than my skin tone. I spray the SKII foundation over it, let it dry then apply a bronzer. PERFECTION. It adds a wonderful finish and it lasts. BUT for $150 I shouldn't have to do all that....so I won't.

I do love this machine. It's SO cool! I'll hang on to it in the event that they wake up and make some darker colors ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by maggie0008

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best foundation ever. I have been using it for 8 months and couldn't be happier. Even my sister tried it the other day and she was blown away!

I use it over the Bare Scentuals "Mineral Veil" powder (very light layer) or one on their regular mineral powder foundations. I also use the BS concealer and blush underneath and it looks very natural but with enough coverage (BTW, the BS concealer is amazing, I use Summer Bisque). The amount of mineral makeup I use is minimal, much less than if I was using it by itself. I think using it over a regular foundation would be just too cakey and defeat the purpose. I am 43 but look like I'm in my 20's, and this definitely helps :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 11:04:00 AM More reviews by dazedxgrrl

I have been admiring this product for so long, and recently took the plunge. I ordered it online through Saks, and received it a couple of weeks ago. I noticed many of the reviews mentioned that this should be used as a finishing spray, but I decided to use it on its own, and as a finishing spray to compare. On its own, I found the coverage too sheer for my liking. If I didn't have rosacea nor freckles, I would have no problem using it on its own, however, that is not the case. Afterwards, I removed it, and used it on top of one of my regular foundations (I alternate between La Mer and Kanebo). I absolutely LOVE how this looks on top of my foundation! It gives me the perfect dewy look that I always try to achieve, but fail miserably. It is absolute perfection with my skin. After wearing this in the hot and humid Florida weather, my skin remained dewy, but not greasy whatsoever (which is a common problem with other foundations). I've also set this with some La Mer powder after it's dried, and it has worked well. I will definitely be buying more refills when the time comes.

Just for reference, I am NW15-20, and OP-1 was a perfect match (I usually have the problem of foundations being too yellow on me, but this was just right).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by macrocyte

I think I'm one of the lucky few who got this device as part of a promotion from SKII when you spend $300. They have these promotions fairly often at Saks although the gifts may vary.

I am very pleased by the quality and the result of this product after using it for 6 months. I've tried Cle de peau silky foundation and fluid foundation but neither came close to the result of this one. At first I was bothered by the small volume of foundation but I soon realized that the spray device eliminates the need for a sponge or brush so that nothing goes to waste. I finished one refill in 2 months time when using it every morning. The refills are priced at 2 for $90, so it's about a 4 months supply. The application is even and your skin stays moist because of the Pitera ingredient. You can also control the amount of coverage you want by spraying lightly all over your face or spraying generously for 15 seconds for a thicker finish.

The 1 star I took off was because of the price. However, compared to its peer group (la mer, la prairie, cle de peau) this little puppy really stands out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 12:33:00 PM More reviews by pinkydinkydo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After spending $170 in Saks for this stuff, I got it home and the spray thing didn't work. So much for good packaging. The sales lady in Saks really didn't take much time to match me well, but seemed more intent upon selling me a bunch of SKII stuff to go along with the foundation. It's a good idea, just don't know if the execution is the best. It would be great if SK had created a system that could be used with ALL foundations. But the device is made so that ONLY SK II foundation ($90 for 2 refills, which are teensy) can be used in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2008 1:06:00 AM More reviews by tacobeanette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love love this foundation! I had read about it for the past two years but didn't find it at sephora, which usually has everything, so I thought I'd never get to try it. Then I went to Bloomie's and couldn't help but try it. I had one side of my face with a clinique foundation (egh) and the other side sprayed with this. I was shocked to see that only 5 seconds of spraying was enough to give me this gorgeous luminosity. I assumed this was around $50 but when the saleslady told me the price I apologized for wasting her time and ran away. The rest of the evening I couldn't deny how good half my face looked so the next day I went back and just bought it. It's expensive $ wise, but for this quality it's well worth it. I've been reading that people use this on their faces for 30 seconds to even an entire minute, honestly 10 seconds is enough to cover my whole face for the entire day without any touchups. So if 30 seconds a day makes you run out in a month, I judge I will run out in 3 months as a conservative estimate. For $40 refills, that's not too bad.

Oh and I have oily skin that looks gross after a few hours but not with this. The formula is oil-free and even if my skin gets oily (as it will do) after say 6 hours, it looks more dewy than the greasy slab it usually is. This does not make your skin feel oilier at all, I would even recommend using moisturizer prior.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2008 6:17:00 PM More reviews by vivapandora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a super expensive makeup to start, but the refills aren't that bad (we'll see how long they last).
Now, today is the first time I have tried it, and so far so good.
It is super easy to use and very cool!
I got the BE-2, which is supposed to be a yellow based beige and it seems like a pretty good match for my light to med golden olive skin; maybe a little pale for summer, if I layer it too much. We'll see.
I have lots of red marks and some bumps/breakouts on my jaw line (where I always get my breakouts), but the rest of my skin is pretty good. I used an all over primer and spot concealer on the worst offenders (and then some blush) and then sprayed it on. I put a second coat on the forehead and jaw line and it blended great, I checked in direct sun too.
It gives a nice finish, very natural. I did set it with a bit of minerals after it dried, I wanted some SPF. But, it looked really good before that too. I am hoping the pitera will help my skin - we'll see. I had a morning pilates class and it looked exactly the same after class, it has held up well.

UPDATE: Lippies WAY down because SKII sucks as a company!
This product is being discontinued as far as I can tell, but they are still selling the expensive device to people, unbelievable! I think I may have had it with this company's cryptic color system and difficulty finding product. It is pretty amazing stuff, but I just can't deal with the SKII company anymore!! Hopefully they will relaunch it with a better color system, as it is an amazing device.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2008 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Cheekbones

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I was desperate to try something that would even out my skin tone/hide large pores. It does a good job, but not better than my good old Max Factor Pan Stik in the tube. I apply the pan stik lightly only where I need it over moisturized skin and blend. The two products look about the same after application. Neither one lasts all day without drying out or disappearing somewhat. So they perform equally well, but the SKII air touch is so much more expensive. Not worth the extra $$$$.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by serpentina22

YES! I found my HG!!! (it better be for the price!) I purchased color BE2 from a Japanese company on Ebay who I HIGHLY recommend. User name: japanbeautyproduct For $99 and reasonable shipping, I also received a free hand lotion and hair wax (both good quality) but the best part is, I received the package in 3 days from the payment date. 3 DAYS!!! Can't beat that. Any ways, back to the foundation. I watched the instructional video on youtube and the whole set up was easy as pie. The application process was even easier. I was so eager when the package came that I tried the product over my existing foundation. It looked really cakey. So I washed my face and applied over a clean and primed face (NARS primer) and OH. MY. GOD. The results are amazing!! It didn't look like much at first but as the foundation "fit" to my skin and dried, it transformed my skin to the airbrushed look. It really looks as though I'm not wearing any make up, just my natural skin but better. Like supple baby's skin which is a big deal at my age. It does not however cover blemishes so a concealer is needed prior to the foundation. I used about a 45-second coverage and no slippage or seperating throughout the day. Then I used a bit of my MAC blot powder since it is a dewy finish and I prefer a more matte look. I'm still getting used to looking like I'm not wearing any make up, but it does look waaaaaay better than my usual medium to full coverage foundation (I was using Vincent Longo's Healthy Fluid Foundation) were I looked like I was wearing make up which I think made me look older. With this, not only does it look but it also feels like I'm not wearing any make up. Very little touch ups throughout the day. My coloring is about an NC25 and the BE2 is slightly too yellow but nothing a blush can't fix. I will try either the OB2 or OP3 next time. I'm absolutely thrilled and although pricey, it's really the initial cost that is scary, the refills at $80 for a 2 pack is not bad at all. To me, it's worth every penny. I hope they never discontinue this, a truly revolutionary product!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2008 More reviews by allyclare

I thought this foundation made me look rather pale and slightly yellowy, i purchased late last year OP3, it also made my facial hair (i hardly have any) stand out. If you want to look like a doll than this foundation is good for you but It does not make your skin look naturally perfect, my current body shop moisture foundation is the only foundation i have come across that makes my skin look naturally perfect (well near perfect). I have had people say to me 'you have perfect skin', my skin is far far far from perfect, i just tell them 'it's foundation' and then they want to buy it. The problem with the SKII foundation is that is takes a long time to dry, it has no staying power and i don't usually put foundation sooo close to my lip, but this is unavoidable with this type of spray on application. I really wanted to like this foundation as the whole idea is rather cool, but it was a big waste of money. I will not throw this out just yet, as it was very expensive. The major problem with this foundation brand and any foundation is the limited colours, i have only ever found one foundation to be a perfect match (see before Body Shop Moisture Foundation).
By the way i think Lauren Conrad from the Hills wears this foundation. I can tell because even though she does not have much facial hair, you can see it the foundation sitting on the hairs above her top lip. Although the foundation blends well everywhere else and makes her skin look alright, you can tell she is wearing it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No