Avon Smooth Mineral Make-up

3.3

MICA TITANIUM DIOXIDE SILICA CALCIUM PCA ZINC PCA SACCHAROMYCES/COPPER FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/MAGNESIUM FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/ZINC FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/MALACHITE FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/TOURMALINE FERMENT KAOLIN LAURYL PCA SODIUM PCA LECITHIN RETINYL PALMITATE SODIUM CHONDROITIN SULFATE TOCOPHEROL SODIUM HYALURONATE ASCORBYL PALMITATE ATELOCOLLAGEN BETA-CAROTENE TREHALOSE POLYQUATERNIUM-51 PHENYL TRIMETHICONE UREA C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE METHYLPARABEN IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA PROPYLPARABEN MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE/CI 77163

on 12/12/2009 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is CRAPPY...save your money and buy the Ideal shade mineral fdoundation from avon,now thats good stuff:)

on 12/10/2009 9:18:00 PM

The first time Avon had their go at the mineral makeup, it wasn't good at all, I hated it! This reformulation (released in September 09) is much better! You do get quite a lot of product for the price, with a nice shade range. It's a bit more sheer than the Bare Minerals, but because it blends well, you can build the coverage to an extent. I use this as my mineral makeup in my facial room and haven't had any complaints as of yet. The mineral concealer works well too (and has 6 shades to choose from!), as well as the blushes/glows. I do not however like the kabuki brush or concealer brush that come in the kits. I only took a lippie away because I do prefer a more full coverage on myself, and therefore use the Bare Minerals for my personal use.

on 11/12/2009 6:55:00 PM

I had used Bare Minerals for a few years when I tried this and I was very impressed with Avon's mineral makeup. It covers good for me but I don't need a lot of coverage. It stays all day and doesn't turn orange or settle in lines. I have repurchased it and will continue to use this as a staple foundation.

Update: I had quit using this for a while but decided to order one for the summer when I didn't want to put liquid foundation on. Also, I heard the formula had changed so I wanted to see how it is now. Well, I'm in love with this stuff! It gives a good coverage that looks natural and a dewey look. I would normally go for a matte look but I'm loving the dewey look that reflects light in all the right places. It looks very natural. I ordered it in the shade "pure beige" which is just a bit darker than my skin tone (and I'm VERY tan) so beware of that, but I love this shade on me. I do not need bronzer at all. Since receiving this, I haven't touched my liquid foundations.

on 11/12/2009 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

After all the comments that this MMU goes on dark, I ordered the ivory shade.
I am torn in writing a review for this, because on one hand it does have lovely coverage and the ivory is a beautiful "china doll" shade which matches the skin on my neck perfectly and covers the significant rosacea and melasma discoloration on my face. You can easily get full coverage with this makeup.
On the other hand, it's tricky to apply compared to other mineral makeups. It tends to cake and look obvious if you overstep the invisible line of "this is too much on my brush" and it is impossible to buff it out or fix it.
I've found this wears much better with a primer.

Good points: you get a LOT in the jar compared to other brands. The ivory shade at least ISN'T very glittery, it is very matte. It wore very well all day even in 36C temperature. The jar is very sturdy and large enough to swirl your brush in the lid.

Bad points: very easy to screw up application, needs a much lighter hand than most MMU. The shade range is small. Only 10 SPF.

on 10/14/2009 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Horrible stuff! Yes it doesnt contail Talc and oil but contains BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE which as you know, Lead based. Their colors go really dark and has an Orange tint. What amazes me the most is the amount of glitter in this product. It will make your face look like a disco ball in the sun. Orange + Glitter do not go well on anyones face.

Although the colour I bought was too light I still found that this was a lovely mineral foundation that provided lovely coverage, didnt feel too heavy and lasted all day. A good pricetag considering the price of some other mineral foundations on the market which do the same job

on 10/6/2009 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this product. The new formula is amazing. Leaves skin soft and provides buildable coverage.

on 10/3/2009 12:52:00 AM

First let me say that this product line has been reformulated three times. The latest release came in September 2009. I ordered the "Light" starter kit because i'm as pale as you can get. Two of the foundation shades were to dark for me, not by far but still. So for that I was disappointed. However, I was able to use the lightest shade and the blush and I LOVE them. I'm with the other reviews that say that the older formula was horrible but I love what they've done with this line. Love love love it.

on 10/3/2009 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product SUCKS! It did a CRAPTASTIC job on coverage and after only an hour or two of wearing this, the make-up was LITERALLY melting off my face and I have oil-control issues. The texture of it just feels plain weird, so... HELL-TO-THE-NO for this product!!!

on 8/1/2009 5:39:00 PM

This is by far the best mineral makeup I have tried (and I have tried many of them). My sister just purchased the bareMinerals starter kit for $60 and I purchased the Avon Smooth Minerals in the colors Nude and Bronze ($15 for both). I also have the Avon kabuki brush. After trying both brands, the Avon brand has much better coverage, and the finish is absolutely flawless. The bareMinerals is more drying and doesn't cover blemishes the way that Avon's does. bareMinerals seems more like an expensive bronzer. I am actually surprised by the mixed reviews on this product. But my sister is a makeup artist and she says that many people have difficulty applying mineral makeup in general, so it often gets a bad reputation. However, I found Avon's Smooth Mineral makeup to be extremely easy to apply, with a very natural appearance that lasted all day. One tip that I have for applying any mineral makeup is to tap the kabuki brush, apply in a circular motion lightly and then build coverage as needed. I highly recommend this makeup, in both a foundation color and a bronzer or blush color. It leaves my skin flawless and naturally glowing! another exceptional product from Avon!!