August 1, 2014 | 1830 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by frezgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

horrible. its thick and chunky and the line looks like a tire after an hour or so, especially on top of eyeshadow.. i returned it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by teti42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had to change my review, because i found a GREAT use for this eyeliner: in the waterline... The result is perfect, reaally beautiful, and so easy to apply! BUT i don't know if it's safe, honestly I don't think so... so i'd never use it daily, only for special ocasions. This part of the eye is very sensitive, so be careful when applying it, try to stay as far as possible from the eye itself. Still i don't think is a good choice for the upper lash line because it's a bit too thick for me... i have to admit, though, the result is wonderful if you know what you're doing.

(sorry for any grammar mistakes, english isn't my native language).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by fromskyline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my HG, #1 eyeliner. It doesn't flake or peel (when applied correctly) nor dry shiny (LOVE that it dries matte - no light bouncing when taking photos), and dries black (none of this dark-gray business). MY ULTIMATE EYELINER.
But because the formulation is perfect, I am able to pinpoint what makes it imperfect.
1) The brush. I prefer those foam pen tips - easier to control, but I get around this by using a separate eyelining brush.
2) the liquid liner itself is THICK, highly viscous. You definitely need to use a separate eyelining brush to help spread the liquid liner properly, or else it'll be too thick on your eyelid and smear from being unable to dry and will flake later from being too thick. I like to just dot the liquid in the shape I want and then use a separate brush to even it out.
3) Incredibly waterproof, to the point where if you're not using it on a day you REALLY need to use it (like it's a 90F+ day, or you just have really oily eyelids), it'll dry out your eyelids later when you need to take it off. Just use an oil-based makeup remover at the end of the day.

...that's it.

:EDIT:
Crap. :[ At one point it flaked and just glued itself completely to my contact lens. I could feel it and it began to obstruct my vision. Wahhh... bye bye Liquidlast... you were just a short-lived crush...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by lolacain

AMAZING. I wore this at a waterpark and it stayed on perfect. I"m amazed at the quality. I do agree, it's not my favorite brush, and it's thick. But with some patience, it's got the most incredible staying power hands down.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by tawniethetiger

First of all Point Black is NOT being discontinued, just all the other colors.

Now on to the review...I bought this to wear to Coachella because I knew I would need long lasting, sweat proof makeup. I tried it out today and it went on nicely. It dried a little shiny for my liking but that's okay. About 20 minutes after I applied it (so it was TOTALLY dry), I went to curl my lashes and when I went to pull the curler away...it was STUCK to my eyelid!! I slowly pulled the curler away and with it came most of the eye liner. It just peeled right off. Thinking it might be a fluke I curled my other eye and oops...same problem. Peeled the liner right off my eye.

So I dunno...if you don't curl your lashes maybe this could work for you but yeah...its not gonna work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Luscious1104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! This eyeline is serious stuff! I have super, duper oily lids and everything would run on me, BUT once I discovered this eyeliner, I was amazed! This bad boy is not moving, smearing or fading! I probably shouldn't admit this but: I am guilty of sleeping w/my makeup once in a while and this liner looks just as good as when I applied it the day before, lol. AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by cerieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This eyeliner really, really doesn't go anywhere. I've swam in chlorinated water wearing it, been in a sauna wearing it, had showers wearing it, and worked long days wearing it. It doesn't smudge or run or come off at all.

The catch is that if you don't use an oil-based cleanser or remover it's extremely difficult to remove. With Shu Uemura's Skin Purifier oil cleansers it comes off like a dream with just your fingertips, however.

The brush in the tube is really easy to use while the product is fresh, and just the right length to do thick or thin lines with relative ease.

My main gripe with this liner, however, is that if you don't use it all quickly it becomes very thick and stretchy like glue, and this makes it extremely hard to apply. I've had a couple of tubes of this (I always repurchased because it stayed on so well) but every time the same thing happened and I ended up throwing it away before I'd used it all up.

I recently discovered Estée Lauder's Double Wear Zero Smudge eyeliner and it's wetter when you apply it so it's much easier to do wings and fine lines. It doesn't stay on the inner corners of my eyes quite as well, though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by LilBubLea

I love this product! Best staying eyeliner that I have ever used. I have monolids and it's been hard to find a good eyeliner that doesn't rub and this is just fantastic.

It is sure to last all day. I can rub my eyes and even sleep in it and it won't come off. Some people say its hard to take off but after about 10-12 hours wear it comes off easy using wipes or make up remover, it's just hard to take off if you have only been wearing it for a couple of hours.

The brush could be better, I prefer to use a fine tipped brush but I don't ever really have any problems with it. If anything it just requires and extra minute to apply. It's a shame I only discovered it after the variation of colours were discontinued.

Overall, it's worth every penny :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by wildswan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

*** UPDATED ***
MAC has changed this product slightly, and although I will continue to use it, the quality has definitely gone down. The product does not last as long as it used to and becomes crumbly by the end of the day. The applicator brush is HORRIBLE now.. really cheap, the brush is bristly and pokes my skin. So disappointing.

==========================
This is my HG. My cousin who used to be a model recommended it to me and I've been so happy ever since!! Eyeliners always smudge and give me raccoon eyes, even the waterproof ones, all except this one! I wish the brush was easier to use, but it's worth it for me. I can wear this all day and night and it doesn't fade. If I sleep with it on, it will start to wear off by the 2nd day, but it sure does go a long way if you want it to.

You have to use a really good eye make up remover though, I currently use Almay Moisturizing pads.. they leave an oily residue, but they clean it off really well and are gentle on my eyes. I'm still looking for a better waterproof eye makeup remover though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

This is being discontinued. I have it in black and a dark forest green color (forget name) i bought a few years ago. The brush is not my favorite with liquid liner, but i do not have a problem using it, i use liquid often so its not a problem. You can always use a separate eyeliner brush and swipe off the brush to line eyes. No eyeliner will ever last as long as this eyeliner, its insane, as if freshly applied 10 + hours later. Will definitely take you through a work day or a wedding. In stores, they only have black left , on ebay, other colors are going for more than double the normal price $19 U.S