January 29, 2015 | 1713 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 188 Small Duo Fibre Face brush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Shoppingisasport

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is one of my MAC brushes that I don't even realize how much I use it but I wouldn't be able to live without. I use it to even out any uneven spots on my face when I put on my foundation. Then I use it to put on just the right amount of blush. FINALLY I use it with my setting powder (which I don't use everyday but pretty often). It also works good for bronzer and a few times I have used it for foundation and it works wonderfully for that too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Strokes95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE IT! i love the fact that i can use it for foundation, powder, bronzer, blush, creme blush, its just amazing! i wish it was the first brush i ever bought as it has SO MANY purposes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use my Kent liquid foundation brush No.8 for about 5 years, somehow the quality is still perfect, almost as new. However the coverage seemed little too much, especially with Revlon Colorstay that I use every day. Therefore I decided to buy an air brush instead and MAC brush No.188 seemed good.. but expensive ($34). I wish I could say I love it but I think it could have been little bigger. Its easy to apply and the coverage was very natural looking but little too less so I'm gonna go back to my Kent brush.
Update: I start liking this brush. I got samples of NARS foundation which is really sheer (unlike Revlon Colorstay) and this brush seems to be perfect. Still, its shedding a lot, so I would say Mac brush does not have a very good quality so I might look for something cheaper and fuller. I also discoverd something strange.. my 188 brush was always styained from Revlon foundation but just once using it with Nars.. and it washes out perfectly, snow white. I do not understand the logic but really.. if your brush is stained, try Nars foundation. Funny but works for me every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by jennaxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is what my makeup life has been missing. Hallelujah! This brush is an angel. My cheek look is always a pop of bubblegum pink on the apples of cheeks. I've used the Too Faced mini kabuki, and the Bobbi Brown Blush brush. Too Faced applied uneven and the Bobbi one was too huge and made the whole side of my face pink if I wasn't extremely careful! This MAC 188 omg I can't even explain it. I bought it with Pink Swoon and it's truly looks like as I apply it, the colour is appearing from inside my face ha! Like my cheeks are being lit up. I feel like I'm totally in control and can't possibly mess up! It's truly amazing and fool proof. I also hear it's wonderful for blending liquid foundation but I only use minerals so I'll be sticking to applying pink blush with it. If that's the look you go for, GET THIS BRUSH!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a MAC make up artist use the 188 on me years ago to apply a cheek contour color and Iíve been smitten with this brush since.
The 188 is the thinner smaller version of the famously loved 187. So as you can imagine, it can be fairly indispensible for those of us who rely on a heavy hand when applying our face powders. I love using this brush to apply my cheek hollow contour, and at my temples, my jaw Ė perfect precision for those smaller areas, but still a diffused color I can build up.
I havenít noticed any massive shedding or deterioration in the brush construction itself, so A+ in that regards too. Iíve seriously had this brush for over four years now (I think?) and itís still going strong!
Love this brush, totally worth the price for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After purchasing this brush at the MAC counter at Nordies and absilutely loving it. I have bought several of them as gift on e-bay for a fraction of the cost and never been disapointed. Everyone that I have given the to fall in love with them to. They are just the perfect tool to apply foundation of just about any kind.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by xosugar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this brush is totally overpriced and not a necessity at all. I got it because I wanted to use it for cheekbone highlights and bright blushes but it's average for both of those purposes and I could easily find a much cheaper dupe.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by zaramemon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

*****Amount of time trying it out*****
5 weeks.
***** First impressions *****
Dense at the bottom, sparse on the top, like your typical skunk brush, its very small!
*****After wash******
I dont know what happened, i take such good care of all my MAC brushes and they have lasted me ages, but this one i must have rushed as it is completely ruined! I suppose i can buy a new one in a few months but i dont want to, as it was so recently i bought it:'(
***** Uses ******
- Cremeblend Blush
Perfect Perfect PERFECT! it was the best brush I have used for cream blush
- Foundation
It was really nice before it was destroyed
- Highlight
It worked nicley and stippled in the highlight amazingly!.
***** Cons *****
None
*****Tips*****
Dont be put off that mine was ruined, it was my fault i think!
*****Would I buy again****
Yes, I'll have too.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by smoothtalkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as a foundation brush. The black bristles are often left behind in my foundation, even after being washed. I don't like this brush, hardly use it and wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by ilovelagerfeld

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this brush. l-o-v-e. It was worth the price. No shedding whatsoever, super soft and sturdy and easy to use. I chose this over the larger one because it is big enough to distribute my foundation quickl and evenly, but small enough to get under my eyes and around my nose, or apply more product to a smaller spot without blanketing the whole area. This is what I was expecting for the price.