July 31, 2014 | 1666 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 188 Small Duo Fibre Face brush

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by xosugar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this brush is totally overpriced and not a necessity at all. I got it because I wanted to use it for cheekbone highlights and bright blushes but it's average for both of those purposes and I could easily find a much cheaper dupe.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by zaramemon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

*****Amount of time trying it out*****
5 weeks.
***** First impressions *****
Dense at the bottom, sparse on the top, like your typical skunk brush, its very small!
*****After wash******
I dont know what happened, i take such good care of all my MAC brushes and they have lasted me ages, but this one i must have rushed as it is completely ruined! I suppose i can buy a new one in a few months but i dont want to, as it was so recently i bought it:'(
***** Uses ******
- Cremeblend Blush
Perfect Perfect PERFECT! it was the best brush I have used for cream blush
- Foundation
It was really nice before it was destroyed
- Highlight
It worked nicley and stippled in the highlight amazingly!.
***** Cons *****
None
*****Tips*****
Dont be put off that mine was ruined, it was my fault i think!
*****Would I buy again****
Yes, I'll have too.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by smoothtalkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as a foundation brush. The black bristles are often left behind in my foundation, even after being washed. I don't like this brush, hardly use it and wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by ilovelagerfeld

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this brush. l-o-v-e. It was worth the price. No shedding whatsoever, super soft and sturdy and easy to use. I chose this over the larger one because it is big enough to distribute my foundation quickl and evenly, but small enough to get under my eyes and around my nose, or apply more product to a smaller spot without blanketing the whole area. This is what I was expecting for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by gleenina

Pros:
soft
Applies blush well
Cons:
none

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by ConfessionsOfAMakeupHolic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love this brush! its defenetly my go to brush, coz you can apply and blend everything with this. this is amazing for applying/blending liquid/cream foundation, powder/cream blush, highlighter, concealer and pretty much every single face product. when im in a hurry, i just grab this brush and stipple my foundation on and when im done with that i blend it in with a sircular emotion. i know it is a stippling brush, but this makes the foundation look more blended. then i apply my concealer and agen buff it into my skin and just stipple littlebit blush on my cheeks and im ready to go :) theres also a bigger version of this brush wich is the famous 187. its larger you can apply your foundation faster with this, but 188 is much better when it comes for your undereye area etc. this fits in a small area on your face without messing your hair with foundation or something like that. i got this at christmas and its my second MAC brush. this is a totally must have brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

At first, I was doubtful that this brush would deliver because of its tiny size. But trust me, good things come in small packages. I used this with my NARS Deep Throat blush and was surprised at how flawlessly it went on. I buffed it in and my skin just glowed. I'm excited to use it with cream blush and foundation as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This must go down as one of the world's greatest inventions. I've always loved the contouring and highlighting effects blush and bronzer give to a face washed out by foundation. However, I've never been able to achieve the art of application. I always end up with dolly cheeks or dirt on my face. That is until I splurged on the MAC brushes and got my hands on the 188. I swear that this brush is a turning point in my life. I used to believe the BIGGER the brush head, the better the blush application. I've never been more wrong. The 188 brush head is small, but the bristles are amazingly soft! It picks up the tiniest amount of powder, but it's just enough for my needs. It's perfect for stippling on blush in all the right places, and is especially good for really pigmented ones, such as my baby, Beneft Thrrrob. I absolutely love how I can get an ethereal, translucent effect with very little wrist work. The only downside was that the first time I used it, some of the bristles were beginning to shed and that put me off quite a bit given that it was a BRAND NEW brush. However, the shedding has never happened since so I'm really very happy. Now I'm just paranoid about staining the white tips of the bristles. I want them to stay snowy white forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by amberterri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this brush. i use it to apply concealer, blush and even powder! The brush is super soft so it blends the make up nicely. I marked it down because of the price - 23! I think the price is through the roof seeing as i got the short handle version to fit into my makeup case easier. However i know mac brushes are pricey and hopefully this one will last a good year or two. If you want light/medium coverage then this brush is for you. It isn't dense so it applies less product. Overall a lovely brush i do not regret buying :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't like this brush. I really tried to like it and I used it many times before I wrote this review, and yes, I do know how to use it correctly. It's flimsy and the bristles are sparse. I bought it to use my foundation. It streaks and takes forever to put on my foundation. I have the 187 which I love way better than this. I should have gotten the 130 as it's more dense. I also tried it with highlighter and blush, but it is just too light and flimsy and hardly picks up any product. To me this was a waste of money. I don't like to lower the ratings as I love MAC brushes in general, but this one is not a winner.