September 15, 2014 | 1792 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Luminous Moisturizing Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by chaosgreeneyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It just saved my skin this winter. It magically covers flaky skin and red spots but still looks very natural and leaves dewy, but not greasy finish. Very economical to use, I've been using it since November and it's still 3/4 full.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by homewithjacob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation for my dry skin. It has a nice yellow undertone which brings down the red undertones in my skin.
I wish this foundation had a pump, but other than that it is a winner.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree wutg the poor reviews on MUA. I have very pale skin and it is dry. 90% of the foundations on the market are too dry and/or too dark. When I discovered this product I was soooo happy. It is not perfect (the lasting power is not great, it disappears after few hours and the coverage is non -existent), but the colour is perfect (porcelain) and it does not dry out my skin. It is easy to blend with fingers and leaves my skin happy.It does not look cakey AT ALL. I do not need too much cover, but I do not like tinted moisturises (I find them useless). I would prefer a pump and the packaging is not the best (it is not easy to get the right amount of product). This product looks very natural. It does not have SPF and smells odd (luckily the smell disapperas quickly). However, it is lighter than a TM: on the useless sideafter a couple of hours.

Overall I am happy with this foundation as it does the trick: right colour, right texture and not ridicolously expensive. Much better than Chanel (the colours are horrible and the product is overpriced) and GA (far too expensive for what you get) and the texture is perfect for my dry skin. No SPF? I use a day cream with SPF in it. In the evening I do not need SPF anyway. I would recommend this foundation to pal gals with dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this & was excited because i liked the Skin foundation a lot & i figured this would moisturize my skin & give it a glow (since it says luminous) but it didn't do either. Actually it feels pretty dry on my skin & doesn't cover anything. I'll stick with Skin.

Note, the coverage is very similar to Maybelline's new Fit Me foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by ClaireLou29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

i adore this foundation even after 2 uses! ive been searching for the perfect dewy foundation that provides good coverage. and yes this probably is too dewy for some but i layer it with mac msf natural and my skin looks flawless. im using warm sand and its perfect match for me. ive knocked one star off tho cause it needs a pump and also maybe a little more product for the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by CarrieNations

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up in "Beige" at my local CCO without reading any reviews in advance, and I'm so glad I did. Most recently I'd been wearing Christian Dior Nude Glow liquid foundation, which I love, but Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation gives me more of what I need; yellower tone, better blending, more moisturizing for my dryish skin, heavier coverage (I'd say Dior Nude Glow was somewhere between light/sheer-medium coverage, whereas this one is a solid medium coverage that you can build all the way to heavy). The finish is very glowy, very dewy, just flattering all around. Layers well with MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural. I actually like this better than Dior's Capture Total as well, which is more expensive; I find this one to be more natural on the skin. The closest point of comparison I can make is to Chanel's Vitalumiere--another moisturizing, dewy-finish foundation, but ultimately I think Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing foundation sinks in and wears better for practical use.

I've been wearing it for just over a week and so far it's nearing HG status, but I'm giving it a 4 out of 5 because I do think the foundation can sit a little heavy on the skin and feel a little tacky to the touch. But nothing a little powder touch-up won't fix. And the glowing finish is worth it. All in all, one of the best I've ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by LNA116

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this foundation, it's super glowy.
I'm jus a bit sorry about the shades, not large enouth, but i love lové it anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by red77tube

I've used this foundation for a while and think it's a great product. My only complaint is the colour is not an ideal match. I use 'Porcelain' which is the second lightest after 'Alabaster'. I went with Porcelain as it had more yellow tones in it (which I need for my skin) whereas Alabaster looked to be more pink-toned.

CONSISTENCY: Average fluidity of most liquid foundations

COVERAGE: Illuminous Moisturizing Foundation provides a medium coverage that is buildable. It looks rather natural on the skin and doesn't leave you with a heavy foundation look. It also provides an ever-so-slightly dewy finish, it's no where close to Matt. Thanks to its moisturizing properties, this foundation is forgiving to any slight dry patches you may have.

STAYING POWER: It's staying power is probably average (8 hours) or slightly above average. When going straight from work to dinner /an evening out, you could certainly go from work to an evening out and not have to worry to much about this foundation, though some powdering at some point is necessary to fill in any of the wear & tear signs. I've never had a foundation that looked perfect at the end of night after it's bee on my face ALL DAY, so I think Bobbie Brown has a pretty decent staying power. Also, I tend not to wear primer every single time, so it may have slightly longer wearability if that step is taken.

PACKAGING: Your run-of-the-mill glass bottle with a screw top and no pump.

PRICE: £29 for 30 ML

CONS: Despite Bobbie Brown's claim to fame being yellow-based foundations, I could do with much more yellow in their formula. The shade I use is Porcelain and I find that I need to correct the colour with a yellow powder.

OVERALL: I'd recommend this foundation. It's easy to apply, looks good using just your fingertips, applies evenly, does not leave a streaky finish and is forgiving if you have slight dry patches on occasion. If you have a bit more dryness or flakiness than normal (say after a sunburn), I find that this foundation will show that (no surprise there of course!) but that after an hour or so, the foundation tends to smooth things out and the flakiness that was initially revealed or emphasised almost goes away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have normal skin, but this made my face feel oily after a few hours. This is not a problem I usually have to contend with. It gave my skin a healthy glow and it did not clog my pores. The color I used was Sand, which I think was one shade too light. I believe Warm Sand would match perfectly. For reference, I use Bare Minerals in Medium Beige and Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation in Sunny Beige. Overall, I just did not like how oily I felt when I touched my face throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by hxcvibes21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

At first when i bought this foundation i wasnt using great skincare and it didnt look that good on my skin. But since i sorted my skincare out i've absolutely been loving this foundation. It smells fantastic and has a really good coverage. It it quite expensive though. I use my MAC mineralize skinfinish over the top of it and my face looks flawless!