July 31, 2014 | 1975 users online

Skincare - Face - Avon - Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 2:33:00 AM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So, I'm not sure if mine were dipped in battery acid or something but this was way too harsh on my skin. I guess if I ever needed confirmation that I have sensitive skin...this was it. It gave me little red rash bumps all on my chin, and on either side of my nose on my cheeks. I rarely get pimples and just wanted something to "rejuvinate" a little. This was not it! The bumps were SO itchy and drove me crazy for days...I think I'll give this away and stick to more gentler products...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by theurbanhippie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the ANEW Clinical line. The treatments work much better than the ANEW daily skincare for me.

This stuff is like Stridex Pads for adults. It works immediately, and I noticed smaller pores and smoothness immediately with no mess. There's no smell, either, which I like even better. Once this dries, I like to use the ANEW Clinical Derma-Full Cream over it.

Buy it cheap off eBay or when it's on sale - there's no need to pay full price, and the full container lasts a good while even if you use it every other night. Paired with the ANEW Advanced Clinical Dermabrasion System, I don't need to see the dermatologist anymore for monthly peels to deal with the clogged pores in my t-zone area.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 10:31:00 AM More reviews by ArmyBrat

I am not super loyal to a lot of skincare products. I am always looking for something better. This peel is "something better"! This peel is one product that can usually ALWAYS be found on my vanity. I buy this peel every 90 days. I use it every other day, so that's adds up to 2 months using the peel & then 1 month without. I look at the 30-day "break" as a resting period for my complexion. When I am starting a new container of these pads, I use it at night and when I get up the next morning & look in the mirror, my dull skin is GONE and my skintone is much more even. I don't realize how dull & drabby my skin can get in 30 days but the morning after I use this after one of my "breaks", my skintone looks remarkable.
I am in my early 30's and even though I haven't sunbathed in 8-9 years, my sun-bathing days of long ago have resulted in some minor sun/brown spots just in the past 24 months. They are nothing extreme and someone else has to look very close to see them, but they bug the heck out of me!
I am certain that if I didn't use this peel, the spots would be MUCH more obvious.
This formula not only addresses age spots, but it makes my pores much smaller & gets rid of all the dead skin & skin cells that just lie around on our face, dulling our complexion & causing our skin to look drab & "blah".
Another reason why it's important to use a peel like this is because we go out & spend HUNDREDS of dollars on high end creams, serums & targeted treatments. If we use a peel and get rid of all that dead skin & build-up, those pricey potions are going to be MUCH more effective as they will really "sink" in to the skin compared to applying the formulas over top of all that dead skin/build-up.
I LOVE that the peel feels comfortable (expect a little minor tingling when you first use the peel, but for me it lasted only for 2-3 minutes & after the 2nd or 3rd time I used it, I didn't feel it at all!)
Also, how much more convenient could this be? Just wiping a pad over my face every other night? I have tried other home peels & it took me 10 minutes just to read how to mix this & that. And the results weren't near as good as the results I get with this one.
The price is totally worth it when purchased at the regular price of $25.00, but I have bought this on sale out of the AVON brochure for $15.00 or often, they will have a "Buy One, Get One for $5.00" CLINICAL sale.
**TIP**I do recommend taking BEFORE/AFTER photos when you use this peel, because after the 60-day period, the results are comparable to a 35% peel and since this is a gradual change rather than all at one time in a doctor's office, it may be easy to not appreciate how much it's helped your skin, since we do see ourselves in the mirror daily.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 8:10:00 AM More reviews by lawrencecyn

Over the last 8-10 months, I have greatly reduced the amount of products used on my skin...with pretty good results. However, just recently (as I lost my summer tan), I noticed my skin was really dull and I had brown spots on my face (cheeks). I have been using these pads about every 3 days for the last 2 weeks and my skin is amazingly radiant and the brown spots are really clearing!!! I had no idea it would help with the spots!! I can't believe how even my skin tone is! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 12:04:00 PM More reviews by modernnomad

Awesome. Simply Awesome. Keeps my skin smooth and baby soft, I use these a couple nights a week before bedtime... really makes a difference in the overall tone and texture of my skin. I really notice a difference in feel and brightness if I don't use these for a week or two! These do sting, but that's how you know it's working. :) Remember to use sunscreen too - these will make you more vulnerable to sun damage, that's how well they work!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by muhpishoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Made me break out!!! I just needed something that would make my past acne scars less noticeable, so after researching and seeing many great reviews I bought this. This is the third time I've used it, and I have followed all the directions such as using it every other day, but tonight I noticed break outs all over my face and even small bumps on my forehead. I may be over exfoliating, not sure, but will only stick to using this once or maybe twice a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using these very faithfully for about 5 years or so. Maybe thats why people tell me I look like I'm 22 when I'm 27. Helps with post acne spots, lines and texture. People always want to touch my face because they say it looks so smooth. And it is! Love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 6:55:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had been using the Peter Thomas Roth peel pads-those were a lot more ($40.00 compared to $15.00 for Avon) and those I was pleased with-those you used and then rinsed your face- with these you don't rinse- so the AHA's have a chance to really do something.
I was worried that my skin would become irritated, these do sting a little, but once I put my moisturizer over top it soothes my skin.
I have noticed a good improvement in my skin- the sun spots are fading quite a lot and my pores are diminished. I have been using this nightly only for about 2 weeks. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by HaLo1019

Let me start our by saying at the beginning of the summer I started taking YAZ and broke out horribly on my jawline.I was at the dermatologist a couple times and even got the cysts injected with cortisone. After the 3rd month of YAZ, I stopped taking it and my acne has since subsided , a few clogged pores and little white heads that sometimes turn into cysts were left behind.(I think the yaz basically purged all of my pores) I ordered these Texturizing Peel Pads from my aunt, who is an avon rep. I had seen great reviews on this product on youtube. I would have to say that this product is my own personal spa treatment. I would also call this the product of ALL PRODUCTS! I love it. Mind you, I do not just sweep these pads over my face as directed, I press down and basically scrub my skin as gently as possibly with them. In spots where I have a deep small pimple or clogged pore, I press down hard and leave the pad there for a bit to get deep down. *Be careful doing this because you can burn layers of skin off . (which I have done to get deep into the skin and extract the gunk! ) Neosporin works if this does happen to you. After a couple of slight burns (because I got a little crazy with the pads) my skin is like BABY SKIN! It is like ths skin I had in 8th grade. Beautiful and pimple free. The tone is even and it is very healthy looking. I use the pads as needed. Sometimes , I may even chose to use the pads 3 days in a row and I have never experienced any kind of side effect from that. The directions say to use every other day. The only thing is , they are very ADDICTING! I recommend washing your face at night, dry , and then using the retexturizing peel pads before bed. I guarantee you will wake up to a glowing healthy complexion. LOVE THIS STUFF, WILL BUY AGAIN AND AGAIN! The only reason I did not give this product 5 stars is that is seems like it is a little slow at taking past red marks away. Other than that, it is a miracle worker. I feel that eventually the red marks will fade.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2009 12:04:00 PM More reviews by pyropaper

I'm really impressed with this product! I got it off ebay after watching a youtuber talk about it, and it really gives me results. I have oily skin and some acne problems, for ref. Please note, I don't use exfoliants normally (brown sugar scrub every few weeks, nothing more), so if you do, perhaps it won't do much.

First use: skin felt really smooth.

Second and third uses: still smoother skin, a bit of radiance too :)

This has made my acne scars fade so much!! I don't think exfoliating with small particles has ever done much for them, but this is fantastic. I seriously recommend trying this out if you have acne scarring. This stings in some areas, but my skin has gotten used it (minus one lippie). This feeling may have been exacerbated by my harsh acne treatment (I'm using AcneFree) but after the third use I didn't get any redness/heavy stinging. For 12 bucks, I'd say this is pretty dang good. I almost don't need makeup, and I can certainly skip the primer since my skin is so dang smooth.