Avon Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel

WATER/EAU, AMMONIUM GLYCOLATE, GLYCOLIC ACID, SD ALCOHOL 40-B, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL, GLYCERIN, CORALLINA OFFICINALIS EXTRACT, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM EXTRACT, LENTINUS EDODES EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED ULVA LACTUCA EXTRACT, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, ALGAE EXTRACT, CAMELLIA OLEIFERA LEAF EXTRACT, HONEY/MIEL, ANANAS SATIVUS (PINEAPPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, CARICA PAPAYA (PAPAYA) FRUIT EXTRACT, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, DISODIUM EDTA, BENZOPHENONE-4, BENZOPHENONE-9. 10/10/09

Like the last reviewer, I wanted to love this product. I used it faithfully per the instructions. And...nothing really happened. Maybe my pores are a tiny bit smaller, but I think that's more wishful thinking than anything else. This stuff did nothing for my fine lines. It wasn't too harsh, although I did have some tingling some of the time, but that faded quickly.

All in all, as far as I can tell, it's a great way to get your skin cleaner than you can get it with just a regular cleanser, but that's a lot of money for cleaning your face.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I REALLY wanted to love this product after seeing so many positive reviews-- and because my skin is a mess right now I feel 20 years older than I really am. But all this did was give me the worst breakout I've had in a year. The first time I used it it burned and my face became very red and I could see new pimples immediately. I thought maybe this was some sort of "purging" because I've never used glycolic acid before. Stupidly, I tried it again two days later and my skin has gotten worse. I didn't know my skin was sensitive before this, but I guess it is.

So eople with sensitive skin beware! I'm so annoyed that I wasted $20 on this product. I'm sticking to natural products from now on.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Be careful with these if you have sensitive skin like mine. They sting like crazy every single time, and they do not get "desensitized" to it like I've heard, and I used to use them about twice a week. When my skin reacted badly to a sample scrub I got, this will make things worse and actually prevented my skin from healing. That said, these pads are wonderful for revealing the soft, smooth skin underneath. I always love the feel of it afterwards. I stopped using it for now as it is very harsh (they never say what's the glycolic acid concentration in there) and prefer to use a soft wash cloth and diligently clean my face with that every day. The effects are the same to me, as I don't suffer from acne or other skin problems, save for oily skin. Don't think I'll repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have fair Asian skin with yellow undertones. It's oily and acne-prone. My acne has been under control for a while now, but I still have post-acne marks I wanted to get rid of. I bought this peel for this reason.

A little on the pricey side ($25 on the Avon website I think. I took one lippie off for that), but you can find this on eBay for much cheaper. I bought mine for $11.

When I first started using this, I thought the pads were pretty big and came with quite a bit of product, so I started cutting them in halves.

I apply it after cleansing. There's a bit of a "sting" to it, but nothing drastic. Some might notice slight redness after application but that should subside. I recommend waiting for it to dry on your face before you apply a moisturizer. I immediately noticed that my face felt smoother to the touch afterwards. I usually use a toner after cleansing, but when it's time to use this, I use it in place of the toner every other night.

I've only been using this product for about a month, but I definitely notice a difference. My skin tone and texture appear more even and smoother. It hasn't created any new acne either, which is always a plus.

People with particularly sensitive skin may find this a little irritating. The label recommends using it every other day/night, but you can always cut it back to only a couple of times a week.

So, if you're looking to even out your skin tone and lighten your acne scarring, I would definitely recommend this. I haven't used this to treat any existing acne, so I can't say for sure if this would help clear you up or exacerbate existing pimples. But yeah, so far so good!

I'll update again when I get halfway through the container.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using these for 5 years now, and they are an integral part of my skincare routine. If you have not tried the Anew skincare line by Avon you are missing out! I am not fond of their cosmetics or fragrances, but this retexturizer and the microexfoliant ROCK!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

These are my HG! Evens my skintone, makes pores shrink AND lightens my acne scars really fast! Amazed by this & have been using for 2 years. Love when these go on BOGO :)

So, I'm not sure if mine were dipped in battery acid or something but this was way too harsh on my skin. I guess if I ever needed confirmation that I have sensitive skin...this was it. It gave me little red rash bumps all on my chin, and on either side of my nose on my cheeks. I rarely get pimples and just wanted something to "rejuvinate" a little. This was not it! The bumps were SO itchy and drove me crazy for days...I think I'll give this away and stick to more gentler products...

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really like the ANEW Clinical line. The treatments work much better than the ANEW daily skincare for me.

This stuff is like Stridex Pads for adults. It works immediately, and I noticed smaller pores and smoothness immediately with no mess. There's no smell, either, which I like even better. Once this dries, I like to use the ANEW Clinical Derma-Full Cream over it.

Buy it cheap off eBay or when it's on sale - there's no need to pay full price, and the full container lasts a good while even if you use it every other night. Paired with the ANEW Advanced Clinical Dermabrasion System, I don't need to see the dermatologist anymore for monthly peels to deal with the clogged pores in my t-zone area.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am not super loyal to a lot of skincare products. I am always looking for something better. This peel is "something better"! This peel is one product that can usually ALWAYS be found on my vanity. I buy this peel every 90 days. I use it every other day, so that's adds up to 2 months using the peel & then 1 month without. I look at the 30-day "break" as a resting period for my complexion. When I am starting a new container of these pads, I use it at night and when I get up the next morning & look in the mirror, my dull skin is GONE and my skintone is much more even. I don't realize how dull & drabby my skin can get in 30 days but the morning after I use this after one of my "breaks", my skintone looks remarkable.
I am in my early 30's and even though I haven't sunbathed in 8-9 years, my sun-bathing days of long ago have resulted in some minor sun/brown spots just in the past 24 months. They are nothing extreme and someone else has to look very close to see them, but they bug the heck out of me!
I am certain that if I didn't use this peel, the spots would be MUCH more obvious.
This formula not only addresses age spots, but it makes my pores much smaller & gets rid of all the dead skin & skin cells that just lie around on our face, dulling our complexion & causing our skin to look drab & "blah".
Another reason why it's important to use a peel like this is because we go out & spend HUNDREDS of dollars on high end creams, serums & targeted treatments. If we use a peel and get rid of all that dead skin & build-up, those pricey potions are going to be MUCH more effective as they will really "sink" in to the skin compared to applying the formulas over top of all that dead skin/build-up.
I LOVE that the peel feels comfortable (expect a little minor tingling when you first use the peel, but for me it lasted only for 2-3 minutes & after the 2nd or 3rd time I used it, I didn't feel it at all!)
Also, how much more convenient could this be? Just wiping a pad over my face every other night? I have tried other home peels & it took me 10 minutes just to read how to mix this & that. And the results weren't near as good as the results I get with this one.
The price is totally worth it when purchased at the regular price of $25.00, but I have bought this on sale out of the AVON brochure for $15.00 or often, they will have a "Buy One, Get One for $5.00" CLINICAL sale.
**TIP**I do recommend taking BEFORE/AFTER photos when you use this peel, because after the 60-day period, the results are comparable to a 35% peel and since this is a gradual change rather than all at one time in a doctor's office, it may be easy to not appreciate how much it's helped your skin, since we do see ourselves in the mirror daily.

Over the last 8-10 months, I have greatly reduced the amount of products used on my skin...with pretty good results. However, just recently (as I lost my summer tan), I noticed my skin was really dull and I had brown spots on my face (cheeks). I have been using these pads about every 3 days for the last 2 weeks and my skin is amazingly radiant and the brown spots are really clearing!!! I had no idea it would help with the spots!! I can't believe how even my skin tone is! Love it!

Popular Face Skincare Products