October 30, 2014 | 1590 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Revlon - RV544 Tourmaline Ionic Hairdryer

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2007 2:40:00 PM More reviews by tloirs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this based on reviews here, but it just did not work well for me. It did dry my hair very fast, but that's because it blows so fast. Anyone's hair will dry fast if you're in a wind tunnel. And this thing sounds like a jet engine. It is incredibly loud. I can see where this might be great for someone with thick, hard to straighten hair, because it did straighten well. But it left my fine hair feeling course and damaged. I also tried the Conair tourmaline ceramic dryer (model 174TB), and like it much better. It's very quiet, has more heat and speed combinations, and the ions can be turned off, which is a plus for me because ions tend to make my fine hair very flat. The Revlon one is very cheap feeling, and the ion indicator light is gimmicky, since you can't turn the ions off anyway. I returned this Revlon dryer and will keep the Conair one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2007 9:59:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this hoping to find a dryer that was cheaper and work just as good. It last 2 weeks for me! Waste of money..I bought the Solia hairdryer instead and is only $65! well worth it since it has lasted me almost a year!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by gatinha321

I am so peeved I had to come here right away to rate this product. I have wavy to curly hair that's thinning and I have been wanting to try this dryer in the hopes it would cut my hair drying time. I don't want to spend too much time drying my hair, time I could be spending with my kids. It didn't reduce anything, including frizz. In fact, I think it took longer than usual because of the crappy diffuser. I hate having to buy separate diffusers for my hair dryer and thought this diffuser looked pretty decent. It's smaller than the one I use and had pointy-er prongs but I wanted to give it a try. Using this was almost as bad as scrunching my hair with torn fingernails. My hair is a frizzy mess :o( Not to mention that it really hurt like hell when I accidentally used too much force to bring this up against my scalp. I also felt like the low setting blew too hard which is crucial when you're diffusing curly hair. I'm so mad because I don't have time to redo my hair before work tomorrow. I'll keep it if my diffuser works with it, otherwise it's going back. It's pretty sad that my "pistol" style conair with 1600 watts and that I've had for a few years is a much better dryer than this turned out to be >:o[

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 12:21:00 PM More reviews by AngelbabyN89

I bought this dryer based on the reviews on here! (This site is really starting to become my buying guide because the reviews are ALWAYS right!)
I am currently in cosmetology school, and we use high end blow dryers on clients and each other. I typically round brush my hair with a huge cricket round brush as I dry it, and then I go over the frizzy parts with a straightener. It takes me about 35 minutes to do all of that when I use my hair dryer at home, and at school it takes about 25 minutes.
After I used this blow dryer on the hot setting, it took me 20 minutes to round brush my hair dry ( 5 minutes if I don't use the round brush) and my hair was so smooth that I didn't need to go over it with a straightener! My hair is smooth, shiny, soft, and just beautiful after I use this! I normally have naturally curly hair that gets fried after blow dries so I am very impressed! I got this on sale at walmart for 24.98 and it came with a diffuser and a concentrator, so it was a great deal!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2007 8:45:00 AM More reviews by karmarge

Count me in as another satisfied user of this hairdryer. My only regret was that my old dryer dropped dead and this one was not on sale at the same time but overall this haridryer is a gem. I love the power, ease of the rocker buttons and weight overall. Thanks MUA for another review that's right on the mark!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2007 2:52:00 PM More reviews by muddlepup

Actually the dryer I have is the new model RV644 Stylix. It is the model that is red and white (off-white).

My T3 blew and I needed another hair dryer fast. Pretty spoiled by the T3 but didn't really want to shell out the big bucks again. Came to MUA to check reviews and saw these for the RV544.

Couldn't find that model at my local Wal-Mart but they did have this. I believe this is the updated model of the aforementioned dryer.

For one who has owned the T3, this is a very, very comparable dryer. And can't beat the price. I believe I paid around $20-$25 for this model.

I won't purchase another T3, but I will most definately purchase another Revlon Tourmaline

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2007 6:35:00 AM More reviews by xanastazia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never written a review for any product even though I am a diehard MakeupAlley lover, but I have to say this hairdryer is so good that I had to thank the other MUA member's for recommending it- I never would have bought it otherwise!I have blonde, very dry, overprocessed hair (I'm a natural brunette!) and usually have to use a million products just to get my hair smooth and not frizzy! After using this hairdryer my hair is soft, shiny and looks like I just stepped out of a salon!! I can't believe how well this hairdryer works and for only $21 (on sale at Rite-Aid!) I cannot stop touching my hair and feeling how soft it is- and all from a hairdryer! Who would have thought?!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2007 6:44:00 PM More reviews by ShoppingMommy

I am in the minority here, but I am not impressed with this blow dryer and I wish I would have taken it back when I could.

I bought it based on the reviews here on MUA and because I needed a new dryer.

I have shoulder length very fine hair, so it doesn't take me a long time to dry, but my hair does have a tendency to get frizzy. With this dryer, I feel like my dry time has actually increased from my old Conair that died. The hot setting on this is cooler than the warm setting on my old dryer and maybe that is supposed to be better for your hair, but I like having the option of it begin hot.

Also, the low setting is still pretty high. I would like there to be a lighter one as I feel like it blows me away. And I do not feel like this gets my hair dry any faster.

It is also much louder than my old one.

The things that I have mentioned may be good for someone with thicker or longer hair, but for me, it is too cool and too powerful, even on the lowest setting. I am getting ready to order a Babyliss.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2007 6:14:00 PM More reviews by dafs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this hairdryer a few months ago and really liked it but a few days ago the low setting stopped working and there were some sparks so I brought it back to Ulta. I exchanged it for the same hairdryer since I liked it and I'm hoping that the same thing doesn't happen again.
**edited 3/31/08: I exchanged the one that stopped working about a year ago and have been using the new one since then & love it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2007 9:48:00 PM More reviews by BethB

This is a nice dryer, but it's no miracle. It's nicely lightweight and average in terms of noise. I found that it dried my hair 2-3 minutes faster, with no real difference in sleekness from my old Helen of Troy. I do like this dryer, and I'd recommend it if you're in the market for a new one, but no need to rush out and buy it otherwise.