October 23, 2014 | 1567 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - More Moisture Raspberry and Brazil Nut Shampoo [DISCONTINUED]

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by sugarrbebe1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a fan of Burt's Bees products, but I don't have a problem with the line either. I overnighted at a friend's house and forgot my shampoo. She had this in the guest bathroom. Funny thing is when I picked up the bottle, I was like "Oh hell - I don't really need more moisture..." Good thing, cause if I DID need it, this stuff most definitely wouldn't give it to me. My hair isn't difficult but this stuff just made it kind of ummmmm ICKY. It seemed sticky or something. I globbed a handful of conditioner on my hair and combed it thru, then rinsed VERY thoroughly. Afterwards, my hair was okay but I don't know what would have had I not used far more conditioner than I normall would have. I really can't recommend this stuff AT ALL.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2008 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Steel_Blue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Most Burt's Bees products I have used are wonderful. Their More Moisture Shampoo, unfortunately, is not.

My Hair: Long, wavy, medium thickness, and dry. I also have a sensitive scalp, prone to irritation. What I thought was dandruff, was actually irritation by harsh shampoos.

The Product: Unfortunately, this shampoo is very sticky. It completely tangles my hair when I use it, to the point where I have to slather on conditioner just to counter its effect. Since shampoo is meant to cleanse and not moisturize hair, I am glad there's no wax in this shampoo. Also, it did not irritate my extremely-sensitive scalp.

I love many Burt's products, but I will not be repurchasing the More Moisture Raspberry Shampoo or Conditioner. Burt's Super Shiny Shampoo and Conditioner are much more moisturizing, and don't leave my hair tangled.

Ingredients: water, decyl and lauryl glucosides (natural coconut oil, corn starch, & sugar soap blend), coco-glucoside & glycerul oleate (natural sunflower & coconut oil soap blend), soy protein, coco betaine (coconut oil emulsifier), betaine (sugar beet), vegetable glycerin, honey, vegetable protein, wheat protein, glucose (sugar), sucrose laurate (natural sugar ester), brazil nut oil, raspberry extract, bergamot oil, orange oil, eucalyptus oil, fennel seed oil, strawberry extract, mandarin petitgrain oil, litsea cubeba oil, vanillin oil, davana oil, xantham gum (natural thickener), fragrance, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural preservative).
continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2007 4:16:00 AM More reviews by ozlema

Smells like cough syrup, doesn't lather well, makes hair feel sticky. This shampoo was my first organic purchase and made me dubious of the performance od all shampoos. Then I bought Australian Organics Shampoo for dry hair, from the reviews at drugstore.com. now i'm perfectly happy.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2007 8:10:00 PM More reviews by tessabeth

I have long, thick hair that is very dry (especially in the winter). This formula uses mostly natural products and is free of sulfates (a plus for me, and the ONLY reason I give it 2 lippies). I understand that means it won't lather or coat the hair to trick you into thinking this is moisturizing. But it is so thin that it runs everywhere. And it makes my hair so tangly that the shampoo can't even penetrate the scalp! My hair gets so matted and tangled. And it doesn't even feel clean, no matter how much I rinse. The scent is gross. It gives me a lot of shine, but my hair is like straw. Terrible. The conditioner is a little better (read my review on that if you'd like).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 6:33:00 PM More reviews by cowgurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Dried. My. Hair. Tangly feel, hard to rinse. Insane explosive obnoxious sweet fake fragrance -- As with most bad shampoo purchases, I tried to use it up on my dog, but felt that that it was cruelty to animals.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 10:52:00 AM More reviews by graciebaby28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this the other day because I was buying Burt's Bees conditioner for the first time and thought I might get better results using a Burt's Bees shampoo with it.

I could have shampooed with sugar and had a better experience LOL It was thin, runny, I had to use alot of it to get a lather and the worst part was it felt like my hair was a matted mess while trying to wash it properly, I couldn't get my fingers thru it if that makes sense. It just felt sticky and gross because of the way it made my hair clump into a ball...Do Not Want..Am returning this today, save your money:)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by tamijane

This shampoo is terrible. It dried my hair out like no other. Moisture??? What!!!! Don't even try it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2007 12:39:00 PM More reviews by DannysDiamond

I have to agree with the previous reviewer...as a lover of Burt's Bees products, I expected this to be exactly what my thick, dry, frizz-prone, thirsty hair was looking for. What I was left with was hair that felt stripped, brittle, and like straw. Fortunately, the More Moisture Raspberry and Brazil Nut conditioner was excellent for remedying the situation, but I will not be using this shampoo again. I have however, been using the conditioner as a secondary treatment along with my usual shampoo and conditioner from the Suave Naturals line and it works fabulously.

For someone with hair is not truly dry and needing moisture, I think this would be a great product, but for the consumer base that they market it to, it is in my opinion ineffective.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2007 9:27:00 AM More reviews by unseelie_fae

I'm disappointed. I shelled out ten bucks for this shampoo. No SLS, blabla, etc. List of ingredients looked good. Boasts conditioning, gentle cleaning, rich lather, blabla.

I tried it. Well, it had a weird funky smell, was thin and runny, and barely lathered at all. My hair felt overstripped and damaged after use, not silky and moisturized.

I don't recommend this stuff. It will probably end up in a pump dispenser serving as hand soap, and I'll have to add some kind of fragrance oil to get rid of the nasty funk.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2007 3:17:00 PM More reviews by thatgirlangie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got tired of regular shampoos irritating my sensitive scalp, and I've also been reading a lot of bad stuff about sulfates, parabens and phthalates (Burt's Bees products contain none of these), so I decided to give this a try. I have very dry hair, but an oily scalp, and this shampoo seems to do the trick for both. My hair is left clean and my scalp is left unirritated.

The only negative thing about this shampoo is that it is difficult to lather and distribute into my hair. To remedy this, I make sure my hair is completely wet everywhere, and I lather a bit in my hands before applying.

I will definitely repurchase this--my hair feels great!