BeneFit Cosmetics Lip Plump

2.3

on 11/18/2009 2:29:00 PM

This is completely misleading. It does not plump your lips at all. Its basically acts as a concealer for lips..... thats it. And it doesnt even stay on for very long. Usually it comes right off when I try to apply any lipstick over it.

I don't understand this product. It's not a plumper in the "Lip venom" kind of way. It's a concealer for lips. It doesn't make my lipsticks last longer. I have absolutely no use for it.

on 10/30/2009 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'm one of the few who actually like this. My friend loved it and bought me one years ago. I was disappointed that it doesn't really plump lips, but I don't like tingly feeling most real plumpers have. It plumps my upper lip, gives a great base that I can draw my upper lips bigger with a liner. Lipstick stays longer. But, it's more primer and nude base than plumper. I must admit I'm on my fifth LipPlump now.

on 10/23/2009 5:04:00 AM

I got this in the realness of concealness kit and maybe it could have been better if they have a lip gloss or lip balm instead of this. However, I like this product but I wouldn't use it on its own or for any plumping effect. I am not looking for a plumping effect anyway.

This comes out rather grayish brown on my lips, which gives me a base for a nude lips. I like the soothing cooling sensation it gives me, but I must say its staying power is not that great.

I don't think I'll repurchase or even consider of getting the full size of this, I'd just get a nude/beige lipstick and lipgloss instead. I don't hate it, but it's something that you could pass. Hope it helps.

on 10/17/2009 8:24:00 PM

Single worst MU item I ever bought. On the plus side, it doesn't have a painful stinging effect - which isn't saying much.
The product was chalky like applying liquid concealer to lips, which isn't what you expect from a plumping product. It also doesn't really do a good job of concealing or priming the lips at all. It doesn't seem to be emollient enough to have a smooth appearance which makes it looks dried out and chalky and doesn't spread evenly. Settles into creases, which is crazy because I have some of the least creased lips ever. In other words, doesn't behave like a plumper, a primer or a good concealer. I'd take a pass on this one.

on 10/17/2009 3:59:00 AM

All this really is a primer, nothing special. The same effect could be achieved by applying concealer to your lips. I wouldn't buy it again, and didn't even finish the very same tube supplied in the Realness of Concealness Kit.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A TRUE "PLUMPING" EFFECT! With that said, this stuff is nothing better than a primer.. and you can get the same effect by putting concealer on your lips.. which is a hell of a lot cheaper than this stuff. Again it's really decent for a primer but that's it, period. Please don't purchase this if your looking for a plumper, you'll be sadly disappointed. Primer yes, plumper, NO.

on 9/14/2009 5:27:00 PM

I got this in the realness of concealness kit and it's my least favorite benefit product. there is no plumping effect whatsoever and as a base I find it too drying (plus, the lipsticks don't really look good over it). Kinda useless :/

I bought this product to help lighten my lips since they are extremely red. I did feel the tingles when I used it the first couple times but after about a month, it wore off. But since it was marketed for that purpose, it lost a lippie. I will continue to purchase this until I find something else to help lighten my lips.
I apply this over a lip balm, then lip color. It's more moisturizing this way but doesn't have much staying power.

this stuff was not worth it... It burned my lips sooo badly.
but i have sensitive skin so i guess if you have the same then dont use it.

Popular Lip Treatments