November 22, 2014 | 1894 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam VI

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by frenchmartini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick was just ok. I guess it's because I've seen colors similar to Viva Glam VI before. The color is a little too dark for me to wear everyday. I do like using the Viva Glam VI lipglass over it...it looks really nice...however when I wear it alone I feel like it just dulls my skin out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by pandasforeva123

It's a great everyday lipstick, it's brightens up my lips. It's close to my natural lip colour but you can still see a colour difference. I don't find that it's sheer unlike other users.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by danceandrejoice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very sheer lip color (it's a lustre, not a creamy lipstick). I found three good passes gave a nice amount of color and coverage. It comes across as a shimmery copper on me. I'm a cool toned so this didn't work well on me at all, but would be really nice on a warmer skin tone if you were looking for a more natural lip with just a touch of color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by musefan26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick, it's a brown tone with gold glitter which isn't noticeable when applied on. It looks stunning on my lips. Wasn't sure if it would look good against my pale skin. I use viva glam VI lipglass with it. Usually I never go for browns but I adore this lipstick, one of my faves and highly recommend to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by foltmanns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just picked this up this afternoon, along with the matching lip glass. It's just gorgeous paired together. The combination gives me a brighter medium pink color, a step up from a nude/pink lip. I also loved the lippie by itself, it's really a beautiful everyday color that suits my coloring which is fair/medium cool undertones. I may get a backup for both the lippie and the lip glass but will need to act soon, both are limited editions. Actually, they should be made permanent.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by scintilla1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was deeply committed to Viva Glam V as a perfect neutral and something to tone down my brighter shades but viva glam VI is also excellent. It is darker so it can't be used as well to tone down my brights BUT it is a much nicer neutral. With fair skin, VG V really muted my skin. Yes it had sparkles and other pretty features (at least the lip glass did) but this lipstick is highly versatile, has the shimmer and looks so kissable under a sheer layer of lip glass. Very well may be my HG of neutral lip colours. Hurrah!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by deepmakeup

One of my all time favorite lipstick from MAC. Looks awesome on my NC 42 skin tone. Very easy to apply and i use it with mahogany lip liner form MAC. It is a bit creamy on application but when i want to give it a matte effect, all i do is dab some talc powder on my hand and then with my fingers just press it on my lips and there you go it just changed into a matte lipstick. You can try this with any creamy textured lipstick. I wear it everyday for work, stays longer when you matte it and it goes with most of my clothes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this. I went in looking for a pink with a bit of warmth and this fit the bill perfectly. It goes with plums, browns and greens - perfect. However, I don't get any of the brown or nude in the lipstick that a lot of gals are seeing, at least not on my NC/W 15 skin. On me this is a semi-bright, neutral gardenia pink that fades to an "I've been eating Mr. Freezie's" pink stain on my lips. It may sound childish, but it looks lovely.

I love the look of it on my lips, think it is smoothing and provides fullness. I don't get much staying power with this one, but it's better than most lustres. I think it's great and I wear it quite a lot this spring.

I'm actually going back in tomorrow to see if there are any left because I'm afraid of running out!

edit April 27/09. I Bought more than one back up because I wear this all the time! Love it!!!! I keep one in my purse always. Fabulous shade. I think they should break the rules just this once and make this LE a regular item.

Edit: Oct. 09. If you are looking for a fantastic, pigmented gloss in the same shade as this lipstick, see Bloom's Cutie Pie. Pricey, but gorgeous. Now that Viva Glam VI is a regular item I have relaxed and can comfortably wear it as much as I want, which is often, instead of sparingly as I was for fear my stash (4) would run out. It's on of my top 5 all time favourite lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by xel_ha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite of all Viva Glam lipsticks. It looks plummy brown on my lips. I find it neutral enough to wear during the day. It's also very moisturizing. I love it enough that I'd probably get another one soon. For reference, I have olive skintone with yellow undertones and this looks natural on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by bethd44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very nice YLBB, darker and a bit more intense than Viva Glam V. I like it but it doesn't last and tends to "bleed" outside the lips. The formula is a bit too soft IMO but not drying. I would probably re-purchase. In general, I like MAC's lipsticks very much. My only criticism is they don't seem to have much staying power.