April 24, 2014 | 1384 users online

Liquid - Boots - No7 Intelligent Balance Foundation Mousse [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Chickenbutt23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for a couple years now and love it. I have really oil skin and this will actually stay in place for more than an hour. It also covers incredibly well. And it's easy to layer for more coverage. I have a lot of redness and acne/acne scars and it covers them all up! My face always looks amazing after I put this on. In fact, the first time I wore it, I came into the room where my husband was and he said my "skin" looked really good. Not my MAKEUP. Which was awesome.

This does tend to separate a bit after a few hours because my skin is so oily, but if I blot with a tissue, it looks just fine. I'd imagine people with skin not so crazy as mine would be able to wear this all day and have it look flawless.

The only thing I don't like about this stuff is the packaging. It's hard to get the last bit of foundation out from under the lip of the jar, esp. with the little plastic scoop they give you. Other than that, this stuff is the best!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

First impression:
    I visited a target ages ago looking for a foundation. There was an associate promoting this. I kindly declinded the free sample she wanted to give me. Months later & I'm coming back for it. I had wanted a low price foundation that evened out my skin, wouldn't cake, had quick & simple aplication, and would last. Since I've barely tried it for a day I can't say too much about how long it lasts. So far I like it & it does what I want. The coverage to this is medium & it matches my fair olive skin. I'll update this in a few days.

Over all this is an okay foundation. Not good for flaky/dry skin (will show the patches like no other). I have a long work day as I usually apply my make-up about an hour before work. I noticed that this didn't last too long. I use my fingers to apply this and it starts off kinda dry & cakey looking. Then by mid-day I look like an oil slick. Kinda upsetting that there's no in between. I'll probably just use this until I can find a better foundation.

11/6/11 update: I have since tossed this away. A complete waste of money. I didn't like that it looked cakey after being applied to my skin and then before midday it was oily. Also this clogged my pores and I eventually broke out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by CHRISTIE09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! Though I've only had it for a few hours, My face looks like it was airbrushed! I have SUPER DRY skin and this worked amazing for me! Although I had to go back to target a few times to get the right shade, it was so worth it! Before I used this, I was using nars sheer glow,which I love, but I think this is way better! I do think they run light or I'm just dumb and couldn't find my shade by the jar. Inside the jar, it looks dark, but when applied, it's actually lighter. Buy this foundation!! It's amazing :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Dee652

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got this recently at Target, where the product is still being sold. This product is very similiar to Maybelline's Dream Matte mousse, which means yes, it will emphasize ANY dryness or flakiness in your skin. However, if you're as oily as I am at times, and you're willing to take the risk of possibly breaking out, you might want to give it a try. This is probably the only foundation I've ever used (including Dream Matte) that actually stopped shine and mattified my skin for a few hours. I found its results even better than powder and mattifying serum (Boots Instant Matte). It's still tough to use, though. I can only use it when my skin is completely hydrated, usually after I've showered and slathered on face lotion. I primarily use it to even out my skin tone, as its light-medium coverage and best used sparingly to prevent flaking. All in all, I like it in my make up bag for when i'm running out the door and looking a little shiny. Or, after I put on a tinted moisturizer or sunscreen that leaves a layer of shine on my skin. Not something I turn to for touch-ups, though- it gets cakey when layered, and can pool if your skin is oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by oregongirl39

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am sooooo disappointed. This foundation makes my skin look amazing and I love everything about it...except...wow, it is making me break out horribly. Big zits, small zits, tons of whiteheads. I have zits where I never did before and I am 40 yrs old so, way too old for this. I kept getting sucked back into using it because it covers all of these nasty buggers beautifully, however, all it does for me is cause more. I kept hoping it wasn't the foundation but it definitely is. I have two close friends who use it and adore it, so I guess for some people it is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by gladiolii

Well, it's only my third day using it... and I still love it. The first day I could not stop staring at my face, since I hadn't even used concealer and this baby covered it ALL. By all I mean acne scars, redness, just about everything but undereye circles, but it certainly saved me a lot of concealer. I raved about it to everyone I knew. I didn't even get oily by midday, and that is beyond amazing. I thought this was the end of any search for foundation, forever.
    So, now I've just discovered a con. It broke me out. But of course. Is there ANYTHING on Earth that doesn't break me out? I knew it was too good to be true anyway. It was so creamy, so light, so beautiful and perfect... my pores looked amazing... but all due to the heavy amount of cones in this. It's like a foundation/primer in one. But I did notice that the only areas I broke out was where I went over it with a second layer in order to cover some scarring, so maybe it's kind of like cone overdose. Will have to find out a way to use this without simultaneously killing my skin, but it doesn't mean I'll stop. God no. Despite the potential to destroy my skin, I am still 90% behind this foundation. It's that good.
    I guess I would say, watch out, and don't use a lot. I have pretty sensitive skin, so my reaction to the cones is expected. You could have different mileage, so who knows. But for the price, it's definitely worth a try. Also, I should mention that I'm using the shade New Ivory, the lightest one--which isn't my shade, but it matches my neck. It looks 100% natural on me, like I'm not wearing any coverage. Be sure to follow up with some contouring though, as this might make you look two-dimensional. If anything changes, I'll update.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by beccabuns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was my first mousse foundation. I had no idea that a product that felt so light on the skin could give such great coverage. I use a flat top synthetic brush to apply this foundation. it blends out like butter. It has great coverage and a matte finish. However it was not transfer resistant. It was all over my coat collar as well as my cell phone after talking on it. It did absolutly nothing to control my shine. My face gets very oily and this melts right off my face as the oil comes through. Even with a primer this doesn't stay put. I love the way it goes on and the coverage it gives but because it only looks good for a couple of hours, i won't be purchasing it again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my first time trying a foundation like this.... I really like how I only need a little bit! I apply this with my fingers but I really want to buy one of those good brushes or sponges to apply this.

UPDATE #2 June 24, 2011 - I bought this again! I Loved it so much and my current shade, new ivory is almost gone! today target was all sold out of my favorite shade...but it's okay since it's summer and I am a little tanner from self tanner anyway so I bought the 2nd lightest shade available called Buff. Hopefully this will last me all summer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first purchased this foundation after someone on You Tube mentioned that it was one of their favorites. I am so glad that my curiosity won and that I tried it out. I love this foundation. Prior to using this, I had never used a mousse foundation, but I am now quite a fan. The light texture of the mousse goes on incredibly smooth and it feels like I am not wearing any makeup at all. Coverage is medium to full depending on what you want. The finish is very matte, but still very natural and soft. I took off a rating because the color selection is very limited. I purchased this in the shade Suede, which is the darkest shade currently available. I am afraid that once Spring/Summer comes, I will not be able to wear this foundation. For reference, I am an NC40-42 in MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by libraryhill

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm on my second jar of No7 IBFM in New Ivory. I have typical acne-scarred, pre-menopausal skin (read red, flaky in spots, oily in others). I have never before found a fdn that covered it all. I do have to use a moisturizer on the dry areas (Mario Badescu), and then a primer (Monistat) which allows the mousse to just glide on. I've tried it with and without the primer and there is a huge difference... I seem to use more fdn without the primer than with. I also use a foundation brush instead of the little spatula which just seems to dig the product out of the jar and that's all. My first jar lasted a year with medium use (I don't use foundation every single day, and sometimes I go heavier on coverage depending on the event.) I love this stuff and like everyone else, I have gone to counter after counter at the department store, spending a small fortune to get it right just to be dissapointed a week later. Now for $13.99 it's my HG of fdns. Also, I finish with Laura Geller's Banish and Brighten which sometimes lends a bit of orange. Grab the highlighter and lighten it up, and the Boots lasts all day with a powder touchup on my oily zones. I love this stuff.