August 28, 2014 | 1793 users online

Other - Ulta - Ulta- whole store

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I generally love going to Ulta because of their selection and deals with a loyalty card. I do agree though with the others--cleanliness and sanitation could be better, especially when it comes to the tester products. I don't really test out the products because of this and I tend to buy the same essentials time and time again so a test product isn't necessary (or the item is cheap enough for me to bypass the test altogether and just take a risk).

Customer service hasn't been a problem for me. The people at the store near me are friendly and will ask if I need any help finding something. I've never had an issue with getting their coupons/booklets in the mail.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by ladycontesa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ordered from Ulta.com during their big promos and they never sent me my free gift with purchase. They had a big advertisement on their website that tells you you are going to get this free gift with purchase (some of them cost just as much as the item you are purchasing). Then you place your order and never get it in the mail. Surprise surprise! This happened to me and happened to one of my friends. They assume that you will not complain and wind up getting away with it. In addition to the fact that you now have you wait 24-48 hours until a manager gets back to you when you call customer service and when they finally do (if you are lucky enough to answer your phone when they call) they are very rude, talk over you, talk in circles, and then only offer the $10 gift card and claim that is all they can do otherwise they will get in trouble. BULL! Classic bait and switch. I had ordered a Pur minerals pressed powder and a free chisel brush was being offered with the purchase. I just happened to take a print screen showing my basket with the free gift. When I spoke with the manager (who insisted on seeing proof) I sent her this print-screen. Well all of a sudden her e-mail doesn't work and when I explain that it said free gift with purchase underneath the item she says "Well it didn't say what the free gift was." I told her that the advertisement said that free gift was the chisel brush with the purchase of a compact. She then told me that it could have stated that there was a minimum purchase requirement and that it might not have been a full sized brush so all she could only offer the $10 gift card. I told her that was unacceptable and that it didn't make sense to get a $10 gift card in lieu of a $23 chisel brush pre-tax. She said I had no proof of the free gift and that if it "fell out of my basket" it was not Ulta's fault. I then asked her for proof of the minimum purchase requirement and that to prove that it wasn't a full sized brush. She couldn't and then told me that was all she could do. I am planning on calling them every day until they send me that brush. I have been a loyal customer for almost 10 years but will not be spending any more of my hard earned money at Ulta or Ulta.com. I will be shopping at Sephora instead as they offer better samples and do not try to gyp you on your free gift with purchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So...I used to go to Ulta to get Iman Cosmetics. But, I haven't worn Iman for years, so I usually just go to Ulta to get Real Techniques brushes. At Ulta, they're usually Buy One get One 50% Off, which I like.

However, on my last visit, I asked for a sample of the new Urban Decay Naked foundation, and I was told that "they don't do that." I was told by the sales associate that she could color match me and I could purchase the product, and I could return it if I didn't like it.

Now, I have no qualms about returning a product that does not satisfy me. But, making the return without having the opportunity to sample the product seems incredibly wasteful to me. Almost backwards.

I hardly ever make a foundation purchase, without trying the foundation for like 2 days. I mean, foundation goes on my face, the first thing people see on me. I need to make sure the color looks right, it doesn't oxidize, that it wears well...Ulta needs to get with it. Honestly, I don't really know how they compete with Sephora and with these "mini cosmetic store pop-ups) that Macys and JC Penny has.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by suusuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i went in there once on a slow day and I was carrying my purse with me, in my purse I had my makeup bag which i guess was open and some stuff moved out. I carry some products with me since I work long hours in-case I need to touch up

I was looking at some mascara when a lady who works there came up to me, peeked into my bag, and told me "Oh it looks like you may have accidentally dropped some of our products into your bag!!"

What was showing was my tarte blissful blush, and my KAT VON D concealer that they do not even sell at that location.

I politely told her that these are mine and I paid for them and I did not buy it there, she did not believe me.

A whole ordeal took place, long story short if you are a person of any color or ethnicity do not go there because you are a criminal and will have people peeping into your purse without your permission

SHOPPING WHILE ARAB AT ULTA = BAD IDEA

8 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by tkkana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

my ulta store is located in the Asheville Mall in North Carolina. I would like to say they have hired the best staff there. only one girl i really did not like. the ladies at the benefit and lancombe counters are simply terrific! the salespeople try very hard when i come thru with a question. The displays have usually in decent condition. but that is more of a customer issue. when i go in the mornings they look great, mid day on a weekend..not so much.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2012 6:26:00 AM More reviews by CharleneEss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The promo codes are mediocre and some don't work on entire brands (ie: Philosophy). At Sephora, the restrictions, if applicable (which is rare), are clearly visible. A Sephora, you're rewarded for being a valued customer with free, larger or full-size products and a birthday gift.The deals, information, and perks are better at Sephora, and, come to find out, so is the quality of staff. An Ulta staff member, rather than letting me know they'd look into it like any other respectful staff member at any other business where you give someone your money and come to expect to be treated at least cordially, argued with me like a child in front of my best friend (who is male) yesterday afternoon when I inquired about a link to a code in e-mail for the $10 off $60 promo that led to a site error (an open, blank page). Her attitude was condescending and combative... it was like a waitress or waiter saying something to the effect of, "get it yourself, stupid." That's how I felt standing there being aggressively belittled by someone whose job it is to help others. Instead of doing her job, she spoke down to me as though she had much better things to do. I'm even-keeled and friendly; I genuinely love meeting new people and really enjoy helping others, so to have someone, let alone someone who is in a service position (meaning there to help us) respond to that and to a simple question with, initally, dismissiveness, then loud confrontation... well, let's just say I was embarrassed in front of someone I love; he was shaking his head as we left and said he couldn't believe we bothered to stop at Ulta, so it was a first and a last time for him. I've never had any experiences remotely similar at Sephora; they've always been nothing but professional and friendly. I had to call the Ulta store manager after we'd left the store because it was so upsetting for the both of us to have been treated with such blatant disrespect; it bothered me that someone so clearly disgruntled by people was taking her bad day out on customers. I'm being kind in saying it was a bad day. I let the store manager know that I've had customer service experience in the past and would never have treated anyone with the kind of rudeness I experienced yesterday. The funny thing is I spend a lot of money where I'm treated well and I like to take advantage of sales and promos because I consider myself a smart consumer and feel that I've earned them. My best friend is the same way; he is a loyal customer and spends a lot if money where he is treated well. We're treated well at Sephora, and the staff and selection are remarkably better, so we won't be returning to Ulta.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I feel like my Ulta store has very friendly employees. They don't bother me at all when I shop and they give me coupons on even high-end products in the store.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by redheadfrommaine

I really enjoy Ulta! What I really like is they have products and brands to fit everyone's budget. They have higher end stuff as well as less expensive stuff. The store was stocked relatively well, and it was clean. Overall, love the store and will definitely be going back again! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I go to Ulta only when I want a specific item and have coupons. In and out. It's nothing to write home about. I hate the re-do of the store. I prefer to search for things by brand, not type. SA are ok. I rarely deal with them. Depends on when you go. I have met a few who were very nice. Other times, didn't know what the heck I was looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Pinc

I, too, am an Ulta Fan and have only good things to say about their stores. I live in Illinois and their staff is always friendly and helpful, the store clean, the shelves well stocked. I frequent several Ulta Stores in my area and they get an A across the board.