April 21, 2014 | 1353 users online

Foundations - Yves Saint Laurent - Perfect Touch Radiant Brush Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is a good summer foundation for me.. I have good skin and don't need much product in the summer.. and this works (except for my remaining melasma spots..lol)..I will use up what I have left over from last summer and bid adieu.

It isn't great and certainly not worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by fortune222

I wear #5. It's not hard to get a decent shade match. But it is so sheer, you'd better have very good skin to start with. You'll get the best effect with this if you use Touche Eclat or Dior's Skinflash to highlight and/or cover problem areas first after moisturizing.

The attached brush is messy, hard to clean, and I found it left the makeup streaky. I just popped the brush head off with a table knife. You do have to keep the bottle tightly closed and right-side up if you do this, however.

Instead of the weird attached brush, I use the Sephora Professionel #55 "Airbomb" brush. After experimenting with the flat foundation brush and the skunk, I think the 55 works better for this foundation's texture.

Over the Skinflash with a brush, this foundation can give you a lovely finish, but no serious coverage. It hasn't broken me out yet or given me new blackheads.

It's not the greatest foundation ever, but it's sure not as terrible as most. You will want to powder it lightly after application with a very finely milled translucent powder using a giant brush to keep it from coming off on your cell phone when you talk.

Put your blush on last with this one. I do wish it had more sensible packaging and some SPF.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by cristal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was a complete waste of money for me. Zero coverage, and if anything all it did was enhance my dry areas. Will definitely not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by norespect

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this foundation in #4, for winter, and #5 for summer. I use other foundations too, but this one is my favorite. It's just amazingly light in texture but covers very well and because it's so liquid you can still "see" my skin underneath. It's absolutely buildable, it allows you to use only one product for different occasions. The brush can be irritating, the amount of product takes some practice to control, it's pricey, but it's so rewarding. Every time I have it on, I love to see my flawless skin in any possible reflective surface! I always moisturize well, Embriolysse is my favorite, I prime my skin, and every time I reach for this foundation, I know that I'll get a perfect result. I'm a wee bit of a sucker for YSL products, they might be a bit too classic for my creative looks but what sets them apart from others is that they are true multitaskers, specially the limited editions of face powder pallets and blushes, they seam to be really cleverly put together and I love having them in my bag. I love how they translate classic look and how ultimately flattering they are.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Hattykins

After using Clinique foundation for years I decided to try something new.
I had a voucher for a free 'makeover' type thing at a YSL counter and fell in love with the Perfect Touch foundation straight away! I already love the Touche Eclat and the combination of the two makes my skin look so flawless and radient.
I wore the foundation to a flat party a couple of days ago for the first time and recieved so many comments from people saying how flawless my skin looked.
Very happy with this foundation and will defo buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by XJanX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

wow ! i love this beauty !!! im on my 3rd tube :) !!! I think i am actually a little obsessed with YSL ! I have most of the makeup range !! I love it because they all give such wonderful coverage which makes the skin look ever so flawless and beautifully randiant !!! its an added bonus that it has the brush (which i think works brilliantly) ! lasts well, covers well ( i have lots ofscaring as i have acne prone skin) brightens the complexion and is very natural looking too !!! I love using all the products on a night out and knowing its going to stay put and look flawless all nite :) !!! oh and it smells divine too !! x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since lately I have tried numerous foundations and really liked them in the beginning but then after a while not so much anymore, I wanted to wait until I used up the full tube of this foundation before I wrote a review. And I must say, as of today, this is my HG foundation! Reviewers below have done a very good job describing this foundation, but let me add a few points... I find this foundation strikes an amazing balance between making your skin "glowy", yet keeping it shine free. I tend to get a bit oily during the day, but this foundation seems to keep oiliness at bay, while still making me look naturally glowy. However, I do not use a moisturizer underneath, I only use a 20% vit C serum which acts like a natural SPF (the foundation has some SPF coverage, not sure how much as it is not labeled on the packaging). I have gotten many compliments on my skin since I started wearing this (although, I do have a decent skin to start with). I use #5 and it really brightens my complexion.
The cons:
-texture is not for everyone - if your skin is not already in a decent shape, I don't know if you will be able to pull this one off
-packaging - as many have pointed out the brush is more or less useless. I didn't cut it off, but I squeezed foundation through it. However, because of the lousy packaging, it is difficult to control how much product comes out. It took me a while to figure out the right amount. In the beginning a lot was coming out, so I ended up having to wipe my hands and waste product, which translated into me using up one tube of product in under 2 months :-( However, with the amount I use now, one tube should last about 3 months with daily use, which brings me to the 3rd con...
-price - it is one of the more expensive foundations out there. Since I don't use a lot of makeup products and I definitely do not use primers and powders, I am ok with splurging on a really good foundation. However, this is definitely on the pricier side. By the way, do not be "conned" into buying the primer for this foundation, the one that YSL SAs recommend with this, it is not worth it. If you have somewhat of a decent skin, you will not need a primer with this foundation. It is really a great performing foundation on its own.
Overall, my HG foundation for now, but I would like to see the packaging changed to a pump bottle!
Highly recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2010 4:37:00 AM More reviews by Dixy10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It is supposed to be a light foundation but I find it to heavy on my skin. Thats prob more a personal taste thing but i dont want to feel like i have foundation on. However I apply it seems very chalky and seems to oxidise to an orange colour on my skin. Ive tried different primers and brushes and i just cant get it to look right on its own. The only way i use it now is to mix with clinique moisture surge and a couple of pumps of mac strobe cream which just seems like alot of effort for an expensive foundation. It does look really nice like this though and you only need to put it on with your fingers. Another thing if you dont use a primer it sinks into pores and I havent got large pores but this seems to make them look huge. If you do want to try it I would advise getting a sample first and make sure you go out in bright day light because in dim lights (shops) it does look flawless. Also the brush is crap doesnt save time and you end up putting to much foundation on your face!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by bex92

After using clinique foundations for years I didn't realise how bad they were until I used this. Unlike others, this foundation actually stays on for the day. My skin is usually quite oily and other foundations haven't lasted the day, this one actually does. I wouldn't use it if you want a full coverage, matte look as it is only a light foundation. The price is expensive but it is 40ml and most foundations are 25/30ml , I think it is good value for money. Would buy this foundation again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 8:22:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't purchase this because 1) it doesn't last the day (disappears after 4-5 hrs) hence I have to put powder on top and even then it becomes blotchy as the day goes on, 2) the pricetag (@ $65 Cdn (before taxes), and 3) it looks like I'm wearing makeup because it has a tendency to look cakey and unnatural. I really liked the feel of this makeup though - as its name suggests it does make the skin very nice and soft to the touch. I also like the packaging (on/off control tube) minus the built-in brush (which is useless and unhygenic). The good part is it didn't break me out even though it is not oil-free, but it is non-comedogenic which is what matters. This is going back though due to the high price and low endurance/blotchiness. By the way, I wore #5 Peach which is perfect for my NC20-25 skin.