July 23, 2014 | 1259 users online

Blush - Chanel - Joues Contraste Powder Blush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Laura22

6 months ago I had never tried a single chanel product and I would have scoffed if I heard that the quality was worth the money...well...I know now that its true. I never would have believed I would become a chanel groupie after being loyal to MAC for decades (yes, decades :)) then branching out abit before discovering the JCs. The JCs are the best blushes out there and you if you get the right color for you, you simply cannot be dissapointed. The texture is lovely, goes on smoothly, lasts very well. I started with narcisse during the craze that followed its release...this is a great place for anyone to start because it seems to be magical in its almost universal flattering nature (creates a lovely, natural, fresh outdoorsy kind of look). I went on to rose bronze which looks abit more professional in my opinion, just received golden beige in a swap (almost a bronzer - incredible for a natural look or contouring) and I'm waiting for Mocha in the mail. FYI - I'm nc30-35 or chanel beige (2 or 40).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2008 11:03:00 AM More reviews by jacquelle2

i have this in a natural pink tone, 99, and the texture is really nice, the only thing i don't really like is the excess glitter, but otherwise it does well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2007 1:58:00 PM More reviews by seejanereview

Love Love Love Joues Contraste in both Nude & Rose Petale. See my review for Rose Petale for a more detailed review.

Cons - the brush & difficulties getting into the compact.

The nude color accents & leaves a sweet soft "nude" color. Sheer & soft in color. Hard to describe Nude - but it is neither pink nor peach nor brown or rose - it's nude. Have had a TON of complements since wearing it! Only recently have I started layering both Nude and Rose Petale and have gotten even more complements. I feel like I won the blush lottery with Chanel Joues Contraste. So much so, that I tossed out all my other blushes & didn't flinch.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2007 1:35:00 PM More reviews by jep278

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in a shade simply called "blush." Wow, the tiniest amount will do you, and it blends well too. Nice smell, stylish packaging. Bit pricey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2007 9:49:00 PM More reviews by jillyjill

Oh, man, these are pricey, but they are the most perfect blushes I have ever tried-and that includes the likes of MAC, Stila, GA, BB, LM, Shu, Px, ScB, the list goes on and on. These are stunning, highly pigmented and rose scented (which wears off the more product you use and the longer it's on your face) I have had about 6 of these total and only swapped away Tempting Beige b/c it wasn't spectacular on me. Orchid Rose and Rose Petale are my favorites, and Lumieres de Magiques a close third. I also have Reflex and Rose Cache. Mocha or the new won from Fall 2007 might be next...damn I love these. NC20-25 ish, blonde, blue/grey eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2007 10:31:00 PM More reviews by runechan

Chanel blush is gorgeous!
It's very pigmented and shimmery varying upon the color. Add radiant to your cheek.
The shades are perfect.
The package is luxurious. It comes with black velvet pouch. The only problem is I don't really like its perfume. Also, the blush applicator is really in bad quality. It's rough and everything.
These are the shades I have so far:
reflex : peachy orange with golden shimmer
rose bronze : rosy beige with silver shimmer
rose petale : Perfect pink rose petale!
tempting beige: It gives you very natural flush...kinda combination of brown, red and pink.
orchid rose : brownish peach with golden shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2007 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Lk21

I own this in 99 Rose Petal. And it is my first Chanel Joues Contrast Blush. I had previously bought their other blushes [not Joues, which are rounded, but their square-shaped one..forgot the name!] and i was not impressed. But i decided to give this one a chance after reading the rave reviews here. And i am glad to say it was worth every penny! It smells GREAT like roses. And i dont have to scrape it with my brush to get the color [as i had to with their other blush]. I am in love with it and will buy more shades in the future! Also, the beautiful packaging is worth the money too...it's so beautiful to look at and to see every morning:)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2006 3:49:00 PM More reviews by miaower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

These blushes are a little pricey, but they are awesome. I'm almost done my first one, its been a little over a year. I have this blush in Mocha Souffle. A very pinky-brown with a tad bit of shimmer, I absolutly LOVE it. The color that this blush delivers is so long wearing and really makes your cheekbones POP. It can contour anything very nicely. I'm very pleased with this product [just like everything else in the CHANEL line] and i'll be sure to pick another one up when this one runs out. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2006 3:44:00 AM More reviews by simplicity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Chanel Joues Contraste has the silkiest texture and most wonderfully pigmented powder blush. The color and shimmer blend beautifully and create glowy radiance to complexion. The black square packaging and velvet pouch gives very chic and elegant Chanel signature look. Very beautiful! ♥
(31.50/4g)
Brume d'Or: Shimmery caramel
Orchid Rose: Shimmery pale beige pink
Reflex: Shimmery golden peach

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2006 9:38:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

About six months ago, I developed a big lemming for anything chanel. I have since given away all of my chanel products, except for the reflex blush (I'm addicted to anything peachy). As for the blushes, I could not get over the fragrance. Fantasia and rose bronze were too pigmented, leaving my cheeks unusually flushed. I think that Chanel offers great shades, but if you're into the natural look (like me), try BB or Mercier. The domes of the blushes cracked after just one application and the texture is not nearly as soft as MAC sheertone blushes.