November 26, 2014 | 1408 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Cover-Up

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by BonjourMaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this concealer in the shade NC35 and it comes with 10mL of product. I think you get a really good deal for the $ you pay for. This is a concealer with light-medium coverage. One layer is not enough for my acne scars but it's buildable to the coverage of my liking without ever looking cakey. The packaging is really nice, too. It's a squeeze tube so you can be sure that you're getting the last drop of product. It's also very moisturizing since it's a liquid and it's never drying. The only thing I don't like is its longevity. I do set it with a powder but it doesn't seem to last me the entire day. My dark circles and acne scars seep through after 5 hours of wear. However, I would still repurchase it when I run out because it looks so natural. I usually wear this when I don't need a lot of coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have, like so many others, hereditary dark circles. I am pale so now in winter they are shocking. I was even looking at injectables as a solution it was bugging me that bad. So I have tried Clinique's All About Eyes in the lightest shad and it was a weird yellow and cakey , EL Double wear cakey and dry, Lancome Effercenes in 01 it was the best yet but not perfect, I still could see circles though diminished. Also tried Touche Eclat, Lumi, Revlon...
This may be the final HG!!!!
My shade is NW20. It is moisturizing, GREAT colour and natural. My daughter (who is my six year old make up critique) said "I can't see the weird purple stuff under your eyes anymore" 'nuff said

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by olia041983

Nothing special what so ever! Prolongwear is better

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by BritJoi

This is definitely my holy grail concealer! I am a NW45 and use this in NW40 for a highlighted look under my eyes and to cover my dark circles, this stuff is AMAZING! It is creamy, long-lasting (I set it with Ben NYE powder) and the perfect coverage for my dark circles. I use it daily and it lasts me a very long time. I seriously can not go a day w/o this stuff! First, I apply my foundation and then I apply this under the eye in a sideways triangular position and buff it out with my MAC 130 brush and it looks flawless! It also doesn't give that horrid flash-back affect with flash photography... but just an extra little glow and highlight that's true to how it looks in the mirror!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by kamakyri

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This concealer is amazing for covering blemishes and evening the darker tones around my nose. It blends really well and lasts all day, especially if I finish with a nice powder (like Pur Minerals). My only complaint is that when I am really sleep-deprived and I get dark shadows under my eyes, I have to be careful with how I layer it. It can get too sheer or too thick if I don't have the right technique. I use NC30 and it's a perfect match for my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Anabeel

I love how this product looks, feels, everything. It is my go-to under eye concealer for special events. The only con is that it's so expensive so i dont like using it on a daily basis.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by nina428

This is a great concealer, as expected since it's from MAC. Makes my face brighter and covers the blemishes and redness on my face. I might buy it again but I also want to try other concealers. This one doesn't have SPF but I find it better than the MAC studio finish concealer that has SPF. Comes in a cute little tube and kinda expensive too.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by ellieinwonderland

I have this in NW15 and I love it. I use this on any pesky little spots and it stays on all day (which is surprising because makeup never usually lasts on me) sometimes it can look a little cakey. I don't use this under my eyes as much (I use touché éclat) and I love the little squeezy tube because you can control how much you want.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Lrdz

I love this concealer! I especially love the packaging because I can squeeze it out directly onto my face instead of having to dip the brush into a jar. I apply a few dots on my very stubborn acne and acne scars and with a few layers they are concealed! I gave it 4 lippies because it's not the best full coverage ever (although it can be achieved through many layers) but it works for me on a daily basis and if set properly with powder will not budge and cake up your face. Gives a nice natural finish. Wish I could give it 4.5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

Not too many people talk about MAC Select Cover-up anymore, but it's definitely one of my favorite liquid concealers. It's creamy (not watery) - not too thick and definitely not heavy. It provides a good light-medium coverage, so in conjunction with a medium coverage foundation, this concealer is really all you need. It's not going to provide opaque coverage for those with severe darkness, but for those with minor to average dark under-eyes, this should do the trick. It has more coverage than Moisture cover (that stuff just does nothing for me) and just does a fabulous overall job of brightening my under-eyes (this is usually what i use it for, for the most part). If you are on the fence about this one, grab a sample... this concealer is a win! Although I dread going into the MAC store because they all know who I am and they know I spend a lot of money, so they try and push products on me, which I am sure they do to everyone. Dont impluse buy there (you will get yourself in trouble, i know i do!) However, this is a very solid concealer (one of my favorites in liquid) and worth giving a try!