Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk

2.6

Water, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sucrose Cocoate, PEG-100 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), PEG-5 Soy Sterol, Panthenol, Jojoba Wax PEG-120 Esters, Caffeine, Sucrose, Cholesterol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Linoleic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-150 Distearate, Carbomer, Potassium Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide 7/9/2013

on 10/19/2010 2:45:00 PM

I bought this after a clinique sa insisted I needed to try the 3 step system number 2 for my flaky yet combination skin, which as I expected ,was an epic fail. I went back to pick this up as my skin seems to like lotion type cleansers & am glad that I did. I use this only on drier areas of my face. I take a cotton ball & apply 2 pumps to it then dab it on my cheeks, nose, forehead & chin, I then let it sit a moment then blend it in & allow it to sit again, then finally I take a warm damp wash cloth & wipe it off. This product & method takes off my liquid foundation, blush & hilite products just fine& this also was gentle enough to save my skin after the 3 step nightmare.

on 9/28/2010 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

GWP item that I would not purchase. Very gentle and emollient cleanser that does not take off the day or anything else for that matter. I have taken it to washing off the cleansing oil at night and I like to use it in the morning for the moisture it gives me but I certainly can pass this one by.

on 9/8/2010 8:46:00 PM

THIS SUCKS. Honestly just save the 25$ because really this is crap. Definetely not gentle at all and if it gets anywhere near the eye area (I KNOW IT'S NOT AN EYE MAKEUP REMOVER!) get really to scream and cry. It removes some make up but not all and it broke me out. :/ There just so many things wrong with this.. yuck. I gave it to my mom because I didn't want to can 25$ and she doesn't even use it. Clinique should seriously change the name to keep the day on!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have a dry skin which is no VERY sensitive, but this "gentle" ( as it's written on the bottle) cleanser not only burns my eyes out, but also burns my skin, makes it red and sore...how could Clinique produce such an aggressive cleanser? Shame!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

By far one of the best makeup removers I've ever used. Removes literally every ounce of makeup and leaves skin very soft and nourished. I haven't used this as an eye makeup remover though as I use a different product for that.
This product is priced at 16/$24 for 200ml which I consider to be such a bargain seeing as I've had mine since the beginning of August '09, have used it every single day and there's still about 1/5 left in there (it's mid June'10 now).

on 4/17/2010 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Possibly the worst and most useless purchase I've ever made. Ever. I don't usually write reviews for products I dislike, however, I really felt like I have to warn others about this product before more people spend unnecessarily on this cleanser.

Don't get me wrong - I love Clinique, their pressed foundation and blush are my HG, so while repurchasing a foundation refill, I was convinced by the saleslady to get this as well. I was told that this was a gentle make up remover that wouldn't irritate my skin (I have sensitive skin). However, I was DEEPLY disappointed when I tried it later that night and realized that this so-called cleanser did absolutely NOTHING at all.

I followed the instructions and applied it directly to my dry skin. It removed NONE of my make up at all and stung my eyes SO much. In the end, I just had to use my usual Nivea make-up wipes to get rid of all the excess product. Clinique's Cleansing Milk left my skin with an oily residue and did absolutely nothing except waste my money. For the high price I paid, I was expecting at least a decent MU-remover-cum-cleanser. Very disappointed. One lippie for the good packaging.

on 4/2/2010 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

After having bought this product without having sampled and having used it for some time, I am very disappointed. I was sure to read the directions and use it as a make up remover followed with normal cleansing. First problem is that it stings and does cause irritation. Individuals with sensitive skin should definitely stay clear regardless of the wording of tests which state other wise. Also, the product goes on very oily and even after cleansing with a normal cleanser the skin feels unclean. It did remove my foundation pretty well but the drawbacks outweigh this benefit. There are far better make up removers on the market which are actually a lot cheaper.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I use this to remove my makeup and I think it does the job pretty well. I think people should use this to remove their makeup or any dirt they may have on their face then wash their face with water using soap or whatever. I also like the bottle very cool.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

hmmm, i'm not 100% sure about this product. It does remove my make up but for gods sake do NOT use this on your eyes!! It stings so much, which is a shame because it means i have to take my eye makeup off seperatly. To be honest, i could take both my face and eye makeup off with a face wipe and save about 11!! To expensive for my liking.

on 2/12/2010 11:07:00 PM

Bottle colour is lovely, but the product doesn't not remove my makeup completely n using a cotton pad to remove makeup takes quite a while and leaves an oily finish. It stings my eyes so bad too!! doesn't remove glitters and lipgloss swatches at the back of my hand.
before i bought the product the sales said if i use the eye n lips remover for the whole face, you will use it up very quickly and a waste of it. but that one is 2 pounds cheaper so i'm regretting.
after hving the burning eyes using the product, i asked another sales if it is ok to remove eye make up. she was like 'absolutely! it is a very gentle makeup n you remove anything" but then i said " i feel the stings in my eyes" then she was like " o, maybe you should not use it in ur eyes area then" I dun think the clinique staff hv used it before and dat was a bad manner.