December 18, 2014 | 1809 users online

Blush - Everyday Minerals - Nick Nack

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Too light for my light/medium olive coloring; only for very fair skinned gals I think. A slightly warm/peachy pink.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by fireflyglow

(For reference, I wear EDM Beige Fairly Light [winter] / Beige Light Medium [summer])

To be honest right off the bat, I'm a bit iffy on EDM blushes: at first, they don't show up at all, then if I put on a bit more, suddenly, I'm overloaded with blush. I don't know if it's my technique (though I've never had this problem before), the blushes, or a combination of both, but it's enough to make me a bit hesitant.

I'd originally ordered Nick Nack as a blush in my free sample kit and dismissed it almost immediately; there was barely enough color on my cheeks to call it a blush. But when was stumbling to try to get enough goodies to fill my 12-piece kit (!!!), I decided to throw this in the basket for good measure.

I'm glad I did. On me (Beige Fairly Light / Matte), Nick Nack is a drop-dead gorgeous light, fresh, and sweet pale dusty rose -- when I don't use too much. If I accidentally load it on, it tends to turn a bit orange. Don't be fooled by how light the color is -- Nick Nack is seriously pigmented. Luckily though, it's easy enough to tone down with the Finishing Dust. (ETA: I recently picked up Sonia Kashuk's skunk brush, and this seems to be the key to not overloading.)

For me, Nick Nack is a hit-or-miss, but when it does hit, it scores the entire jackpot. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Mojie

I'm feeling pretty "meh" about this particular blush. It's far better than the Natural blush I tried from EM last time, but it's still falling short of my expectations. Maybe it's because I'm not used to mineral blushes or maybe I just haven't found the right shade for me. It's hard to say.

Nick Nack is a nice dusty rose color and on my MAC NW20 (EM Cool Fair to Cool Fair-Medium) skin, it goes on true to what's in the jar. It seems like it should be a good color for me, but I find it a bit too dusty looking on my skin. It's possible that I might need a truer pink.

I found the texture of this harder to work with than my MAC sheertone blushes. The EM blush didn't go on very smoothly and tended to leave patchy results with my Eco-Tools blush brush (while the MAC blush went on perfectly with the same brush). To be fair, I haven't really used either mineral blushes or loose blushes before, so it could be that I don't know how to apply it properly, but it just didn't blend in the way I wanted it to. I also needed more than I expected to get the color payoff I wanted. With my MAC blush, I just had to tap the container with my brush for the perfect amount, but with Nick Nack, I had to shake out a small amount in my hand, swirl my brush in it, apply and repeat.

This is an okay blush, but I certainly wasn't wowed by it like I hoped I would be.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the sample size right now and am quickly running out because I have to use so much on my golden medium skin to get the color to show up.

However, I plan to get the full size someday. I know this blush is not meant for my skintone but I what I want out of it is a very lightttt pink flush. And when I use a small amt I get that. When I want it's true color to show on my skin i have to use A LOT but good thing I don't need that. I love that it's matte too!
Its kinda like a baby pink color...cool tone flush.

As usual I threw 1 lippie off because I hate loose powder blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by letsbedazzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this one. It has been described well, a dusty carnation pink, but it does take on a slightly peach undertone on me. While it is a lighter shade, it is also really opaque, so I have to be careful. I would definitely recommend this to anyone in the fairer shades, it's a staple pink. I often ignore this one in favor of one of the more fun, shimmery shades, but each time I come back to it, I wonder why it's been so long. It looks especially beautiful with a tiny bit of pink ribbon on top to enhance the pink tones and add shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2008 4:13:00 AM More reviews by tC_girl

This is a neutral, muted pink color that is perfect for daily wear. However, I think it might be a bit TOO light on me and I'm already fair (Light Olive in EDM). I just wish it showed up a bit more. Other that that, I like it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by tia347

This is a very light pink blush! It has some brownish undertone to it. Not really noticeable. I really like this blush it gives my skin a very nice youthful look. If you have medium skin I don't know if this blush would show up on you. If you have fairer skin this will be a great go to blush for you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Jolly_C

I like how this blush gives me youthful pink cheeks. I'm currently using buttered tan and I find that I have to use a lot of product to get enough color to show. After three to four hours, the color fades and it looks like I haven't put on any blush at all. Won't buy again. [Edit: I'll try and see if this works for me in the winter.]

[11/16/2008] My skin has gotten lighter and my foundation is now 50% EM Olive Fair and 50% EM Olive Medium. Though Nick Nack gives off a better color now, I still need to pile the blush on to get any effect. Also, it lasts for about 4-5 hours and then it just fades. I'm less oily since it is colder outside, so I suspect the oils on my face had something to do with the color disappearing. I've given about half of my mini jar away, and the recipients--who have fair skin--seem to love Nick Nack. I suggest getting a sample if you have fair or fair-medium skin. If you're any darker, I think it's best to avoid this blush. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 12:14:00 AM More reviews by lexymiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didnít think I could wear this shade because of how pale and naturally redness prone I am. But when I put their foundation, my face looks flawless, so I had to experiment with blushes. The price was great, so I had no excuse.

I really like this color. It is a very natural shade of pink, and it is flattering. It makes me face glowy!!! You could build it up, but I prefer the slight flushed look, so I put only minimal amount. That also means that I will have this blush for years, since you only need very little. Great product at an even greater price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

This is probably the best purchase I ever made from EDM. Most of their products (foundations, concealers, silk dust, eye shadows) sit unused in a drawer because of some flaw or another. Last week it got bumped to the front and I decided to put some on. I love this blush all over again! If I could ever bring myself to buy another product from them it would be this blush but given the inconsistencies with their products it probably wouldn't be the same.