MAC Technakohl in Graphblack

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated olive oil stearyl esters, polyethylene, polybutene, silica silylate, candelilla wax, octyldodecanol, microcrystalline wax, theobroma grandiflorum seed butter, sodium hyaluronate, zinc gluconate, magnesium aspartate, tocopheryl nicotinate, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, water, copper gluconate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain: Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, aluminum powder, bismuth oxychloride, black 2, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium olive breens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 10/18/2011 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG liner for the waterline. I have strayed and tried counteless liners from the MUFE aqua liners, which just arent that black, to avon supershock which I ordered from the UK. The closest liner I can think of that even comes close to me is the Revlon Colorstay liner of a few years back before it was
reformulated :(...loved that liner... I have been using this for about 3 years now and have lost count of how many I have gone through. I use this only for the waterline and its black enough for me, do I wish it were Feline or supershock black, yes but there is something in those liners that makes my eyes super itchy and irritated, and I dont wear contact lenses. My friend on the other hand loves Feline she wears contacts and has no problem. Another thing I love about my graphblack is it doesnt migrate and smudge all over the place like feline does for me even with setting. The amount of product in here is very small, but for an effective product that I use up and doesnt just end up in my drawer of forgotten liners I am happy. I cant comment on how this does on the lid as I reserve this for the waterline only. It lasts on my waterline about 4 hours + with minor fade in the outside corner which is awesome for me. The packaging is perfect for me as I never have to worry about it being sharp since I only use it for the waterline make sure the cap double clicks to make sure the product doesnt dry out. I dont wear makeup or liner on a daily basis maybe 2-3 times a week and this lasts about 4 months for me LOVE THIS!

on 10/16/2011 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i went to the mac counter today looking for a pencil on the waterline that is VERY black and lasts a very long time. so this review is based on the application on the waterline, not upper or lower lashline.

anyways, this liner is very smooth. i prefer rectractable eyeliners over pencil because i hate sharpening, and if it breaks while im at school, the mall, the movies, etc i wont be able to sharpen it. the packaging is really sleek and chic, like all other mac products. the SA cleaned it and let me try it on, and i walked around the mall for at least an hour with it on my waterline. it still looked perfect, so i definitley went back and purchased it!

MAIN POINTS: smooth, great for waterline, and long lasting. a drugstore dupe for this would be rimmel london's exaggerate waterproof eye definer, without the lasting power.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the only kind of eyeliner I can use- can't figure out how to use a pencil and don't have a steady hand for liquid. It is okay and lasts almost all day. I will be having to look into a different color or maybe try a pencil, because this just doesn't look right on someone with fair skin and blue eyes.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I liked that it stayed on my water line. Instead of looking black it looks kinda grey. The packaging is awful. The last time i used it I put the cap on the back of the pencial and the back of the eyeliner stayed on the cap and I couldn't put the cap back on. When I came to use it the day later the eyeliner dried and when i swiped it in my hand it broke! If you are going to buy it, be careful with the cap.

on 9/4/2011 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I like this eyeliner more than the Revlon Colostay in Black. Can smudge a little during the day, depending on humidity. The black pigment really make my brown eyes pop. Unlike the Revlon one which makes my eyes look tired. Right now, I'm between the Graphblack and the Clinique Quickliner in Really Black.

on 7/11/2011 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this liner.. I've been using this one for quite some time now and it doesn't budge once in place.. Was using a black pencil liner by MAC for 5 years but I found that I was getting annoyed with sharpening it so I switched to this one.. The only issue I have is that sometimes there is a bit of technical difficulty with using it.. Friggin thing got stuck 2x and I couldn't get liner to twist back in.. The first time I was almOst out of it but this one still has alot of product so now I just pop cap back on. That's the only complaint..

on 7/7/2011 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ugh, I wish I had looked at the reviews before I bought this! Normally I use whatever cheap drugstore liner I can get my hands on (yes, I've used and still occasionally use NYC--owning it!) so I thought this would be a treat. I bought it because the sales rep said it had the same staying power as UD 24/7 and I could use it on my waterline...surprise, this fades even worse than drugstore eyeliner, and that's after priming and setting with a powder. We're talking less than 4 hours before fading. I'm not impressed, especially since I could have gotten 14 NYC liners for the same price, haha.

Will definitely not be repurchasing.

on 5/24/2011 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This eyeliner is no better than a cheap drugstore liner. Compared to other MAC liners, this one is an awful product. Tugs on eyelid and is extremely hard. Maybe I got a bad batch, but this eyeliner went back.

If you are looking for a good black eyeliner go with either the powerpoint one or fluidline. Don't waste your money on this one.

on 5/9/2011 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this eyeliner! I use it on my waterline and underneath as a lower lash liner, and I use Fluidline for the top. This stays put on my waterline for a full 24 hours, even through a crazy night of drinking and dancing. I especially like that it's a self sharpening pen so you don't risk scratching yourself on a traditional pencil. Great product and reasonably priced!

on 4/13/2011 8:15:00 PM

I've been searching for an eyeliner that stays on my waterline for at least a few hours without smudging or just getting swept into a gross clump onto the corner of my eyes. UD's Zero does not stay on my waterline for even 10 minutes...despite using primer, not blinking to let it set AND setting it with eyeshadow. It smudges and drips when put on my lashline/eye lid as well.

This eyeliner went on smoothly and stayed on me longer than UD's Zero...but only by a little (about an hour). I will be returning it :/

Top Rated MAC Products