July 31, 2014 | 1828 users online

Crème - Bobbi Brown - Oil-Free Even Finish Compact Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its should be reformulated and not called 'oil free' but other than that, it is a perfect match for my NC50is skin. I hope it doesnt get dry like mac studio tech, and i love that it states the same color up till the end of the day. lasting power is awesome, but it tends to stain. I use imans blotting powder over it, or bobbi's sheer in basic brown to set it, or Laura mercier, whatever tickles me fancy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by monlim

As others have said, this glides on like a dream. I use this esp when I want to use cream blush because it will blend beautifully. I also love the convenience - it's swipe and go, no fuss and it doesn't accentuate the flaky bits even though it's supposed to be cream to powder. The colour match is practically perfect (I think it's Sand for my NC20/25).

Having said that, I'm a bit of a foundation whore and I don't like this enough compared to others I've tried to buy it again. First, the coverage is pretty light and doesn't cover acne well so I can only wear this on "good" days. Second, it never really "sets" so if you're going to be out all day, expect it to wear off. Or add some powder (which I don't do cos I'm laaaaazy). Price-wise, it's pretty steep considering the amount of product. I got mine off strawberry cosmetics at a discount but wouldn't pay full price for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 5:58:00 AM More reviews by bettyboopjkt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First of all, don't let the fact that I won't buy it again deter you if you have the $$$ to spend.

I have always had trouble finding an oil-free compact foundation that matches my skin-tone exactly. For those of you with darker skin, the match is great. It also glides on, and provides good coverage without looking cakey. It did a great job of covering up my blemishes and occasional red spot on my face.

I loved that it takes less than a minute to apply-for those of you who don't have a lot of time in the morning, it's perfect. My only concern is the price- in Indonesia, it costs over 50USD. If I use it everyday in the morning, it runs out in approximately 3 weeks. So, it's very pricey. I decided the last time it started to run out, that I needed to find a cheaper option.

Like I said, if you have the bucks for it or perhaps don't want to use it every day, it's a good product for darker women with oily skin who don't want to spend a lot of time on their makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 3:18:00 AM More reviews by monica562

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in natural tan to my surprise it matches my skin perfectly (I have a yellow undertone so its near impossible to find the right color ) being tired of foundations leaving my face pink I decided to give this a try. The compact is huge but it looks real nice n it has a big mirror wich I love . The coverage Is great my face looks flawless covers the redness n even my birthmark (that's how good the coverage is) It leaves a dewy finish look real natural. Hasn't broke me out yet like anyother foundation make sure you remove it before goin to bed I'm sure you won't have problems with breakouts that way... Over all I love it, the coverage is great and you don't even need to apply that much product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by songy67

I wanted to love this so much, I really did. After reading rave reviews on what it can do for oily-skinned girls I lusted after this and finally picked it up. But sadly it disappointed me and broke my heart. The packaging is gorgeous and high-quality (if not a bit bulky) and houses a generous mirror and a sponge underneath the pan of product. The foundation itself feels wonderfully smooth and light to the touch, with an almost cream-to-powder texture, but the horrid thing about it is that it clings to every flake of dry skin and pools around each pore like some sadistic, frightening, flaw-magnifier. Even when my skin is hydrated and in relatively good condition, even when I moisturize properly and prime, I just cannot get a flawless (or even decent) finish out of this. I've tried everything from applying with my fingertips to buffing with a flat-top brush to blending with a sponge, but the results still end up a patchy, cakey-looking disaster. I paid $23 for the full-sized, which is much cheaper than retail but still a pretty penny to me, so I want to at least get some use out of this... I'm going to try using it as a color-corrector for redness underneath my HG liquid foundation (Sally Hansen Your Skin Foundation in Eccru Beige). I'm an NC20 and BB in Sand #2 matches me very well so I'm hoping I can finagle a technique to make this work. I'll be back to update.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by brbrbrbr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have olive undertones and moderate acne scars and discoloration so a light to medium coverage is what I was looking for. This product gives a light natural coverage however, it doesn't stay on very well and is easily smeared and wiped off. So easily that touching your face results in almost removing the makeup. The finish is also shiny despite being oil free.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by tempalina

UPDATE 2/18/10: Sadly, this is not my HG. The shade does match my yellow skin fairly well. It can almost look like I am not wearing any foundation on. I noticed that if my skin has been pretty good, this looks and applies really well. I have noticed that this has the tendency to dry my cheeks and can accentuate dry areas. Because this is a cream foundation, it's easy to have a tendency to pile on when your blemishes are not fully covered. If you have fairly good skin that is combo/oily, this looks like it may work for you.
***********
I wanted to try Bobbi Brown foundations just because it was recommended as one with the most yellow tones. It's been really hard for me to find the right matching foundation because of my yellow undertone. I've tried everything from chanel to mac to drugstore brands (i'm still willing to try Dior). but so far, this has given me the most radiant but matching finish. MAC did match me fairly well and for the longest time I thought it was the best that I was going to get. but after trying this, my face looked more radiant and just brighter (something that Mac has not done for me so far). I thought of getting the liquid foundation but after trying this, I couldn't really seem to notice the difference between the two so i opted to try this just for the sake of it. Looks pretty good so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by thursdayschildx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the first non-mineral foundation I have tried in years, as I wanted to get a creme or liquid foundation because I have moderate acne and wanted a higher coverage:( I went straight to the Bobbi Brown counter because I had heard that they had a wide range of colours (I'm super pale too!), and the SA suggested this foundation in Porcelain because it was very high coverage, and oil free. And despite paying $75 (australian)I was so happy with it I was almost skipping home!
When I applied it the next day though, I panicked. Not only was there far less in the compact than I had thought (yet surprise! there was a sponge underneath) but when I first applied it it looked far too cakey and orangey, and it seemed to settle around any problem areas. Disappointed, I set it with powder and left it on to see how it would last the day. The one thing that pleased me at first was the coverage- one swipe with a brush and you could barely see my acne.
Well, what can I say? My bad first impression was totally wrong! Within 1/2 and hour I came back to the mirror and I couldn't believe how flawless my skin looked- and dewy instead of oily. The colour was almost an exact match (far better than other non-mineral foundations I have used), although I wish this came in Alabaster- BB's lightest shade in other foundations- but I am probably just being fussy. Even better- it stayed on all day, looking as fresh as ever! It is, expectedly, heavier than my mineral makeup, but noting I can't cope with. I guess I just had to let it settle into my face for a bit.
The big test is whether it will make me break out even more- so I'll let you know. Overall, I will continue to use my fabulous Lilly Lolo in Porcelain during the day, but this will be great at night when I need a slightly darker colour (LL makes me look like a ghost at night!) and better coverage. I know there are some awful reviews, but give this a try- it could be worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by svendira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I am NC30 (NC35 when darker), and #3.5 Warm Sands suits my yellow undertone very well, it's not heavily yellow that turns your skin orange-ish, it's just a yellowish shade that brightens. The shade matches very well, only, I can't really seem to compromise with its texture.

It's a thick creamy foundation that once applied will turn to powdery finish with medium coverage. I never tried applying it with brush since I don't have any proper brush yet, but when I'm applying with sponge, it instantly gives medium coverage which I think is good for those who needs to cover here and there.

I don't find it cakey actually, and when I finish them with MAC Blot Powder (in medium) the skin will look polished in a matte finish. Until, a few hours, it starts to blend to your skin (may I say, oxidize. It doesn't turn into a muddy dull shade anyway), leaving a semi dewy skin, but, unfortunately, I find it enhancing unwanted features on my skin. It fails to give me flawless texture and cover horrible pores after a while. I guess you need to have a perfect skin to have this work, because I bet, if you have a superb surface, this will turn your skin into a beautiful dewy finish.

I have tried it with primer (Monistat and Pureluxe) but it just doesn't seem to work. Instead, I got some small rashes, guess it's because I've managed to block my pores :|

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Hyt831

I like everything from Bobbi Brown! so there is no complain for this product. it is a very heavy duty foundation, so i only use a little bit to cover my imperfections (i use it as a concealer most of the time). It work amazingly well for my entire face as well, but I perfer liquid instead!
the packaging is very simple and chic, i love bringing it out with me just because when i take it out for touch ups people will compliment on it; even though it is just a black compact!