December 19, 2014 | 1667 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - Outlast Double LipShine

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by lolo10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I found this item at Big Lots for like $1.00 and some change. I was a little skeptical to buy it at first because the price was so low, but after I took into account the fact that I was born blessed with skin that isn’t sensitive or allergy prone, I decided that the worst that could happen would be that I would break out in some kind of rash and have to go to the doctors…no big deal…

I purchased the product and was immediately disappointed (as was another reviewer) in the fact that once you peel off the clear label the color name goes away. I gave the product an initial, what I thought to be, test run…did a swatch on the back of my hand to test the color and after determining that I liked it, I put some on my lips. The glossy end was really smooth and I liked the brush applicator. The color end was fairly easy to apply and looked good on BUT…

I took a shower, as I customarily do in the evening, washed my face and proceeded to prepare for bed and I noticed that the color was STILL on my lips. I tried to remove it with soap, baby wipes (which wipe off all of my other makeup really well), and even after brushing my teeth I could NOT get the color to come off….I didn’t have any makeup remover on hand so I literally had to apply pressure and rub my finger across my lips to get the color to peel off…not to mention (this is 9 hours later mind you after washing dishes and showering earlier today) there is still faint color from the swatch that I did on my hand yesterday. I will have to update this review later however because I didn’t know about the oil based thing when I first applied the color. All in all I gave it 3 lippies only b/c on the initial test run it was so darned hard to get off!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 7:42:00 PM More reviews by animalsrbetterthanpeople

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I normally use the Maybelline Superstay lip glosses, and have several colors because I am a big fan of that product. My mother gave me a coupon for $2.50 off any Cover Girl lip product, so I thought I'd venture outside of my "comfort zone" and try this product. BIG MISTAKE. Even with a coupon, it wasn't worth it. Ironically, I bought a color called "Sahara", which is pretty apropos for the way this product made my lips feel. The clear gloss wore off much faster than the Maybelline, and although the color itself is very pretty (a peachy/nudish color), the product itself is not good at all. It wears off unevenly, is very thick and looks like paint when applied, emphasizes any lines on the lips, and can not hold a candle to the Maybelline equivalent to this product. Sorry Cover Girl.......this product is not easy, breezy, NOR beautiful. Back to the store it's going for a refund, and I'll stick to my Maybelline Superstay Glosses, thank you very much. .

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by disorientedspoon

I got this on sale for $2.XX and it was so worth it.. the color stays on even though I eat, drink etc. Pretty cool!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2008 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Bassclef

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in Megawatt Mauve, and quite frankly, I tossed it. The color painted on opaquely and was a pain to remove. The gloss end did little to add depth/interest to the flat color. Maybe in a less dull, solid color, but for the price, I'm not going to try. CG TruShine lipsticks are less heavy-duty to wear, and more attractive.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by QueenoftheDookie

I hate this stuff! I needed some lip color that would last through out the day so I bought this. When I applied it it went on thick and dried rather quickly so it was hard to spread out evenly. It felt very sticky before I put the gloss on. Not only did it not last long, it made my lips look horrible! They look dry and flaky. I had to be careful how I ate because the food crumbs would stick to my lips. Reappling it was a nightmare. It made it worse! When I went how I washed it off and put another lipstick on for the evening. This product isn't worth it's price.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2008 5:09:00 PM More reviews by coladas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Why did I buy this? you wanna know why? It's the latest longwearing lipgloss and Queen latifah seems honest to me. Honest my booty!
Let me tell you this lipgloss SUCKED big time!
My lips felt thick and then chunks of the color were coming off my lip! I was so embarrased being out in public. And the DRYNESS OMG.
What a waiste...even though it cost me $9.99 and I get the other half price, i still paid too much!.
I rather have lip gloss that you have to re apply all day then get dehydrated lips! how the heck does Queen latifah wear this? easy she don't! liar!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This product did in fact stay on all day. It also made my lips dry out TERRIBLY! after about an hour of so of it being on my lips (even after applying the "shine") the lipgloss caked up and i didn't even use alot!!!! this is a horrible product. the only part i would get would be the shine, but even the shine went away in less than 30 minutes!!! also, the packaging broke and i didn't even pull hard!! the shine part broke off of the container and it was globbing out at the top ! i would NEVER suggest this product to anyone.!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 2:45:00 PM More reviews by pinkdiamonds29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the colour 205, which is a light pink/coral ("power pink"). When applied to the lip, It looks fine at first, but then begins to look streaky and begins to "crack" on my lips. =/ I don't know why but this always happens to long lasting lip colours on me no matter what I do! So dissapointing. I do get use out of the gloss side though. It's a very pretty sparkly clear gloss that looks good by itself and over other lip colours. Would not recommend, maybe I'd buy again just for the gloss side.
Price: $10.00USD
Note: Bottle leaked a bit! Not sure I'd buy again even for the gloss. :[

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2008 2:19:00 AM More reviews by bloou

This is so disappointing! I would never buy this product again! I know it works for some, but not on me!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2008 1:08:00 AM More reviews by gsthename

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the Outlast Double LipShine in the color 235. The color is amazing, but it gets cakey and dry... super fast. Even when the gloss was put on over the color... it still stayed dry to me. The color's great... just wish that the formulation was smoother. I don't plan on buying this again.