Burt's Bees Radiance Eye Cream with Royal Jelly

3.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, sesame seed oil, stearic acid (vegetable fat), kaolin, glucose (sugar), royal jelly powder, comfrey leaf extract, cucumber extract, eyebright extract, chamomile extract, rosehips extract, with hazel extract, lecithin, mica, natural borax, xanthan gum, orange oil, lemon oil, ylang ylang oil, sucrose stearate & distearate (sugar emulsifiers), fragrance, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural preservative).

**UPDATE: 12.01.11 ----I have just about half of the pot left since I posted this review -- and have had greater results. :) **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I said to myself I would wait one month before doing a review. But! I couldn't wait.. ALRIGHT, so I checked reviews on MUA and read all the mixed messages of how it doesnt work, its sticky, greasy all it does is moisterize. etc. good and bad stuff. But bought it anyway because I was in need of something without spending $90. I am all about keeping my face fresh, clean and I love facial skin care products.

My conclusion:
The skin around my eyes is thin and do have some damage from wearing falsies (daily) and have undereye creases. I have been using this product for 1 week and half now (twice a day) once in the morning and once before bed. In the morning after washing my face, I'll apply this cream first! before any makeup, face cream, fixing the hair etc.. as I know it does take a bit for it to sink in and moisterize. Since using this product, I have noticed my creases minimized, filled in, and eye area tightened. My eyes look fresh.

***IF!*** you think you can apply concealer right after applying this eye cream - you are wrong- it will feel sticky and hard to blend (tried and true). SO what I truly truly believe is that you have to let this cream completely sink in before applying ANYTYPE of concealer or eyeshadows etc. I usually let it settle 10 min before concealer

This eye cream has a thin consistency (thick, glossy, too greasy= you used too too much), all you need is a thin layer, little tiny dabs. Put a little bit at a time evenly across to cover the entire area. It has a slight smell - not too sure what it is but its not strong and I dont mind it at all. It comes in a small jar (no spatula) boo. But with a clean fingers, it can easily be applied.

Price - I searched at the local Shoppers Drug Mart $29.99, Marks work warehouse $29.99, and cheapest deal I found is Wal-Mart for $23.xx.

So if you are willing to let this product sink in and work its magic, go for it! But if your the type who is always on the go and doesnt have time to wait - I'd not recommend buying this for a day cream but use it as a night cream.

I am definitely buying again. Pls note* this is not meant for dark circles.

A terrible eye cream, gave little moisture, too much mica, and overall not very effective.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I decided to give this a go after I started noticing my usual eye cream is now irritating my eye area, don't know why, I have been using the same one for a year now. I'm guessing my skin is changing as I get older, any who I like this product doesn't sting, irritate or cause any redness or burning like my other eye cream. I haven't used this long enough to say if it did anything special, it just keeps my area soft and hydrated with no irritation, so its keeper in my book. I think I'll stick to natural products, my skin seems to agree with them. Now if I could just find natural makeup products to work/replace my whole collection, I would be a happy camper, but I don't think that's possible, lol plus I haven't found any of my makeup irritating in anyway, must just be something in the eye cream?? I'm just happy I found this cream :-) keeps me from looking like a freaky creep out a "the night of the living dead" movie! Haha

This stuff is so amazing. It smells ok and works wonders.

I have light dark circles and a bit of puffiness under my eyes.. and this helps just enough where I don't need any concealer. It comes in a very small container and it is a bit pricey for a drugstore item, but HEY! it works, so why not.

I really recommend this b/c who doesn't want a product that works and something that is widely available. Make sure you have a coupon or it is on sale because I paid $18.99USD and IT COSTS TOO MUCH for a drugstore brand.

I have bought quite a bit of Burt's Bees over the years, and have liked most, including the awesome peppermint chap stick. I wasn't expecting it to be quite so expensive, but I bought it anyway. I have tried the complete face lines of many name brand treatments, and have been disappointed... so I figured I would keep my receipt and could return it if needed. The first time I put it on, I could feel intimidate tightening around my eyes. I figured it was just a party trick so I was excited to check my eyes in the morning. I am shocked to say that the lines are greatly reduced, and my skin feels tighter! I hope this continues to be awesome!

I have tried many products throughout the years and I have to say this is one of the best. I found it while I was on vacation and needed a cheap eye cream fast. I am familiar with the Burt's Bees line and have tried many of the other products. This has completely gotten rid of my fine lines and brightened up under my eyes. I have oily/ sensitive skin but this absorbs very quickly and makeup goes over it very nicely. I am thrilled that a little goes a long way and is very reasonably priced. I would recommend this to a friend.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm not a fan of this product - I didn't even finish it.
It wasn't moisturizing enough for me during the winter and it stung my eyes, particularly my eyelids, and I was not using any other medications on my face at the time.
The consistency was weird as well.. not something that I am used to. I did feel like it relieved puffiness, but my dark circles were unaffected.
I will not purchase again and I don't recommend this for sensitive skin.

I'm editing my review on this product, as after using it for some time now I consider it a waste of money.

I just doesn't do anything. I'm sure it has a multitude of benefits in respect to the lack of chemicals, but I see no difference in using this versus not using anything at all. I'm going to stop purchasing this and keep looking for another eye cream.

I picked up this cream a few months ago when I noticed that the area under my eyes was getting really dark and dehydrated which gave the appearance of fine lines that I don't actually have. This is meant to be an illuminating under-eye moisturizer not a heavy duty anti-aging cream and it is wonderful for that purpose but if you want something to address aging and winkles this is not for you. It runs around $27CDN but you get a suprising amount in one little glass pot considering how little you use each time. I've had mine for two plus months now and I'm just about halfway through my jar. The cream is smooth, has a slight scent (nothing you notice once it's on) and is moisturizing without being oily or greasy. It gives me a very subtle sheen around the eye that really does brighten and lighten my dark tired eyes. Also, I noticed that after a week or so of using this my undereye area was well hydrated again and my would be fine lines had disappeared. I haven't had any problems with how this wears under make-up. In fact, I like to mix a little bit with thicker concealors to sheer them out and make them a little illuminating for the eye area. Overall this is a nice product that I will definitely be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The only thing this eye cream seemed to do was keep the skin around my eyes moisturized. I only used it at night because it was too greasy to wear under makeup during the day. It did not reduce puffiness or my dark circles, which is what I am looking for. I would not buy this product again, but I would recommend it for people who need extra moisture around their eye area.

Top Rated Treatments (Eye)