October 23, 2014 | 2154 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this in a swap and was very happy I got the opportunity to try this out, as I wanted to indulge into the mineral make-up stuff again. Got the "fair neutral" shade and the colourmatch was perfect for my "below NC15"-skintone. The coverage is pretty impressive as I was expecting somethin more transculent and the oil control is good too (nothig outstanding but good). Unfortunately this broke me out within 4 days, got 3 giant cystic pimples and I usually donīt get any breakouts since I started using the Meiji Amino Collagen a few months ago. It only happens when my skin reacts negatively on some products and as I wasnīt testdriving anything except of this, itīs pretty obvious who the culprit is
    I wished this would have worked for me because I like it so much but it unfortunatelly didnīt =/

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Pinkadelic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using EDM for 2 years or something like that - always get back to it! I have tried many different foundations/powder - Loreal, Maybelline, Kanebo, Clinique, Mac. I love how this just melts on my skin, and the color is perfect, I use olive medium ( NC42) Just ordered a new one + finishing dust and some couple of samples.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Zelicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used Bareminerals for about 5yrs. I was Fairly Light. I use this in Fairly Light Neutral (which is a bit darker than BE fairly light). I have been using this for over 6 months, I'm not exactly sure of the date I started I have since made 3 purchases from the website so it must be a while. I'm still on my first full container of the base but I needed some other things.

I really like it better than Bareminerals. It doesn't cause cystic acne and I don't think it makes me break out. I do suffer from mild acne but this doesn't make that worse. I feel the coverage is very good. I also have redness in my cheeks and it completely makes that go away. It's not the best at concealing scars left behind from acne but I think I look very natural and I get more coverage than I ever did even from liquids (Revlon color stay did not give me this much coverage).

This feels really smooth on my skin. I don't feel itchy or irritated like I did with BE and other liquids.

I love the container, even though I hated the sifters from BE I like this. It's very wide compared to BE containers and I use the lid a lot for mixing and packing the brush with product.

You really can't beat the price and quality of this product. I waited a while to review and I honestly have found my HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by jeannab88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was a fan for months. It is probably the best out of all the online companies, but that's not saying much. The coverage is okay, but there are some cons. Even with their oil control and setting powders, it still gets greasy all over fast. It also has a shine where it looks okay in one light, then bam, greasy in another angle.
    Also, this oxidized on me! I was using Golden Fair. The lightest color for yellow undertones.

Pro: It did not break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by breebree89

My all time favorite mmu!! I wear Light Neutral in the buff category. IMO, it's much better than bare minerals, which is what I used to use before discovering EM. I love the intensive formula for when I have acne marks that haven't quite faded, for extra coverage.

It's not so shimmery but helps brighten up your complexion. It doesn't make me oily or dry and it lasts all day, through any season. The only con I could think of is that I am not a huge fan of the packaging as it takes up space but I can deal with that. Definitely recommend this if you're in the market for mmu :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Everyday Minerals is a great company in general, they aim for costumer service! I went to their website and got my free sample of the Light kit and I fell in love with the intensive formula foundation. It covers so smoothly and evenly and I'm so happy with the formula type, the only draw-back was that the color was a little too dark for me so I have some other samples I order at $2.50 each! That is so check, shipping is even cheap, only $3! I'd say this formual top BE matte foundation in that it covers better and is more that half the price. EM also has a very wide range of shades to choose from which will make most customers very happy. The little sample jars a meant to last 5-7 days I think but I've been using my jar for about 3 wks and it's maybe half way gone. I haven't ordered the full size yet because I'm try to find the right color. My only complaint is that the sample jars are soooooo tiny, I have a hard time maneuvering my brush around. I actually got one of my smaller tupperware lids that didn't have a bowl and I tap the product into it a little at a time so I can get it on my brush better. Also what's great is that I'm oily skinned and while this doesn't completely mattify my skin it helps better than anything I've tried. Works super fantastic on my under eye circles too!

Edit: As it turns out I've discovered that Mica (the main ingredient in this) if AWFUL for oily skin, it gives the strangest shine to the face when your skin get oily. It's so not attractive. Wished this could have worked for me since it's relatively cheap but I just cannot handle looking like I've been spray painted with a yellowish gold shimmer.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by kellybui

terrible color consistency. i liked the sample so i went ahead and ordered two large sizes to stock up. the color was literally 4-5 shades darker. I emailed them and they admit that there was a color difference but did not offer replacement of any kind. they say that the difference in formula yeild different shade. wtf??? they should have put that on their website

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2010 4:33:00 AM More reviews by lucycat123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Fine I love it ,this product not to harm cutaneous and make the skin feels smooth

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

I just want to be clear that I love Everyday Minerals (way better than BE in priced and quality, much creamier and less dry). But this formulation is just not for me.

This product is also best used dry, not wet as with B.E.

It is good, don't get me wrong; it does last all day. However, I've tried all the formulations except Original Glow, and this one is the least buildable, actually providing less cover thus, then Semi-Matte and Matte.

So you girls want good coverage, and good oil control, I suggest Matte. I prefer the Semi-Matte because for oily/combo skin I believe it is the most buildable, but I love Matte for it's oil controlling properties. I ordered full sized foundations for Semi-Matte and Matte, I think I'll be mixing them (maybe 1/2 and 1/2) to get the most buildable coverage with good oil control.

The Semi-Matte formula gives a matte finish that looks most like skin, while the Matte formula is more of a typical dry matte formula with no reflective properties on your skin. (Tho semi-matte is NOT dewy, shiny, or glittery, just the most natural; matte is just best for oil control because it doesn't reflect light- as much?). Matte also becomes more like your skin throughout the day as it absorbs the oil, so if you have oily skin and not combo I definitely suggest the Matte.

The Intensive on the other hand, did not cover my redness. In fact the first time I tried Everyday Minerals I thought I'd like this formulation and I was quite disappointed until I used the other formulations.

I also like using the Semi-Matte with as my base with a light layer of Matte buffed over the Semi-Matte in my t-zone area. My face looks fresh and radiant this way, and the oil-control is still great!

I highly recommend Everyday Minerals not only for price, but it greatly suits many skin tones, is buildable up to a full-coverage foundation, lasts all day, and I don't have any problems with it oxidizing or any of that.

Before Everyday Minerals, I didn't think mineral make-up made my face have a "wow" factor. Semi-Matte and Matte make me think different about my skin when using Mineral Make-up!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Eliana78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. This product became an alternative for me when I found out that I had a horrible allergic reaction to the Bare Minerals foundation that contains Bismuth Oxychloride. I've used EDM for a few years now and I am very pleased. It gives me great coverage, it's light, and it works very well with my super oily skin. It doesn't break me out or make me itch either which was a terrible problem that I had with the Bare Minerals regular foundation. I was a little worried when EDM started using Lauroyl Lysine in their products but I have to say that even that didn't break me out and I get the same beautiful coverage that I always have with EDM intensive foundation. I like the new packaging as well..the half sifter with twist top so I can control how much or how little I want of the product at any given time. I also like the price. Though now that Bare Escentuals makes a matte foundation without the bismuth and it doesn't react to my skin and I do use it, I still keep my EDM around and just rotate the two. They both give great coverage..but come on.. you can't beat 12 bucks compared to 28. LOL! So EDM definitely beats out the Bare Minerals Matte as far as price is concerned hands down.