April 16, 2014 | 1964 users online

Bronzers - Bourjois - Delice de Poudre

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by ticklez88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a few bronzers and would say this one is okay, but not a first choice. I dislike the smell and it's takes a bit to build up. Does not have much staying power and I suppose it's not right for my skin tone, however I'd seen it compared to hoola which I have and love so thought it would be alright.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by ex0ticbarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

When I first bought this bronzer, like some other reviewers, I was unaware that it came in different shades. It was in a clearance bin at my local Shopper's Drug Mart and only cost $2. Previously I had been using a bronzer by Cover FX that a Beauty Advisor had recommended to me, but didn't like it since I thought it was too dark and orange for my skin. I have fair skin, but even though I am fair, I am still darker than most people with fair skin. My skin also has a yellowish-olive tint to it. When I tan naturally, I always tend to go golden and never brown so that is why self-tanners and bronzers that are golden-looking are always the best for me. This bronzer is amazing! I love the smell and it applies like a dream. It has never given me that dreaded muddy-looking or orange face and it is definitely buildable. It looks extremely natural too. When I went to Cuba, my body got extremely tanned and my face didn't get as dark so I layered this bronzer over my foundation until it matched my body. Nobody ever questioned me whether I was wearing make-up and thought that the tan was real! The reason why I also love this bronzer is because it has NEVER EVER broken out my super sensitive, acne prone skin. I have been using this bronzer every single day since summer of 2011 and it has not even hit the bottom of the pan yet. I would DEFINITELY repurchase this, even at its regular price!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by poppyface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

this was my first ever bronzer :) i have it in the lighter shade (51 i believe?), for reference i am NW20. it gives a lovely subtle glow to my skin, very natural. the tiny gold flecks are wonderful as they give my dull asian skin a bit of a boost. i use it as a contour as well as its quite matte. i love that its very natural as it goes on very lightly, but i feel like i have to spend ages swirling my brush into the bronzer just to get the colour. also the packaging is rather bulky (but rather cute, looks like a block of chocolate!), it's made out of hard cardboard, and i really wish there was a mirror to go with it, it would make life a hella lot easier. but overall i love this bronzer, its natural enough for me to wear everyday to school. ive used it for nearly 2 years and i still havent reached the pan! $30 AUD well spent imo.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by giggles1972

All I can saw is that this is my HOLY GRAIL bronzer. I would sleep with this product. Will Definitly repurchase. In the winter this is a life saver when I am really pale. I dont have too have 2 different foundations for different seasons. I use my regular foundation and just apply the bronzer so I dont look so white. And in the summer, this gives me such a great tan look without looking fake. LOVE

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by beccal30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After months of my friend raving to me about this product i finally caved in and bought it. At first I didnt realise there were two different shades (because im an idiot) and so ended up picking up the darker shade. I have very pale 'scottish' skin but the product has been amazing. It smells brilliant and is amazing value for money. I only use a tiny amount and blend it well and it gives me the glow my skin so desperately needs. I have since tried the lighter shade and found its too gold and a bit more shimmery than the dark shade, and almost makes me look a bit orange, so i would definately reccommend the darker shade no matter what skin tone you have!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by gemski107

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This bronzer is great...I'm an avid MAC bronzer user, but a friend recommended this for everyday use as it is so much cheaper and can be bought from any high street chemist. I am so impressed with the quality for the price.
Only downside is that there is no mirror!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by MsBeatrixKiddo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been my favourite bronzer for a while now, I am tanned and mixed race and use the darker shade (52) as it's only fractionally darker than my own skin tone and gives me a nice healthy glow if I'm a bit tired or haven't seen the sun for a while.

PROS
It has a very subtle amount of shimmer which is just enough to give the sunkissed look without making your skin look glittery in any way.
It also goes on quite subtly and builds well so you can decide how much of a bronzed look you want.
It copes well with my oily skin, lasts a good few hours and never settles anywhere which is a massive bonus to me.
It smells sweet and slightly chocolatey but isn't overpowering
It lasts AGGGGES
I have found I can reapply without ever getting the "caked on" look and it have never given me a breakout

CONS
The packaging looks cute when you buy it but since it is essentially cardboard, it gets bashed up quite easily.
If like me you carry bronzer around in your handbag make sure it's in a little pouch as the little magnetic strip which holds the palette closed isn't particularly strong and mine occasionally opens in my bag and causes a mess
There's no mirror...I've seen much cheaper bronzers include a mirror and the palette is more than big enough for one. I would forgive the other little cons if this one was fixed!

Overall the colour, quality, smell and the fact it lasts so long means I have already repurchased this before and will do again. It really is worth overlooking the minor downsides, especially if you can find it on sale anywhere!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by SAA2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this bronzer in #52
And I'm loving it!
It's not orange at all, it has shimmer to it but you can't even tell.
The color is really pretty, it makes the skin look glowy and healthy!
Smells like chocolate and it looks like a chocolate bar! how cute!!
I use it as an eyeshadow! works perfect
The only thing I dislike about this bronzer is that it wears off quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by le1chi

First of all, this bronzer is wayyy too overpriced in Canada, so instead I got a friend from the UK to send me one instead. I got this bronzer in #52 and I've been using it frequently. It looks a bit shimmery in the pan but it doesn't really show on the skin. Perfect for my skin tone and it gives a nice bronze glow. The smell is ok, it doesn't really bother me.

The only thing is that it's really hard to get a lot of product. I practically had to etch the top layer so I can get a decent amount.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by phospholipid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I came across this bronzer from Lisa Eldridge videos and boy, I'm really impressed! Finding a matte bronzer is rather hard, compound that by finding something suitable for fair skin. This one fits the bill for both!

The texture is rather dry I find but not too terribly layered on top of my sunscreen. It goes on totally matte although I can see some hint of shimmer particles on the compact, not much at all. The bronzer leans warm/neutral on my warm-toned skin. The scent is deliciously foody. Shade #51 suits my fair, NC25 skin.

Overall will buy again but alas! Bourjois is not readily available in the US. It took me months to finally ask a family member to purchase this for me from Canada.