July 25, 2014 | 1805 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Renew and Firm Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Interludes

This is my favorite St. Ives product, I hope it is never discontinued. My face absolutely glows after using the renew and firm scrub. The scent is pleasant and not overbearing, it doesn't linger on skin. It is not harsh at all and doesn't feel like it's scraping your skin raw like some scrubs may do. I will always buy this as long as it's available.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by francais25

It made my jaw breakout in whiteheads! Waste of my money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

~I picked this up at my local liquidation store for $1.99.....I use to use the original apricot scrub, but I found it to harsh- even every few days which was odd because my skin is not sensitive. I decided to try this and I love it! the tiny granules are not as harsh as the original and this can be used almost everyday, & it has a mild dose of Alpha Hydroxy acid, like my Nuetrogena healthy skin lotion which is great since Alpha Hydroxy improves the skin......I don't any difference right away after using this but I find it does make my foundation apply more smoothly and more luminous....I'm really happy with this~

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 10:31:00 AM More reviews by littlemisshollywood

I picked up the scrub for about three dollars at Wal-Mart while updating my skin routine. I was looking for this good ole staple but ended up trying this formula from St. Ives. I use this about every two or three days and occasionally I use it on my legs just because I find other scrubs to be too harsh. It's gentle enough for my sensitive skin. I don't notice a glow but my skin feels so soft and smooth after wards. I notice a huge difference in my make up when my skin is exfoliated. I'm quite pleased with this new formulation. I'd definitely recommend this to others!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by xmizlynnax

I meant to get the one for clearing up acne but accidently got this. I still used it and loved it as a daily exfoliator. My complaint is that after a couple weeks it smelled really bad, and I'm not sure why. Maybe I got it from a bad batch but it was so terrible I threw it out. It worked very well though and I'm going to try the other one that I meant to and hopefully have a better experience.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Geekette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to get one or two grotesque pimples like maybe every other week, Since using this I have probably had one, and its probably been like 2 months. And its pretty small.. and I have midterms and didn't shower or makeup remove for a night, which is probably the cause. Anyway its got little micro scrubbers like but they are few and far between, which makes it not half as painful as using original apricot scrub. And its cheap as hell. Wicked Awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Asil106

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'v tried many face products throughout my 20's (now 28) to get that healthy glow for my combination skin. Last year I spent a little more to buy the new Vichy product facial cleanser but it made my face breakout. After that, I decided to go back to something natural, St. Ives Apricot scrub. I saw an array of new St. Ives products and picked up the 'Renew and Firm Apricot Scrub'. My review on this is great because almost instantly my face seemed soft and smooth all over and it truly left a glow all-round. I've noticed a difference in redness as well. I use this product daily but do not scrub very hard. I follow with a light moisturizer. Great buy, great price and a company that's been around a long time but is never in your face - no pun intended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by yshah0621

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great, cheap, and very gentle scrub that can be used for everyday. great for people like me who have congestion in the t-zone. makes my skin glow

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by MissMisfitMary

This is not meant to exfoliate really so there are only a few granules of whatever in there. It smells okay and has never done me wrong. keeps dry skin away but doesn't dry me out or cause pain like "invigorating" face scrub.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2008 10:28:00 AM More reviews by rd_donaldson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got the Renew and Firm Apricot Scrub thinking it would make a good mask/ scrub. Please don't leave this on your face for an extended period of time! I left it on while I showered (about 15 minutes), and when I got out my face had little blister burns all over it! It took weeks for the chemical burns to go away. I use it now (put it on, and take it right off) and it really doesn't seem to work for me. It seems too creamy, and the scrubbing beads don't seem to remove anything. I do better exfoliating with a washcloth than with this stuff. I love the original formula or the medicated formula, but this stuff is just not for me!

When I use this, I get out of the shower to red, flaky, dry skin and pimples...I think I've just convinced myself not to use this anymore, and to give something less harsh a try!