Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

3.7

Active: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Inactive: Glycerin, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Zinc Lactate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Menthol, Fragrance, Potassium Polyphosphate, Titanium Dioxide, Carbomer

on 1/2/2013 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This has been a saviour for my skin. Although I don't breakout nearly as much as I used to, this has definitely made an impovement on my skin. I now only ever breakout at that time of the month (unfortunately for me, uncontrollable) but this gets rid of new breakouts after just two days! Cleans my skin super good. It is a cream cleanser so it doesn't actually lather but I use it with my Clarisonic Mia & it foams up like you wouldn't believe. Just gotta watch out for it getting in your eyes & stuff cause it stings like hell! The menthol makes my skin feel clean & fresh (combined with Clinique's Exfoliationg Scrub prior to this, it's the best combo in the hot Australian weather!) & my Clarisonic helps it get deep down into my pores. I only use this at night because I feel that using it twice a day would be too much & so that it can work its magic overnight as well. My current skincare routine has kept my skin looking good for longer than any other product I've ever used! The formula we have here in Australia is only 5% benzoyl peroxide unlike other countries where reviewers have said it's 10%. The 5% works well for me! I think any higher & my skin would no tolerate it at all.

on 11/1/2012 12:25:00 PM

I am 27 years old and have had acned since I was 15. I have literally tried every product that is available - Murad, Proactiv, Noxema, Neutrogena and even SkinID. Nothing has ever worked for me and those that helped a little bit dried out my skin terribly.

I bought this product after seeing all the great reviews on this site - and I'm so glad I did! My skin is finally starting to clear up, and I'm using less foundation to cover up my skin. Thankfully my skin tolerates benzoyl peroxide pretty well, but I can see this product drying out your skin pretty bad since it's a 10% strength cleanser.

I literally have 5 bottles stashed away in case they ever discontinue this!

on 8/30/2012 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I LOVE this stuff! This is the only product I have ever used that can actually control my acne! I've tried EVERYTHING. Proactive, clearasil, neutrogena, Acne free, Skin ID, you name it, I've tried it. This stuff is the BEST! I've been using this since I was 14 and am now 17. It does dry your skin out a bit, but since there's a high concentration of benzoyl peroxide in it, that kind of comes with the territory. Nothing a good moisturizer can't fix! I cannot go without this! HG cleanser!

on 8/28/2012 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't use this anymore. I used it when I was ten or eleven and started to get a few minor blemishes. I remember the tingeling feeling burning at first, but then it became bearable. Looking back, it may have been a reaction to using benzyl peroxcide on my sensitive skin. Anyway, I remember feeling really clean and refreashed after using this, and I don't remember any issues with belmishes after using this. I'm not sure why I stopped using this, I think my mom bought me something else, but I do remember really liking this. Would I repurchase? Not sure. I think that if you're just starting to get breakouts, this would be a life saver. It's cheap and effective.

on 8/22/2012 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Pros:
Got rid of all my pimples
Non-drying

Cons:
Left my skin oily
Broke me out in blackheads/whiteheads
Didn't do a good job in cleaning my skin
It's not oil-free

I personally didn't like this product. It got rid of all of my pimples but at the same time caused another problem by breaking me out in whiteheads/blackheads. I also felt like my face wasn't really clean when I used this because my skin would feel a bit oily and when I used my toner there would still be a lot of oils/dirt on my skin. I wouldn't recommend this.

on 8/4/2012 6:21:00 PM

BEST ACNE CLEANSER I HAVE EVER USED. I don't understand why this product is rated like a 3.4 or whatever it was, but this stuff is awesome(everyone's skin is different). It contains benzyl peroxide which is supposed to help a lot with acne, and it definitely helps. I have noticed since I started using this, I have almost no breakouts and my skin feels so much better. I love this stuff. It has been almost a year since I have been buying it because I don't want to go with anything else!

on 7/30/2012 12:47:00 PM

I started getting some cystic acne as I entered my early 40's. I did some research on what made the ProActive line so successful and noted that their active ingredients contained benzoyl peroxide. The solutions containing salicylic acid or triclosan weren't working for me, so before I invested in the ProActive line, I thought I'd try this one out. It works like a charm. My face cleared up almost immediately. Now, with three teenagers in the house, we go through Clean & Clear like water! Good thing the price is right ($4.79 at my local Target) It is working for them too, but my daughter needs to alternate washings with the Clean and Clear containing triclosan or her skin gets too red.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It has become harder and harder to find things with benzoyl peroxide. Salicylic acid does nothing for my acne. I have always had very acne prone, oily yet sensitive skin. I have used this almost every day for several years (sometimes I switch it up if I want a different scent or find something else on sale) and it controls my acne yet isn't harsh on my sensitive skin. I love this stuff and will continue to repurchase as long as I can find it.

on 7/24/2012 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've had acne-prone skin and very oily skin since I was 14 yrs old, I'm 23 now. As you can imagine I've tried dozens and dozens of different cleansers on my face over the years. So far this cleanser is the BEST I've found. My face is completely clear right now, and if I switch cleansers for a week the acne will start to come back, but if I go back on it it clears back up. I love this stuff, it has a creamy texture and it lathers very well. It smells pretty much like any acne cleanser, not bad but nothing great. The only thing is that it does not control my oily skin. I take spironolactone for that and I hardly get oily anymore. This cleanser is an essential part of my skin are routine. It cleans really well but sometimes I need to use a makeup removing wipe if I wear a lot of makeup one day. Highly recommended!

on 7/10/2012 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a non-foaming cream cleanser with 10% benzoyl peroxide & a lot of menthol.
--------------------------------------
THINGS TO NOTE:
(1) It is VERY heavy on the menthol to the point where it severely stings my eyes & even my skin if I leave it on for more than 20 seconds. I'm not even that sensitive to menthol!
(2) It is also very heavy on the benzoyl peroxide (10%). I used to use a 5% and a 10% wash from my dermatologist so I believe this is quite strong.
(3) High % of BP bleaches towels & clothing.
(4) Does not lather or foam.
--------------------------------------
CONCLUSION:
The cream aspect of this cleanser actually doesn't dry my skin out nearly as much as the ones from my doctor. It doesn't seem harsh on my skin (no adverse effects) even though the % of BP is very high. I find that the best way to use this product is to apply it on DRY skin since it doesn't foam & just slides around on a wet skin. This oddly doesn't stave off my acne as well as the Neutrogena Clear Pore 3.5% BP facewash. The higher % of BP does NOT make this product more effective so I'm going to stick with a lower percentage. Because of that & the crazy strong menthol, I would not recommend this product over the Neutrogena (which also has menthol but does not burn).