July 25, 2014 | 1930 users online

Shampoo - Clairol - Herbal Essences - Color Me Happy

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2010 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Pinkprincess1220

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this for a long time, I wasnt coloring my hair but loved the smell after awhile I noticed it wasnt doing anything for the product build up in my hair so I switched to drama clean. If I were coloring my hair I would go back to this because it smells wonderful and my hair did feel soft

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by xotsmoke

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo smells so great and keeps my color intact (thankfully). It's nothing special, but it has a great classic smell and it washes your hair. I'd only buy this if it was on sale, however.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by sushivorous

I used to color treat my hair and used this. It kept my color for awhile, cleaned well and kept it hydrated. The price is great, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by athousandhearts

I recently got highlights and decided that I should probably get a color care shampoo. I picked up this one from Herbal Essences because I've liked their shampoos in the past, plus I loved the smell! So far, I really like it. It seems to get my hair clean without stripping it too much. My hair always looks shiny after I use it, although I've been using the Long Term Relationship conditioner with it, which could contribute to the shininess.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by StupidCupid4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this shampoo because I like to put fun colored streaks in my hair from time to time. At the moment I have pink, and have been using this shampoo religiously. However, I haven't particularly been pleased with the results when it comes to color protection -- my color has faded dramatically in the past week. When I step out of the shower, it is extremely tangled, which surprises me since I thought color care shampoos were supposed to be conditioning.

However, as a daily shampoo for oily hair like mine, I'd recommend it. The smell is divine, probably my favorite of all the HE products. It really deep cleans and doesn't leave behind residue or gunk of any kind. I do have to use a good conditioner or detangler after the shower, though. So if you've got oily hair (that ISN'T color-treated) and you're looking for a nice daily shampoo that deep cleans and smells great, this shampoo is probably for you. I'd definitely buy this product again, just as long as I had no dye in my hair and used a conditioner/detangler afterwards.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by laurxrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this made my hair feel like straw. My hair wasn't color treated at the time so I can't say how it worked for that. But I would imagine color treated hair requires some moisture not a shampoo that dries your hair out. I had to use way more conditioner and detangler after using this shampoo to make my hair feel normal. It does smell great and my hair was clean

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by clorabits

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure how I feel about this product.

The shampoo leaves my hair feeling less weighed down than other brands do, as well as manageable. My color lasted a solid amount of time while using this shampoo, so that's a plus, and it cleans okay.

However, this may have been the cause of some of the scalp issues I was having. My scalp itched like crazy while using this. I already have problems with a sensitive, itchy scalp, but this made it worse. I just recently switched to another shampoo and the itch has subsided some.

So, I will not be repurchasing this product. Two stars only because it kept my hair in good condition for the low price and the color lasted. It may work for those who do not suffer from scalp problems, but for those who do, do NOT buy this product.

P.S. I strongly dislike the smell of this shampoo coming out of the bottle, too, which is weird because I liked the smell of the matching conditioner. Wonder if it's possible I got a bad batch...?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by sharopooks

I love this shampoo! It has a heavenly fruit/berry fragrance, it cleanses gently & effectively, it's non-drying plus it's kind to my hair color. I've tried Clairol shampoos that were too drying, or too heavy; this stuff is one (of a few of 'em) that is delightfully balanced to me. I happily have a place for this in my regular rotation!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a big pink bottle of FAIL. I did not like this at all. I bought this & the matching conditioner thinking it was the same as the original formula, but it is NOT. It sucks, honestly. It smells the same but it does absolutely NOTHING good for my hair. I only used it for about 10 days but in that short time it left so much buildup that my hair dye wouldn't take properly. It also dried my hair out so bad that I thought I would need another haircut, and made it dull & unmanageable.

I thought maybe my hair was just getting really damaged or something(it's been bleached & dyed a lot), but then I tried washing my hair really good with Prell, and voila- soft, shiny, manageable hair again. I tried dyeing it again after that, and whaddaya know- the color took right away. I use Manic Panic, BTW, which will work on ANY kind of hair no matter how damaged. This should show you how much buildup this junk leaves, if it could stop even Manic Panic from penetrating! This also stripped my color, despite being aimed at colored hair. Common sense would dictate that a shampoo for colored hair would aim to *preserve* the color, not STRIP it, right? FAIL. This gets a 2 for the lovely smell but other than that it's almost Pantene-level bad. Not the WORST I've ever had, but certainly far from the best.

*sigh* another shampoo/conditioner combo that I will use up on my dog. This really sucks! I loved the original HE but I can't find it anymore. It seems to have been replaced with this crap. Pity.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by skeletonpunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is too drying for me to use regularly, so I started using it once every week or two as a clarifying shampoo. Works great for that, but I wouldn't advise using it if you really want to keep your colored hair from fading - it will strip the color right out. But otherwise it's a pretty good shampoo, especially for oily hair.