July 23, 2014 | 2029 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Lycra Lash Extender

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am really liking the effect of this mascara as an everyday kind of mascara. It does a good job of lengthening, separating (without being totally spikey), and holds curl nicely. It is a true black mascara, but not a super deep ink black if that's what you are looking for. I wish it did more for volumizing. If it did, I think it would be pretty perfect. I'm a one-coat kind girl. Maybe if I used more than one, it would be more volumizing.
I do like the brush, and the price is right as well.

EDIT: am changing my verdict on this. this is so average and basic in every way. it does a good job of separating, but that is about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by bikinipeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually use this mascara as a second coat over a volumizing formula, concentrating on the tips, and it does exactly what I want it to do. It makes my lashes look super long and fanned out, and it really holds a curl well. On its own it makes my lashes look naturally long and defined. The formula is buildable and I really like the brush because it grabs every lash. If you like really dramatic lashes and don't mind an extra step, try the mix and match method with a volumizing mascara and you won't be disappointed. It's pretty on its own but I really prefer it as a length and curl booster over top of something like L'Oreal Voluminous or Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume. Trust me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Average mascara. Nothing special but not terrible either.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by orchestrated19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I actually forgot that I had even bought this product at one point. That's how little it stuck out to me. I mean it does what it says... extends the lashes. But it's not the best at separating or providing enough volume for a dramatic look. It also flakes pretty easily. Shame, Rimmel, shaaaaame!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim, and I love, love, love it. I prefer lengthening mascaras as my natural lashes are not too light, and not super thin, and I don't like to look like I have spider eyes (volumizing ones often look too spiky/spidery on me). The brush is different and it took me a little to get used to it but it really does a great job lengthening if you apply one coat at a time and then do the next coat. I start with one eye, do the other, and by the time I've done one coat on both it starts drying enough to pull the 2nd coat out on top of the first and build quite a long lash with the Lycra fibers in the formula. I have gotten 3 compliments on my lashes from people who wanted to know if my lashes were real. It wears well too. I don't have lashes that droop normally, my tend to naturally go up/out not down so I don't have any wearing problems with this formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by sdima001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara at target for $5-$6 at target. I have been looking for a really good lengthening mascara (not into too much volume right now). I have stick straight Asian lashes but with a little more length than average. I applied this mascara on bare, curled lashes. Looked really defined and pretty fanned out. Also good length. But, like all other non-waterproof mascaras, it began to droop. Paired it up with shiseido mascara base to help hold the curl and looked really great. No smudges or flaking. It looked natural, nothing too dramatic. And it was super soft! I am a dedicated maybelline full 'n soft mascara user and I find this comparable. Not as much volume, more length, but still very natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by shannon9900

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favourite mascara I've ever tried! i wouldn't say i'm a real make up guru an I usually buy cheap brands, but I've liked it a lot better than the maybelline, cover girl, avon, (japanese lash extender in red bottle), revlon etc. I found this really gives some nice length. The bad thing about it is it runs out a bit quick but I find it gives a lot of length. Ive been using this mascara for probably about 6 years or so now and its great! I sometimes have switched to others but I think this really defines lashes and gives some length. Not 60 % more like the bottle says but def is great!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by celevia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

this mascara was a fail for me, it probably would work ok if you already have decent length, but for my Asian lashes, i needed much more than just a mediocre piece of mascara, and it just did not deliver

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by smo111

I have used so many mascaras I cannot even count and this is one of my favorites. This mascara gives my short lashes so much length that people sometimes ask me if I'm wearing fake lashes! It doesn't dry out like a lot of mascaras, and is comparable to mascaras like DiorShow and Benfit's Bad Gal without the price. The only downside is the flaking that happens if you curl you lashes or when the mascara is getting a little old.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by chococat1010

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS MASCARA
though i still think there are better drugstore mascaras out there (like maybelline lash stiletto)
This mascara gives my short thin lashes AMAZING LENGTH <3. It doesn't clump and look natural rather than fake even if i have 2 or 3 coats on. SO CHEAP and you can find it anywhere.

Cons: doesn't hold curl and flake a bit at the end of the day