Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo

3.8

Oryza sativa (rice) starch, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, kaolin, silica, acrylates copolymer, tapioca starch, fragrance, oryza sativa (rice) brain oil, beta glucan, avena sativa (oat) bran extract, rice amino acids, magnesium carbonate, hectorite, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil, chloroxylenol. MAY contain: titanium dioxide.

on 1/25/2012 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Doesn't blend well into my roots even if I use the smallest amount and then brush and blow dry my hair. It is bright white and no better than using baby powder, but many times the cost. Also smells bad.

on 1/9/2012 11:35:00 PM

This product really absorbs oil and volumizes your hair slightly. Feels a bit minty and smells like lemon. I have long black hair which gets oily easily and I'm used to washing my hair twice a day. With this, I can actually skip a day or two. It doesn't really cause a greyish cast provided u use it properly. When you put the tip of the bottle on your scalp, don't press the bottle (otherwise you will get A LOT of powder coming out), instead just gently shake/tap and it will release just a minimal amount. Usually to finish up i'll put some powder onto my palms, rub it together and gently massage onto my roots. It doesn't really give you a clean washed hair feel but neither will you feel gunked up or sticky. The most important is the hair no longers looks oily and flat.

on 9/28/2011 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

HG! If only this weren't so expensive! Yes, this is a powder, but it blends so easily that the color disappears quickly in my dark hair. This not only eliminates the look of oil slick when my naturally oily hair needs a washing that I have to put off due to time constraints, it actually makes my fine hair more voluminous, and leaves it nice and shiny. And it smells utterly fantastic. I love lemon verbena, such a happy scent. Seriously, I feel like Rapunzel when I have the Pronto in my hair. I don't much enjoy touching my hair when I have this on - the texture looks great, but it's not smooth or soft to touch - but I can't afford this enough to abuse it by overusing it anyway. Bottom line, when I need a dry shampoo, this is the one I prefer to use, when I can.

on 9/23/2011 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I hated this product at first. In the beginning, I applied it by sprinkling the powder directly onto my roots. I have dark hair and the results left a powdery white cast. I put this away and didn't use it for a long time. I was using Batiste for a long time and while it's good stuff, it also has alcohol in it which dries out your hair. The whole reason why I started using dry shampoo is so I don't have to wash it everyday because that's very drying for the hair so using a dry shampoo with alcohol defeats the whole purpose for me. I'm switching back to non-spray versions so I decided to give this a try again. Instead of sprinkling this directly on hair, this time I sprinkled it on my fingers, rubbed it together and then patted/rubbed into my roots. It works sooo much better this way than putting directly on hair! I tried baby powder w/cornstarch (haven't tried talc because it's suppose to be bad for you) but it didn't have the absorbency power that this does. With the baby powder, my hair still looked kinda greasy and if I added more, then my hair did start looking powdery. With this, you don't need a ton and it absorbs the oil very well and virtually disappears with my new method. Plus, I love that this has tea tree oil in it, it makes me feel like my hair is a little cleaner.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I use this product for "spot-cleaning" my hair. My hair is very fine and there's not much of it, so it's easy to go-overboard with products. When I do, I just sprinkle a pinch of this in the greasy area to mop up the excess. Because I use this product only a pinch or two at a time, I buy the small size, which makes the hefty price tag bearable.

Like most of Oscar Blandi's products, it's scented with their "signature" lemon-verbena scent, which actually just smells like an old lady's bathroom that has been recently mopped with Pine Sol.

on 8/22/2011 9:18:00 PM

I have very oily hair if I don't wash it for one day, and this product does a decent job in keeping my hair not looking totally gross when I am in a hurry. I hate how it doesn't blend well (I have to put it on and rub it in, then get it wet so it doesn't show). It does have a nice citrusy scent, and it works quite well for touch ups. I also don't like how when I do use it (not matter how little I use) it flies in the air and gets on my clothes.

on 8/19/2011 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Well I've tried every dry shampoo on the market and this one is the best by far, even though it definitely has room for improvement. Pros: It really works, where no other dry shampoo I've tried even compares (I'm looking at you Alterna and Tresemme). The effect lasts for a couple days. My roots will stay perfectly de-greasified so I can get away with washing every three days. Cons: 1) it's really obvious - this stuff is WHITE - it shows up even on my blondest blonde. This is not for brunettes. 2) The fragrance is insanely strong and overpowering. 3) Messy messy messy - if you squeeze the bottle even a little, a huge puff will come blasting out and you will have white power all over your face and bathroom counter. The powder is very fine. 4) I think it dries my hair out a bit so I have to deep-condition more often. But overall, I'm happy with it and I will repurchase. Highly recommend for the blondes out there with limited time.

on 6/6/2011 2:27:00 AM

This dry shampoo doesn't make the cut for me, but is certainly not the worst I've tried.

PROS:
- smells fresh and citrusy
- rubs out pretty well - doesn't leave white streaks on hair behind
- does a moderately good job of cutting down oil

CONS:
- does not remove ALL oil, sometimes not by a long shot!
- builds up terribly on my scalp - seems to form little balls of product (even with a thorough brush-through)
- consequently (due to the previous two points) hair goes on feeling "dirty"
- does nothing to volumize or lift hair, as other dry shampoos do
- doesn't wash out of hair as well as other dry shampoos

In a pinch, this is an OK dry shampoo (my bottle travels in my purse for emergency situations). In my humble opinion, there are far better products available and at a more cost-effective price. I'm not likely to repurchase.

Bought this to help control my oily hair during the day. It works to control oil, but difficult to use with curly hair and blending since I cannot come through my curly hair without it frizzing. Got a small bottle and it does last forever. Will use when I straighten my hair, but will not repurchase.

on 5/6/2011 7:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I just got this and have tried it twice so far. I am going to keep using it, so that is a good start! I've tried several dry shampoos. The other two were aerosol, so it in that respect this is difficult to compare. They were T3 Orlando Pita and Bumble and Bumble. This one is white powder, whereas the other two were brown. I like the smell of this one, and the fact that it doesn't mattify my hair or make it feel weighed down and dirty.
So that probably means I like it. I I straightened my fine, thin curly hair, and I don't like to wash it every day. This works well on the day in between wash days.