December 18, 2014 | 1086 users online

Dry Shampoo - Oscar Blandi - Pronto Dry Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hated this product at first. In the beginning, I applied it by sprinkling the powder directly onto my roots. I have dark hair and the results left a powdery white cast. I put this away and didn't use it for a long time. I was using Batiste for a long time and while it's good stuff, it also has alcohol in it which dries out your hair. The whole reason why I started using dry shampoo is so I don't have to wash it everyday because that's very drying for the hair so using a dry shampoo with alcohol defeats the whole purpose for me. I'm switching back to non-spray versions so I decided to give this a try again. Instead of sprinkling this directly on hair, this time I sprinkled it on my fingers, rubbed it together and then patted/rubbed into my roots. It works sooo much better this way than putting directly on hair! I tried baby powder w/cornstarch (haven't tried talc because it's suppose to be bad for you) but it didn't have the absorbency power that this does. With the baby powder, my hair still looked kinda greasy and if I added more, then my hair did start looking powdery. With this, you don't need a ton and it absorbs the oil very well and virtually disappears with my new method. Plus, I love that this has tea tree oil in it, it makes me feel like my hair is a little cleaner.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this product for "spot-cleaning" my hair. My hair is very fine and there's not much of it, so it's easy to go-overboard with products. When I do, I just sprinkle a pinch of this in the greasy area to mop up the excess. Because I use this product only a pinch or two at a time, I buy the small size, which makes the hefty price tag bearable.

Like most of Oscar Blandi's products, it's scented with their "signature" lemon-verbena scent, which actually just smells like an old lady's bathroom that has been recently mopped with Pine Sol.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by angelinuh

I have very oily hair if I don't wash it for one day, and this product does a decent job in keeping my hair not looking totally gross when I am in a hurry. I hate how it doesn't blend well (I have to put it on and rub it in, then get it wet so it doesn't show). It does have a nice citrusy scent, and it works quite well for touch ups. I also don't like how when I do use it (not matter how little I use) it flies in the air and gets on my clothes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well I've tried every dry shampoo on the market and this one is the best by far, even though it definitely has room for improvement. Pros: It really works, where no other dry shampoo I've tried even compares (I'm looking at you Alterna and Tresemme). The effect lasts for a couple days. My roots will stay perfectly de-greasified so I can get away with washing every three days. Cons: 1) it's really obvious - this stuff is WHITE - it shows up even on my blondest blonde. This is not for brunettes. 2) The fragrance is insanely strong and overpowering. 3) Messy messy messy - if you squeeze the bottle even a little, a huge puff will come blasting out and you will have white power all over your face and bathroom counter. The powder is very fine. 4) I think it dries my hair out a bit so I have to deep-condition more often. But overall, I'm happy with it and I will repurchase. Highly recommend for the blondes out there with limited time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This dry shampoo doesn't make the cut for me, but is certainly not the worst I've tried.

PROS:
- smells fresh and citrusy
- rubs out pretty well - doesn't leave white streaks on hair behind
- does a moderately good job of cutting down oil

CONS:
- does not remove ALL oil, sometimes not by a long shot!
- builds up terribly on my scalp - seems to form little balls of product (even with a thorough brush-through)
- consequently (due to the previous two points) hair goes on feeling "dirty"
- does nothing to volumize or lift hair, as other dry shampoos do
- doesn't wash out of hair as well as other dry shampoos

In a pinch, this is an OK dry shampoo (my bottle travels in my purse for emergency situations). In my humble opinion, there are far better products available and at a more cost-effective price. I'm not likely to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Lizzieloveslipgloss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this to help control my oily hair during the day. It works to control oil, but difficult to use with curly hair and blending since I cannot come through my curly hair without it frizzing. Got a small bottle and it does last forever. Will use when I straighten my hair, but will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by DeborahTX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just got this and have tried it twice so far. I am going to keep using it, so that is a good start! I've tried several dry shampoos. The other two were aerosol, so it in that respect this is difficult to compare. They were T3 Orlando Pita and Bumble and Bumble. This one is white powder, whereas the other two were brown. I like the smell of this one, and the fact that it doesn't mattify my hair or make it feel weighed down and dirty.
So that probably means I like it. I I straightened my fine, thin curly hair, and I don't like to wash it every day. This works well on the day in between wash days.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

So... I give this a 3 because it's my first dry shampoo and I am not totally sure what to compare it to. I typically only was my hair 1-2x a week, but after the Keratin treatment, my hair is getting oilier and flatter faster, so I tried this aerosol sample (which another reviewer said was worse than the actual product). I spray it into my hair in sections around the 4th day, usually the day before I shampoo again. It doesn't really amaze me, but maybe I am asking too much...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by crambeary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a HG product for me. It works great, lasts a long time, smells great, does what I need it to do.

My hair is naturally blonde and wavy but I wear it straight a couple times a week.
I section my hair off with a comb and do strips at a time, dotting this on and then brushing/ pulling my hands through to distribute. I focus more on my crown/ bangs because that's where I tend to be oiliest (I touch my bangs a lot out of habit :/). This also helps to brighten up my blonde, which I love. I would imagine this works best with light blonde hair.

I have tried the aerosol version of this and was not impressed(I bought a duo at Ulta during the holiday season- it came with a jumbo powder and a mini aerosol). I really love the powder version. It has lasted me a long time and really helps me to only wash every two days. I've tried lots of dry shampoos and this is the best ime.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by kmarisms41

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Helped my greasy roots but it was hard to get the white powder not to show. i had to shake and brush my hair out for like 5 minutes