October 22, 2014 | 1403 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Sephora - Eye make-up remover

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i'm reviewing the Sephora FACE Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover. anyway, i bought this mini bottle (1.69 fl.oz.) of eye makeup remover at Sephora last August when i was trying to use up a $50 giftcard. i didn't really need any eye makeup remover seeing as how i have always been faithful to my Clinique Take the Day Off, but it was cheap and i decided on it for stashing in my purse in case i ever needed it. it's sat untouched until recently when i found it and got curious about how effective it is. well, let me tell you-- this eye makeup remover is absolutely fabulous!!! the night i tried it out i had on a full load of eye makeup, i'm talking layers of TF Lash Injection mascara, MAC Blacktrack fluidline, eyeshadow- the works. it completely dissolved my makeup in mere seconds and swept it cleanly away sooooo effortlessly. there was absolutely no tugging or scrubbing required, i simply pressed the cotton pad onto my eye to moisten the makeup and loosen things up and then gently swept it all away. when i wear winged black liner, i have to push it down into my lashline since my lashes are blonde and the roots need darkened, and this makes it extremely difficult to remove. usually after using 2 cotton pads soaked in Clinique's remover and various q-tips, i'm still left with smudgy eyes the next morning which really grosses me out as i'm kind of fanatical about removing all my makeup before bed. the night i used the Sephora remover it only took ONE cotton pad for BOTH eyes and even the tough, wedged-into-the-roots liner melted right away! it was fantastic! and another important point, although this makeup remover is an oil+water version, it didn't leave my face overly greasy and the residue it did leave behind washed away easily with my cleanser. to top things off, the price of this makeup remover is great: a mini bottle for $3 and only $10 for the regular size! i can't imagine what everyone else is using and reviewing so negatively, maybe they're trying the non-waterproof formula? i don't know, but Sephora has won me over with this product. i will definitley repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by SnunkyB

This is the worst eye makeup remover I have ever used. It barely gets off non-waterproof mascara. It stings a little when I get it in my eye. I am returning this. I got it because it was cheap, but I will be getting something else instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Aidge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this to break my habit with Biore makeup removing face wipes (Biore changed their formula a few years ago and the smell is more medicine-y and I stopped loving it the way I used to when it first came out.) But this Sephora liquid ($6) was awful and did not take off my makeup (Maybelling Great Lash... not even the waterproof kind). It wasn't greasy, but it didn't work and it burned my eyes. Also, my eye lashes felt brittle afterwards like they've been stripped of their natural oils. I'll continue using Biore until something better (but still reasonably priced) comes along.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by peacegiraffe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is terrible! It takes me forever to get my eye makeup off with this stuff and it burns my eyes! I'm going back to Clinique Take the day off!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by glowkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because their old formula was great, but this is just terrible. :( It burns my eyes and eyelids and doesn't even take off any makeup! I don't ever use it but I want it to be gone. Don't buy this!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2008 6:43:00 PM More reviews by kristenleigh3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

AWFUL! This is Hands down the worst eye makeup remover I have ever tried. I bought this because someone told me that it is what Sephora uses in their store at the tester station, which I though I remembered being really effective. Well...not the case!! I had to rub so hard to make my eyeliner even budge, and it didn't even touch mascara (non-waterproof!). I agree with the reviewer before me who said that it is hard on your lashes, I lost a lot of them while using this. Also, it really stung if I used too much/got it in my eye...and my eyes are far from sensitive, I can only image how bad this would be for someone with sensitive eyes, I would strongly urge these people not to try this. The only good thing about this product is the cute packaging. I gave this product a very fair chance too, I used the entire bottle (so glad I finished it last night...yay!) I am really glad I only bought the travel size because I was debating on the larger one.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by melodious

Terrible, ineffective - doesn't take off my make up which is, after all, the WHOLE point!
Don't waste your money. it also is hard on lashes.
Never again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by eternalstarangel

I didn't actually buy this product myself, but my sister did. I tried this on several occasions to remove my makeup and it really doesn't do a good job at all (my sister's raccoon eyes when she wakes up in the morning and after she showers should have been a good indication of this, but I always assumed she did a really lazy job removing her makeup) Anyways, I tried this product again last night and it took a lot of hard rubbing just to remove all of my eyeshadow, and it really didn't make my mascara budge much, and I wasn't even wearing waterproof mascara yesterday. The result was a bunch of mascara left under my eyes after I washed my face....which was a pain in the butt when you're really tired after a night out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by tsunamino

I'm shopping around for a new makeup remover, and thought I'd try this one since Sephora stocks it everywhere. What a terrible idea! It took more rubbing than necessary and I wasn't even wearing waterproof mascara! It's cheap, but not effective. Would not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2008 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Mclark05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product did nothing to remove my eye makeup! It hardly smudged my mascara...the towelettes are much more effective