July 25, 2014 | 1926 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by heathrey

Just another "nothing" product. It really does nothing except look nice on a dresser and make your skin feel a bit nicer. Waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by cam0225

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Itchy face! Must be allergic to something in this product. I had the same reaction to bare minerals makeup. The product itself goes on smooth and smells of fresh lemon (like cuticle care from Burt's bees). I didn't see a difference in my face lines or texture with product on. Will return today- can't stand the itchy feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by vinefit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this so called Primer/Matifier for some time now but haven't seen the light. Lately, I'm working in a different environment & its hot, summer here & I sweat a lot. When I used this on top of my foundation or BB Cream, it smooth out the pores, matify with a hint of sheen. It also make the foundation last longer.

If you apply it right, it will do the job as stated. The best way is to pat & roll the product using the sponge. Never slap & smooth & rub it in. This will make the product flakes. By doing patting & rolling, you push the product in & set the foundation without the need of setting powder. It also slightly lighten the foundation colour but when the foundation oxidised , the colour will be right.

As I notice, when I sweat (I mean really sweating), the makeup still look kind of fresh but no longer matt. To refresh, I just used a tissue & gently pressed & soak up the sweat & oils, voila......perfect again. Genius invention.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Elyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really good primer that doesn't cause you to breakout. I noticed that when I use this under my foundation, I don't get oily at all. I like the packaging better in a squeeze tube rather than the tin tub. It's a little pricey though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hated this. I used it as stated on the packaging - applying it over my makeup. I assumed this would be like a gel version of a translucent powder. I think that was the intention, but for me this left me actually shiny and greasy. I did not like how this smoothed on and instead it looked like I missed some spots. Very overpriced, useless product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2012 5:09:00 AM More reviews by elainegel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Shnnn.

Really wanted to love this. I got this with Playsticks and in the shop all was well. It stuck about!

But I just didn't like this.

Cons (for me)

The application. I'd prefer a pump.
The feel - Silky at first but can be quite flaky
The look - an hour of so in and it seems to be patchy in some areas

I did like the cute pot, as always, and I enjoyed the idea of it, but for me, bit of a no.

Sorry Benefit - i love you. xx

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by barbraella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am surprised with how many negative reviews that this has gotten i find this to be one of the best primers i have ever used,i noticed that some people have said that they dont know what this is for i reackon it is good as a primer before you put on your foundation which you blend with the sponge that comes with the tin,it really helps with smoothing your pores and controls oil aswell and i sometimes used it over my makeup by patting lightly to get rid of excess shine,i wouldnt recommend it to women with dry skin since it is mattifying (i reackon that gal is better for drier skin) also it is insanely expensive in australia about 55 aus dollars so im rarely able to get this but overall i think that this is a good product and once you get the hang of it you may change your mind.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by jakelovesmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Terrible. This is probably one of the worst primers I have come across. Initial touch, it feels silky smooth...quite impressive. However, as soon as it is applied onto the skin under makeup, it creates an oily under surface causing the makeup to slide around the face. The only people I can see this product working for is extremely dry skin. However, for a primer for anyone who has any amount of oil in their skin, this is not the product for you.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by notfalling028

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's one of my favourite primers but I don't suggest that you try it unless you have dry skin as it is very rich for a primer and I can't say if it offers any oil control. it does the job though, has pretty natural ingredients and the smell is strong but not annoying. The packaging really frustrates me though as the lid gets stuck way too often and it's also not very hygienic to have your primer in a jar.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by TwirlyGirly1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know BeneFit makes a "mini" Dr. Feelgood which is sold at Sephora, but my local store was sold out of the minis on the day I shopped. So, one of the Beauty Advisors loaded up one of their sample containers for me to take home and try (and I suspect that sample container probably holds about as much as the "mini" I was prepared to pay 9.00 for, so thank you, Sephora!)

The texture of Dr. Feelgood *is* different from similar products, which are usually a gel. Dr. Feelgood is like a paste, which softens from the warmth in your skin and feels powdery after application.

Dr. Feelgood can be used both under and over foundation. (Under foundation when applying your makeup initially, then over foundation *after* blotting oil, for touchup later in the day).

It's very important NOT to use too much of the product. I'm testing it to try to control my oily forehead, and to minimize the size of the pores and oil breakthrough on my cheeks near my nose. If you know the size of the sample containers at Sephora, I've been testing Dr. Feelgood every day for a week now and I've about used 2/3 of the container. If the product is not absorbing into your skin almost immediately when you apply it, you are using too much. You'll see the mattifying effect right away.

To use to touch up oil breakthough during the day, it's really important to first blot away any excess oil using oil-blotting paper (this is true whether you're touching up with Dr. Feelgood, powder, or any other product). Then, take a tiny bit of Dr. Feelgood on your fingertip (I usually rub it between two fingertips to warm and soften it), then tap it onto the oily area. If you try and rub or spread it on, it WILL move around the makeup underneath.

Insofar as the scent - at first, it reminded me faintly of Vick's VapoRub. But then I read another reviewer who said it's scent is of the herb rosemary, and I think she hit the nail on the head. However, I admit I base my reviews of products on performance, not on scent, because I've yet to buy a product (other than perfume, of course!) whose scent lingers more than a minute or so on my skin. I'm just not in the habit of sticking my nose into my makeup. So, it's not a big concern of mine.

I think Dr. Feelgood does a great job at controlling oil and minimizing pores. Thus far, it hasn't made me break out. At this time, it looks like I will be purchasing the full size Dr. Feelgood when I've used up my sample.

I'm giving it four lippies because I haven't tested *every* mattifier on the market, so I don't know for certain if there isn't one out there that can prevent oil breakthrough for an entire day, with no touch ups required. I sort of doubt such a product exists, though!