BeneFit Cosmetics Dr Feelgood

2.4

Corn Starch Modified, Diethylene Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isosteryl Meopentanoate, Silica, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Diethylene Glycol Diisononanoate, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobili) Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Ascorbyl Palmitate

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I guess I seem to be the only one with a positive experience! I love this stuff.

I have a pretty oily t-zone, regardless of whatever kind of primer, foundation, moisturizer, BB cream, you name it - I turn into a greaseball. I've been trying to find SOMETHING that helps, but just haven't had any luck. I decided to pick this up on a whim despite the negative reviews and the price tag.

I apply it after my primer (Benefit's "That Gal") by pressing my fingertip into the balm for a few seconds to warm it up. With the small amount of product I pick up, I gently pat it into the areas I know always get shiny. I have read NOT to swipe it or rub it on, so I haven't tried this method to see if it makes anything worse/better since patting it on has worked pretty well so far.

After, I let it sit for a few minutes to make sure it's dried and/or sunk it (whatever it needs to do!) and then apply my Tarte BB cream as usual. I've found that I don't need to really put any setting powder on over, and normally just leave it now.

I have noticed, however, that you do need to moisturize pretty well. I had stopped using a good moisturizer to see if that helped with my oiliness and this product clung to every dry bit and made my makeup look pretty bad. However, after returning to a normal moisturizing regimen, everything worked normally.

Overall, I am very happy with this product! We'll see how long it lasts to determine of the cost really is enough, but with this product, a little bit goes a long way!

Didn't like this product at all. Such a waste of money. Doesn't so anything for me and so very hard to get out of the tin. Leaves a horrible powdery residue on my skin and when applying over make up I feel that the sponge just lifts my make up off.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Holy Grail! I was a bit skeptical to try this at first, especially for the slightly steep price tag, but I finally went for it and am so glad I did! My search is over!
I have oily skin and found no matter what my foundation was looking a little cakey and runny by the end of the day, not with this stuff!
Didn't make me break out at all, love the smell, and the packaging. I think the trick is all in figuring out how you like to wear it (over/under makeup) but I find it works best with the sponge when you pat it on, not rub.
will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I wish I could give it a zero. Luckily I got this as a gift from my friend. What a crap it was! I couldn't find anything good about it. Hard to apply evenly, suffocated my skin, cause pimples like crazy. I gave it to another friend and she didn't like, either.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loved this product! I have really greasy skin meaning i have always avoided wearing make-up because it all just slips off and looks ridiculous. I read many reviews of this and people generally hated it as a product but I decided to buy it and im so glad i did. The product really keeps the grease at bay once you get the application technique right. I don't rub it into my skin but pat it on, this makes it last longer and sit better on the skin. The sponge that comes with it is really soft and good for application and i recommend washing it every week to keep it clean. The only downside to this product is the tin which can be hard to open. Other than that, this product is perfect for me!!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I used to use Smashbox Anti-Shine but that product was discontinued. The makeup artist recommended Benefit Dr. Feelgood to me as a similar alternative to control shine. I find the price pretty steep (almost $40 Canadian) but you do get a lot of product. It'd be nice if the packaging had another layer to place your sponge. I keep the protective paper layer in there so the sponge isn't sitting on the product. I like the lemon-y smell and I don't find it bothersome. I use the sponge and with a couple swipes of the product, pat it onto my T-zone as a base (if I wear foundation, I put the foundation ontop). It's subtle enough to look like I have nothing on, but I consider it a good shine control product. Normally, I look like I have pools of oil sitting in my pores but this does a great job at controlling that. It also doesn't make my skin breakout. Will buy again.

Despite other reviews I really like this product. I have super oily skin and by the end of the day my skin is pretty shiny which causes my foundation to not sit well. I find when I put this under my foundation there is less oil by the end of the day, and my foundation stays in place.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros - covers pores, doesnt break me out
Cons - doesnt control oiliness for me
I use it with the sponge provided under my powder foundation, will try putting it over as recommended here

Absolutely useless... I don't understand the concept of this product, except the classic packaging, there is nothing good about it. It's hard to apply, either before makeup or after makeup; it does nothing but creating a cakey face, either applied with makeup or without makeup; it gets so dirty after a few uses, doesn't matter how often I wash the sponge, or use clean figure to apply. I hate this product so much that after a long time of struggling, I finally throw it out like my friend did. There're tons of products in the market that can do a much better job than what this one claims to do, and with a cheaper price, easier application, more hygienic concept and free from harsh chemicals.

I will not be surprised if they discontinue this product like many other completely useless products from benefit I've used (Georgia blush, D'Finer D'Liner...) Please stop attracting people with the cute packagings and wasting people's money on these ridiculous products!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was hesitant to try Dr. Feelgood after reading a lot of bad reviews. However, I must say that I am pleasantly surprised! It took me a while to figure out how to use this correctly. I use it over my makeup..just in the T zone area. I dont like the little applicator pad that comes with it. I use my fingers to dab it on my nose and chin and then use a kabuki brush to buff it into my skin. It leaves me oil free and flawless for the whole day. I love the smell too. It is expensive but one pot will last you a LONG time

Popular Primer/ Correctors