September 23, 2014 | 1576 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by midoriclarkbaba

I really liked this mascara because i found that i only really needed one coat to make my eyelashes look nice, but when i wanted a more dramatic look i could easily layer another coat on top without it becoming gross and clumpy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Yeezytaughtme

this is my HG mascara. i have yet to find a better drugstore mascara. this makes my lashes longer and darker. i have to stress the importance of buying the WATERPROOF one, the regular one does not have the same effect! I dont know why, but the non-waterproof one just doesnt work, the WATERPROOF carbon black is awesome though, i highly recommend! p.s. i read kim kardashian's makeup artist uses this for her long lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp_0507

I like this mascara because it gives my lashes good volume and is a very pigmented black. I don't like the clumping and smudging after an hour or two. It doesn't lengthen or separate lashes well. I have short straight forward down lashes btw.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Ladydeemone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Holy grail product for me. It really does volumize my lashes. The only negative I could say about this product is I wish the brush was a bit smaller. I find it clumps sometimes if I'm not careful. I like to layer my mascara and when I do with this my eye lashes are thick and long and I honestly get asked all the time if my lashes are fake lol. LOVE IT!!! Lately I have been usine L'oreal Telescopic Mascara to help seperate the lashes and then I go over it with Voluminous and that is the ultimate combo!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

This product is 2.5/5 for me. It volumized my lashes and somewhat lengthened them but it smudges really badly. I don't know why it does in comparison to the regular loreal voluminous. It also didn't hold my curl well.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by cardenasjess

This product just wasn't what I expected. I have normal length, but thin lashes that are very stick straight. I curl them with my curling wand before any application of mascara and if it's a good mascara it usually holds my curl, but with this mascara (although I bought it waterproof) it just didn't hold a curl at all. In fact, this mascara made my lashes look really wet and it weighed them down a lot. I'm sure it would work well with thicker longer lashes though, but unfortunately this product is NOT for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by readysetgo10

I only bought this mascara because it was on sale and I wanted to experiment with mascaras. I bought it for around $4.50, but usually it's $8 which is standard for a drug store brand I believe.

The formula is pretty wet--I'm assuming that it works well for people with naturally long and curly lashes. But for mine (which are sparse and grow straight downwards), it didn't do much at all. I spent around 5-7 minutes laboring to get the mascara to possibly hold a curl, but after a minute or two my lashes would just come back down again, even after several coats. After a while they just started to look like spider lashes, so I gave up. The mascara doesn't do much on its own, but if I layer it over a drier formula, it does make my lashes look a bit thicker. However, it doesn't make THAT much of a difference.

As for the packaging...pretty simple and standard. Not pretty. I'm not complaining though, I really don't need a pretty package for something that's supposed to do another job.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by rburney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a little better than average on my curly lashes and oily lids. It runs a little in the summer, but I'm willing to tolerate it when I can't splurge on my HG Diorshow Blackout. This is the blackest black I've been able to find at the drugstore. The only other negative is that the lettering on the tube wears away, but by then it is close enough to replace by date that it doesn't matter.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am an HE mascara girl and only rarely use DS brands. I find DS brands almost always pale in comparison to HE as, among other things, they are never black enough. Well, Voluminous is one of the few DS brands that I do like and since I'm a sucker for really black mascaras, I had to try L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black. I wanted to love it so I could stop having to spend extra $ on HE mascaras but it just didn't cut it for me. It is very black, I'll give it that, but it's also very wet & shiny. I suspect as it ages, it dries up and is less wet & shiny but I couldn't stand it long enough to find out. I returned it. I gave it 3 lippies because the brush is great (big, traditional, bristle brush) and it is a truly deep, black mascara. Too wet and messy for me though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love to try new mascaras and this one has been on the top of my To Try List. Yes, this is as it claims -- very carbon black. It darkens my lashes well. It does give volume, not length. I find that it's kind of clumpy and I have to wipe excess product on the back of my hand before applying. I don't mind doing this, but honestly -- I'd rather use my Jordana Best Lash Extreme to get these same results PLUS length, for less money. So, this is a nice mascara, but not one I'll be repurchasing.