September 30, 2014 | 1854 users online

Gels/Soaps - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As far as value goes this is the best body wash. It's not as moisturizing as I would like but its really good considering the price which explains the high ratings imo. It hasn't ended my quest for the most moisturizing body wash yet though. I think this is rating so high just because its so cheap but still doesnt compare to the more expensive, more moisturizing drugstore body washes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by orcuttjm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite body wash of all time. Moisturizing on my dry skin, even in the winter. Nice light scent that is not too overpowering. I usually buy this at the grocery store for $2 and it lasts 3-4 months. It also does not make my skin itchy, which lots of other soaps do. I use this in the shower 3-4 times a week with my Salux scrubbie and my skin is a million times better. More moisturized and ingrown hairs gone forever!

Edit: Forgot to add, this body wash is also thick enough to shave with. I've gotten rid of my shave gel altogether. Will continue to buy as long as this body wash exists.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

Stripped my skin down, i got a huge red rash from this and dry leathery skin, would not recommend to those with sensitive skin .. I thought because it had oatmeal in it my skin would calm down but it did the opposite .
I have eczema on the inner folds of my arms btw

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

I got this on sale at a drugstore for about $ 4 (which is a lot less than I usually pay for body washes) and thought, what could possibly go wrong?
Well, my first peeve is the smell - I find it cheap and cloying. Even worse, though, is that something in the formulation is irritating and I ended up with an inflammation "down there". I guess you get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by microems

I have gone through probably, 4-5 bottles of this product. I keep coming back to the St. Ives body washes. It really cleanses my skin very well, and doesn't dry my skin out. It doesn't make my skin (chest/back) break out. I like the smell, the consistency, the lather and most of all the price. Once in a while I will try other body washes, however I always come back to St. Ives.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by scarletfire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this body polish! I can use it everytime I shower and it doesn't dry my skin out. It is very moisturizing and it smell wonderful! But make sure you rinse the shower out as it can become very slippery.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Hands down one of the best body wash on the planet!
I have yet to find anything else that even comes close to the smell, feel, wash, and price of this body wash.
Try it, you will not be dissapointed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I really love this body wash - it leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized. I have pretty dry legs, so this helps keeps them hydrated better than any other shower gel/soap I've used. Highly recommend if you have dry skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by shellj5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The only body wash I can use! I have eczema and very sensitive skin so I really have to be careful in what I use. This has been terrific! The scents very mild, lathers beautifully, feels wonderful and best of all, never irritates my skin. I've used this wash exclusively for two years and it leaves my skin clean but moisturized. I adore this wash simply because it's basic and effective and no irritation. I pour some on my bath sponge and just enjoy my shower. If you have skin sensitivities, I highly recommend this and again, the scent is subtle and very soothing but you almost can't smell it unless you put your nose directly to your skin which is an added bonus. Love love love this!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by edgeofadream

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I wasn't too thrilled with this. I quickly grabbed some at the local drug store when i went to visit family in Palm Springs. The smell to me, is an off putting fake, plastic, vanilla-oatmeal scent and the body wash itself seemed like a typical, run of the mill body wash. Nothing special.
The price was ok, but i have used even cheaper body washes that were just as good and smelled better.