September 15, 2014 | 1792 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nothing else heals my cuticles when they are chapped and split. Or prevents them from cracking. I massage this ointment on before typing and when I'm finished, my cuticles feel nourished and comfortable. I apply this on my cuticles too just before removing nail polish so they don't dry out. I always buy the travel sized packets so I can take them with me anywhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by bluebelleyes

I've been using this product for almost two years. I had chronic dry, chapped lips my whole life, and frequent breakouts of angular cheilitis. My dentist noticed my condition during a checkup, and reccomended this. :) Since using this product my lips are soft, full, smooth, and I can go hours without reapplying, when before I would have to apply lip balm religiously, every half hour or more frequently. I have had no issues with the angular cheilitis since using this, thankfully ! It can be used as a hand cream, on cuticles, feet, etc. I only gave it four lippies just because lanolin is notorious for clogging pores. When I forget and kiss my boyfriend with this on, and then he kisses my face or shoulders I breakout.:( Also sleeping, it can smudge onto your face from your pillow, so be cautious if you're acne prone!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by TheSnowQueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best treatment for my dry cuticles. My favorite way to use this is to apply over pure shea butter, magic!! Also great for lips and feet.
It doesn't take much and this tube will last you a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by OverTheHill

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I discovered this stuff when I was browsing the 'latest reviews' a few weeks ago. I was queueing up to buy it when the shops opened the next day,and of all the things I've ever lemmed (lemminged??) over on here, this one was everything I'd wanted it to be and more. Since I was three I've been a lip picker, and when I was stressed could reduce my bottom lip to looking like a plate of steak tartare. I'd got a bit better, but my lips were still dry, cracked and swollen, and little edges of skin would have me picking all over again. My only complaint about this stuff - I've nothing to pick any more! Lips are smooth, moisturised, and vastly reduced in size (swelling caused by the picking used to lead to a trout pout as well - nice).
Since I got this my other lips balms have sat unused, and I can't see me ever going back to them.
The only downside is the consistency of this stuff. In a reasonably temperate climate (the UK :-) ) it was so thick I couldn't get it out of the tube, and nearly gave up on it after a day and a half. Swearing at your skincare is never a good place to be! OH squeezed it out into some small screw top travel pots for me. Pots rather than tubes isn't an issue for me, but I know it is for some people.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually use Medela lanolin but it comes in a huge tube here and i was looking for something purse-sized.

To recap from my Medela review, I use lanolin as cuticle cream (instant relief!) and a day lip balm (using it as a night lip balm gives me cystic acne on my chin).

I don't like this as much as the medela for two reason:

-the medela does not smell like barnyard and this does. Both are supposed to be medical grade lanolin so I'm not sure what the deal is there.
-the consistency of the lanisoh is not as uniform- there is always a greasy liquid at the top of the tube whereas my medela stays solid. This bothers me because I bought the lanisoh specifically for my purse, and it leaks. I was trying to avoid having to put some lanolin in a tester pot, which I don't find very hygienic.

I'm kinda cranky about how suck this is. Three lippies only because it is pure lanolin and does work beyond the inconveniences mentioned above, but it still isn't as nice as the medela. If you can find medela, try that first because it is also cheaper and, IMO, better. If you have never tried lanolin before, lanisoh comes in smaller sizes (despite being more expensive than Medela), and isn't a "bad" first try to see if lanolin works on your cuticles or lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by bapsy

Based on all the awesome reviews I found here and in so many other places, I was expecting so much more, I didn't see much improvement on my lips they still get super dry and flaky. Once I apply this product they feel moisturized but a few minutes later they feel dry again. I have switched from using this cream on my lips to use it now on my cuticles, the results do not surprise me, this cream doesn't do better than other petroleum jelly based creams I have used. I have always had very dry lips no matter the weather and I have tried all types of lip treatments and I will keep looking for the perfect solution.

Update: Sep 27, 2013.
I gave this product a second chance, and I'm adding one lippie because I feel it works better at night, I went through a rough week with very dry lips and this treatment worked better at night than others I have, still I don't like it much for everyday use since it's not the most convenient to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by goldrauschengel

This product is definitely great for repairing dry, cracked lips, so it works. However, there is no real fun factor in using this...The packaging is bland, the product is sort of oily and a bit messy to apply but absorbs within 30 seconds, there is no colour nor smell... I have actually found a brand called Lanolips that uses lanolin in coloured lipglosses, that might be more interesting for me...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by seiran

I LOVE this product for my lips! It is only really noticeable by someone like me who have had the dryest, most chapped lips for the last 17 years! It literally bleeds in the winters and constantly peels for the rest of the year. There's not been a time when my lips had permanent "skin". I've tried everything from $0.50 to $60 (Kanebo Sensai lip treatment). Nothing compares even close to this Lanolin cream which is only $12 and will last me 6 months at least! Of course, like the rest of the users I do wish it came in a lipgloss tube format so it's easy to put on and carry around. I love that when I put it on, even after licking it several times, it stays on for at least 4 hours while others last 2 mins on my lips. At night it's best right after polishing my lips or a shower to put it on so the moisture is locked in. I wake up with much smoother lips and now I can finally wear lipstick because I don't have skin pieces all over ripping off! However, I don't like the look of it on top of my lipstick, I prefer a more matte look and it does slide off easier as a top coat. I'm looking forward to winter now that I don't have to deal with bleeding lips!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this when I was nursing and it worked wonderfully for that purpose but I was stuck with half a tube. I tried this on my lips one night and wad blown away how supple my lips were. I am highly reliant on lip balms since my lips dry out a lot. This soothes and protects. Even better that I can apply some of my lipsticks on top with no problems. As a cuticle balm this was decent. It can be a bit thick and greasy so I applied it to my feet and placed socks over it to sink in. My feet looked so much better hours later. I would definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by blueeyescppw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have discovered so many great products on MakeupAlley but this one might be the most miraculous. I have had dry, peely lips for my entire life...until now. I can't believe how amazing this stuff is. I just can't believe it. My lips are smooth, plump, not peeling off in pieces. This stuff stays on all night or all day. It's just amazing. Has made an amazing difference for my formerly horrible cuticles, too.

I haven't had any problem with it being difficult to get out of the tube, but it's warm where I live. Also, I got one of those little plastic pots that people use to send samples of pigments or mineral makeup and filled it up with the Lansinoh so I can carry it with me and not be pulling out a tube of nipple cream when I want some lipbalm.

A tip that another reviewer posted was helpful to me so I'm posting it as well - find this in the aisle of the store (Target for me) with breast pumps and bags for storing milk...it's not with the other baby stuff like diaper creams and stuff. I never would have found it without this tip and would have been embarrassed to ask.

Seriously, go buy this. Now.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No