Lansinoh Lanolin

4.7

100% pure lanolin

on 12/2/2012 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Some advice for those actually using this product as a nipple ointment, i would recommend this over the increasingly popular lucas's paw paw ointment as a midwife advised me that the fermented paw paw can contain microbes and other things which under normal usage is totally fine but when b/feeding it may make your nipples more prone to infection. This is really important if you've suffered from the horryfying pain of sore cracked nipples (like i have) or mastitis (god forbid i won't suffer this!), and whether the advice is true or not i thnk, why take chances? (i can use Lucas's for my lips!)
I find lansinoh very soothing and it lasts on the nipple very well, protecting the very tender skin when you first start breastfeeding and even now when they have 'toughened up' somewhat it reduces the sharp stabby pains after feeding (know what i'm talking about ladies?!) In my opinion it is indespensible, and if your not b/feeding why not grab a tube as a gift for an impending mother, it will be one of the most useful gifts they'll recieve, especially if your like me and just thinking about surviving labour and kind of forgetting that at end of it you will have one very hungry baby that wants just wants to be fed 24/7!

on 11/15/2012 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I would buy this again a MILLION times over. I picked it up at a drug store 40 grams for $12. My lips were incredibly dry, and so was my facial skin. I have tried a multitude of products, but none of them worked. Not like this. The side of my lip had gotten so dry, even with constant application of chapstick, that it was bleeding. I put this one and in six hours my lips wear better, with in 24 hours, healed. My facial skin got dry and flaky and I tried this all over my face, over night the flaky stopped. Nothing had stopped this before. This was fantastic. Obviously some people have allergies and I would not recommend this for them. Because of this, I can wear lipstick. Before I was about to give them up because my lips just cannot handle any lipstick.

on 10/27/2012 1:44:00 PM

This may sound funny, but I use this on my nostrils with my nasal pillow cpap mask, it is petroleum free (safe for the mask), keeps the skin from getting chapped and the tube lasts forever.

on 10/24/2012 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is very similar to Dr. Lipp but about $4 dollars less for twice as much product. I like how thick and heavy this is. It really locks in the moisture. The only problem I have with this product is the packaging; the flip top lid could fit a little more snuggly. Other than that, this ointment is a winner.

on 10/22/2012 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This stuff was a life saver in regards to breastfeeding. I then read how this can also be used as a lip balm. Works great. Just a little goes a long way. I prefer it to Carmex now. It also works great for cuticles.

on 10/22/2012 10:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I discovered this late into my breastfeeding with my 1st born, it was such a lifesaver! So by the time i had my 2nd then 3rd kids i was well prepared with my lil tube of this stuff :)

on 10/22/2012 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Nothing else heals my cuticles when they are chapped and split. Or prevents them from cracking. I massage this ointment on before typing and when I'm finished, my cuticles feel nourished and comfortable. I apply this on my cuticles too just before removing nail polish so they don't dry out. I always buy the travel sized packets so I can take them with me anywhere.

on 10/11/2012 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product for almost two years. I had chronic dry, chapped lips my whole life, and frequent breakouts of angular cheilitis. My dentist noticed my condition during a checkup, and reccomended this. :) Since using this product my lips are soft, full, smooth, and I can go hours without reapplying, when before I would have to apply lip balm religiously, every half hour or more frequently. I have had no issues with the angular cheilitis since using this, thankfully ! It can be used as a hand cream, on cuticles, feet, etc. I only gave it four lippies just because lanolin is notorious for clogging pores. When I forget and kiss my boyfriend with this on, and then he kisses my face or shoulders I breakout.:( Also sleeping, it can smudge onto your face from your pillow, so be cautious if you're acne prone!

on 9/28/2012 5:35:00 PM

Best treatment for my dry cuticles. My favorite way to use this is to apply over pure shea butter, magic!! Also great for lips and feet.
It doesn't take much and this tube will last you a long time.

on 9/2/2012 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I discovered this stuff when I was browsing the 'latest reviews' a few weeks ago. I was queueing up to buy it when the shops opened the next day,and of all the things I've ever lemmed (lemminged??) over on here, this one was everything I'd wanted it to be and more. Since I was three I've been a lip picker, and when I was stressed could reduce my bottom lip to looking like a plate of steak tartare. I'd got a bit better, but my lips were still dry, cracked and swollen, and little edges of skin would have me picking all over again. My only complaint about this stuff - I've nothing to pick any more! Lips are smooth, moisturised, and vastly reduced in size (swelling caused by the picking used to lead to a trout pout as well - nice).
Since I got this my other lips balms have sat unused, and I can't see me ever going back to them.
The only downside is the consistency of this stuff. In a reasonably temperate climate (the UK :-) ) it was so thick I couldn't get it out of the tube, and nearly gave up on it after a day and a half. Swearing at your skincare is never a good place to be! OH squeezed it out into some small screw top travel pots for me. Pots rather than tubes isn't an issue for me, but I know it is for some people.

Popular Lip Treatments