December 21, 2014 | 1772 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by jrbmua

My HG foundation. I've been using this for past year. I have used other mineral foundations and like this the best.
PROs: Does not break out my oily skin, buildable coverage, the ingredient list is short, has spf, and the light olive color is perfect for my Asian skin color (light w/ yellow golden undertone, for reference #2 w/ LM PPF). Even with a heavier layer when I need it, formula still feels on the light side. The website is easy to navigate. Allows you to compare product specs side by side. It also lists what skin colors are best suited for the product. Test samples are available for low price. Packaging is simple, powder does not spill out. Received order within 5 days (I live in L.A.)
CONs: No cons for me. Some others may be put off by the packaging, doesn't look luxe. For me, I could care less about that though.
NOTES: Wide variety of shades. Just be careful if you have to mix shades to get the right shade for you if you get darker, lighter. I got a little darker at one point last summer and mixed a darker sample shade in. I mixed on top of paper towel in case there was spillage I could salvage it. Used a cotton swab to mix.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by amysalsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have order the matt and intensive set of foundation,concealer blush,brushes and eyeshadow (totally 20+ for all of them) in 2007.I love the olive medium matt.It suite my skin color very well and my skin is super sensitive but still no break out after use for a few months.For me the intensive formula made me itchy a lot..so after I apply it 15 mins I scratch my face like crazy till I wash it off...still itchy after for a few hours...the packaging wasn't convenient to carry around (deep brown package).I stop using it after 1 year.I get back to my Laura Mercier foundation powder.

So,last month I saw EDM advertising on some beauty website.It making me missing it a lot.I went to order at their main page and saw the packaging is changed.I'm in rush and wanna use it real fast so I order from dealer in Singapore (I'm living here).After 3 days I got the package,I give it a try.I was surprise that package have two layer to cover the hole up by flipping it after use..this will be more convenient for me to carry it around.I like this new package.So the powder seem to add glitter which my last batch didn't have it.I personally preferred the one without glitter coz glitter make my pore looks a bit bigger than normal ..Anyhow,so far I have use it for 3 weeks now no break out yet.

Last week,I got email for some items that on sale for 1 week.So,I ordered more and sent it to my hubby colleague house in USA.So,after my hubby come back from his biz trip..I will try more and will be back to update again

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by DakotaD

I purchase this foundation in Multi-tasking, which matches my skin tone perfectly. It applies easily and gives my skin a smooth, silky look. The packaging has also been improved, so I can slide and snap a cover over the holes when traveling and don't have to worry about half of the foundation escaping when I haul my luggage around. I took off one lippie because even though it is a matte formula, it is still no match for my oily skin throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by tiffanyAYCH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I previously thought I looooooved Bare Minerals. The matte formula didn't give me issues but it was too dark. The original definitely promoted pimples. How do I know this? Because a week after switching to Everyday Minerals, my face looked WAY better. Specifically, the bumps I had around my nostrils and forehead (oily zones) disappeared altogether.

I tried the semimatte formula and it simply TOO dewy and sheer for me. I don't have terrible skin, I'll be the first to admit it, but I DO want to see a notable improvement when I apply foundation. SemiMatte didn't do that. I love the Matte formula because its the perfect balance. It's matte; however, it doesn't make you look like you dipped your face in tinted chalk. I found that Bare Minerals Matte made me WAY too matte. Everyday Minerals eliminates the shine; however, you still look like a human being. Light reflects subtly but naturally.

I'm still a student, so I have a gym class every day. If I don't reapply, I look mildly shiny by the end of the day, but it's no tragedy. My best method is to apply with a kabuki brush, then blot lightly with paper towel and apply a VERY thin layer with a regular foundation brush. Like one tap gets it taken care of. The key is to blot GENTLY, not rub. Blotting absorbs minimal makeup and maximum moisture.

My only word of warning is the shades. I'm chocolatey-skinned and the bronzed tan will fit me through the summertime; however, I'm not the deepest tone I know. It's possible that if you get markedly darker during season changes and you're a woman of color, you may deepen past their color range. Blending powders is easy for the price, so I suggest that as a solution.

What give this makeup the edge? PRICE!! It's dirt cheap (lol). I mean, I a trio of eyeshadow, foundation, and three more eye shadows for less than 40 bucks. And they don't skimp on quantity. These eyeshadows will last me at least a year, if not two. I also love mixing up custom eyeshadow colors with the ones i already have.

This is totally great makeup that I actually feel GOOD about buying. Quick shipping and low prices make it that much more lovable.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by sarah2202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am still using my EDM order that I received 4 years ago, so this review is for the old matte formula.

Out of the 4 formulas, I like this one the least. Even with primer and moisturizer, I find it just doesn't adhere to my skin. My skin is what most people would consider "oily" but it is also dehydrated due to the use of acne products. This ends up providing gross cakey super light coverage. The ironic thing is that after an hour I look super greasy too.

I have a lot of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation that I like to conceal and this formula is far too sheer to handle that.

The matte formula is terrible for me. I love the intensive formula because it gives me fuller coverage and adheres to my skin very well. My skin looks dewy, not oily afterwards. I will never buy the matte formula again. EDM has gone through some changes since my last order and it seems people are very dissatisfied. When I need MMU again (which probably won't be until 2012 since my last EDM haul was huge), I will be giving Alima a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2011 4:59:00 AM More reviews by ALF1969

Well it's time for EDM and I to part company. I've been using EDM foundation for many years 5+ and was sure I would never use anything else. It went on smooth, lasted all day, didn't look like I was wearing makeup, no caking, perfect. I liked all the foundation formulations too (apart from pressed) and used them for different looks (o'glow for a natural look, semi for work, matte for evening and intensive in the summer etc). I stocked up (took advantage of the bulk buy discounts so I have not had to reorder since they changed their ingredients.
So I ran out and ordered another lot, and to my horror it's completely different! It goes on evenly but looks like a mask (bought all the formulations, even o'glow looks fake) and then after about an hour it goes caking and blotchy and I can see patches, especially on my nose, where the makeup kind of congeals, yuk. I tried using primers and finishing powders to prevent this but to no avail.
I emailed EDM asking if they still had any old stock or if they would consider making a batch [as I know from this forum and elsewhere that many of you don't like the new formulation with lauroyl lysine] but they never replied (not surprising given their customer service!). So I felt I should share this experience as I think many readers may purchase EDM based on reviews of the old foundation - which was awesome.
I've moved on Silk Naturals which hasn't been around as long as EDM and is (so far) very good indeed. Can't get a good colour match from any others e.g. Lily Lolo so this was the obvious choice. I used EDM golden medium in winter and olive medium in summer so need yellow and green undertones).
I hope this helps!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A word about the samples: try out the “free” kits! I was initially turned off because the colors looked way too bright on my computer screen. In real life, they are more natural looking. I ended up ordering a full size of one of the samples I got – Matte in Linen. The color looks great on me in most types of lighting. The thought of finding a *perfect* match from 34 colors in 4 finish formulations (and supposedly the same color can vary from each of the 4 finishes) is daunting. But I think this works for me. I use a foundation brush to apply it (one from Ecotools – see my review).

I have very oily skin, especially on my temples, forehead and nose. I felt like liquid foundation was contributing to the oiliness. It’s not reasonable to think that a powder can soak up or stop all the oil your skin produces in a day. This definitely helps, but I still need to blot frequently.

Pros:
*beautiful, natural finish in just a minute or two
*great, ethical company that doesn’t do animal testing

Cons:
*You will need to reapply this. It’s powder. It’s not going to stick to your face indefinitely.
*Can look *slightly* dull/overly matte. I can see why the original glow may be appealing now.
*You may still need a liquid concealer under the eyes.
*Could look powdery if you apply too much

Overall, I LOVE this. I’m hoping that this is the foundation I’ll always use (although I might play around with colors and the different formulations)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2010 6:46:00 AM More reviews by naicha

When I first heard about EM, I thought it was everything I wanted from a powder foundation: light yet buildable coverage, completely natural and non-irritating, available in a myriad of colours. I love how it evens out my skin tone without looking like I'm wearing foundation and looks perfect when I first apply it, however I find that after a couple of hours it settles into my pores and really emphasizes rather than conceals them. It does a wonderful job on my sister, but unfortunately the almost creamy formula just does not give me the velvety and flawless finish I'm looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by kelslynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it! I have never found a mineral powder that works so well as this! It gives my face a glow, and it is so pigmented, you don't need to continue applying and applying it to work. It just does the magic with the first buff. I would recommend buying their flat-top brush to apply this. It works wonderfully. This powder is completely light-feeling, organic & great for your skin. I absolutely love it, I will never go back to any other mineral foundation ever again. Highly recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by VegasStar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation is ok. It's a step up from liquid foundation, but there are better mineral foundations out there.

Cons - It appears somewhat powdery on my skin, the coverage is not as good as BE and it does not last through the day. It highlights each and every flake. I'm also not a fan of the packaging - the base is too wide and it's hard to get the product out without getting it all over the place. Will not buy again.

Pros - Non irritating. Inexpensive.