November 27, 2014 | 1504 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Exact Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by qznds805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am Asian and I have long but straight eyelashes. I always had problem finding mascara that holds the curls. I've tried department store brands (EL, Clinique, Lancome etc) and drugstore brands (Maybelline, Loreal etc) and nothing holds the curl until I got Shiseido mascara base. but after Shiseido discountinued the mascara base and replaced with a new formula, I read the review about it no longer holds the curl and I almost freaked out, coz that was the only thing working for me! A friend recommended Covergirl lash exact the waterproof one and she said it holds the curl. So I tried it and it does! I'm so glad I found this one. Now I no longer need to wear mascara base. It doesn't clump up like its name indicates. it lengthens the lashes a little bit and doesn't seem to add much volume. but those are not my main concerns. I can't wear any mascara that's gonna weigh down my lashes coz it doesn't matter how much volume or length it gives me, if it uncurls my lashes it won't look good!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by coconuttynut

I'm always looking for a mascara that is smudgeproof. I have oily eyelids and I tend to get raccoon eyes even with waterproof mascara. So, I usually look for smudgeproof mascaras, not waterproof because waterproof mascaras are supposed to fend off water, not oil.

I bought this mascara with high hopes because a lot of people said that it stays put all day and does not smudge. However, I wore this mascara to a 4 hour interview, and when I left, I noticed black smudges beneath my eyes. I'm sure I must have left a great impression....

The mascara holds a curl VERY well and does not clump, which I liked. However, it was really difficult to remove the mascara, even with an oil-based remover. Another thing: I don't like waterproof mascaras because they're so difficult to remove.

So it's a good mascara, but still smudged on me and was impossible to remove. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by mscc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this mascara!! It's great for defining my lashes. It doesn't add volume, but that's okay. I've found that mascaras that add volume tend to de-curl my lashes, and this one definitely does NOT do that. It kept up a beautiful curl all day, really defined each lash (great, small, skinny applicator brush), and the black color of course darkened them and made them stand out. I think it also lengthened them, as well. It's great for during the day time. I'd wear it at night, too, but I might want something else to amp up the volume. Nah... I'd probably still wear this and just add false lashes!

I haven't tested this one the same way I've tested others - wearing it to class, which involves a lot of reading and looking down throughout the day, and then checking to see if the mascara smudges embarrassingly underneath my eyes. But as soon as I do to and test it's waterproof-iness, I'll update this review.

I'm so glad I bought this! I bought it due to a beauty blogger's recommendation, and her eyelashes are similar to my Asian eyelashes (straight, kind of sparse).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by maggieinlove

i love this mascara. Seriously who buy high end mascara any more when drug store mascaras are just as good if not better. This is wayy better than some of the high eng mascara i have used such as bad gal from benefit. It holds the curl, separates, lengthens my lashes; it does every it's supposed to WELL. awesome...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by characterarc

I love this mascara! New HG. But I didn't mean to buy this initially, was looking for Volume Exact instead but for some reason I had a brain fart and went for the wrong item. Length is something I do not really need, my lashes are long, I just need to fatten them up and keep them curled.

True to its claims, this does not clump on me. It separates wonderfully while adding, yes, length to my lashes and decent volume. It's a great daytime mascara. I think it adds extra punch to your eyes without it necessarily looking over the top. I can build it up without clumping, too. The brush is thin and has short, stubby plastic bristles, I find it easy to maneuver and can even get into the outer lashes but I have to use the very tip only.

Overall, a definite keeper. I'll try VE next and see if its just as great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by LehCarRachel

This lengthened pretty nicely, it depends on how much you build it up on the top. On whether or not it clumped, when you apply it in a zig zag motion its more likely to clump so I didn't do it. Although it was a nice mascara, the reason i wouldn't purchase it again is because it made my eyes itchy. I had to take it off an hour later. It smudged a little bit, but that isn't because of this mascara, its cause my eyelids are super oily lol. This held the curl on my asian lashes.
I'm going to stay away from most covergirl mascaras, they tend to make my eyes itch like crazy. Very sad :(, their formula's are pretty nice :). Not very much volume but it didn't make my eyelashes look spidery or anything.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

this mascara is really good. it held my curl all day long, no flaking or smudging. no clumping whatsoever. makes my lashes look really good. i am asian, with short and thin barely there lashes. Used my shu lash curler, and only one coat of this mascara, and it looked great all day. i also really love the size of the brush. it really allowed me to get every lash and i was able to wiggle it more than with mascaras with the bigger brushes.
like estee lauder sumptuous, and benefit bad gal.

i've tried a bunch of mascaras, and even though i don't really like spending a lot of money on mascaras, i do splurge occasionally. however, even trying high end mascaras such as YSL Faux Cils, Dior Extase, MUFE smokey lash, benefit badgal, estee lauder sumptuous, buxom lash, majolica majorica lash frame expander... i've never found an amazing mascara that could justify the high end price...
even with drugstore mascaras, i've never found one HG mascara. i do however, like maybellines full and soft, and the covergirl lashblast but i am really really liking this one. $6 CAD at walmart, i like this better than the full and soft and the lashblast. i think it's mainly due to the size of the brush.
great mascara, highly recommend you try it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by ibraille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This a great everyday, natural look, mascara. No clumps, no flakes. Just defined, seperated, and slightly lengthened lashes. Does not dry out quickly, brush stays clean, doesn't sting eyes! and price is very affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Steffachino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. I'm one who prefers length and curl over volume, and this one does the job for me. I always choose waterproof mascaras (I yawn ALL the time and my eyes always get teary!) so I picked this one over the non-waterproof version. This is probably my favorite next to Full 'n Soft (also waterproof!) by Maybelline.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by thiscowsgotmoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried Covergirl's Lash Exact in the regular/non-waterproof version, and it was less than spectacular for me.

...However, the waterproof version is really good! I wish I could give this a 4.5, because it's not my FAVORITE mascara ever, but I really like it.
I, by no means, have super long or super voluminous eyelashes. I would probably say it's because I am of Oriental Asian descent, and Asians typically aren't gifted in the eyelash department. That being said, my eyelashes are pretty decently-lengthed and volumized for an Asian. (They don't point downward and aren't stick-straight, even though they're pretty straight)

In any case, this mascara is my go-to mascara for everything. Even for special occasions, I will usually use a mascara primer, then the Lash Exact waterproof, then another mascara of choice for extra "oomph". This mascara holds a curl INCREDIBLY. I take 3-4 hour naps in this stuff pretty often, and trust me, when I wake up, my eyelashes are still perfectly curled and there are no flakes under my eye. My eyeliner usually is smudged, but my mascara looks exactly the same from when I applied it in the morning. That was the deal-sealer for me.

I have this in "Very Black" and it is a very intensely pigmented mascara, and very buildable. You could do one coat for everyday looks, or you could build on if you wanted to. It NEVER clumps (which I hate in mascaras! I have tried many higher-end brands like Lancome Definicils, Dior Extase and MUFE Smoky Lash-which is really good overal, but can get pretty clumpy), and I can honestly say I prefer using Lash Exact waterproof, just because it's a clump-free formula, holds the curl extreeeemely well, and I can get both length and volume out of it. I know it's not marketed as a volumizing mascara, but for me, it definitely helps with volume.

The brush is purple and plasticky/rubbery and spiky, which some people find weird, but I really like it. It bends easily, which allows the wand to really get into the weird eyelashes on the inner and outer corner as well as the roots.

The mascara is nicely packaged in a sleek purple tube with silver words with a blue marking around the tube, indicating that it's waterproof.

I scored this mascara for 2 US dollars- a total steal. It is typically around 7 dollars, but is often featured in BOGO sales or with extra coupons.