October 21, 2014 | 1779 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Candlelight

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by xSweetie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a good lip gloss for $1, but it's not awesome. I love the nude color.. which looks good on my lips and doesn't really clash with my skin tone. It's not really glossy... It's more like it's shiny. It smells sweet. Plus it has SPF 15, which is always a good thing. ^_^ However, I hate how it doesn't stay long on my lips if I eat or drink anything with it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by deelovesmac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing! This is such an HG product for me. It is a gorgeous shiny nude with a hint of golden undertones that just completely lights up my face. I love the $1 pricetag and how it gives such great color payoff and stays on forever. It even fits in my pocket, haha. This could easily be $10 and I would still get it. You have to try this gloss!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 7:11:00 AM More reviews by starrinites

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I purchased this along with two other of the same type of lipglosses in Goddess and Pink Kiss(which I gave to my sister). It is a very natural, wearable shade of peach-nude that would complement cool and warm tones. I myself have a warm complexion. I like the effect this gives my lips, the sheen it gives without all the glitter. It does not make me look like a twelve-year-old with shiny, glittery lips. I will purchase this over and over. I do not have a problem with the packaging because it is pretty typical packaging for a drugstore product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by jltho92

After hearing many great reviews about this product I had high hopes for it. when I got it i put it on and there was no color. The problem probably was that my lips are very red so sheer colors don't really show up very well on me. Then I decided to put on a nude lipstick under it to blank out my lips then the color looked reallly nice. The smell is not awful but it's a little strong. It's a pretty good lipstick for $1 but not better then anything else I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by kbrownx82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I donít often use lipstick or lip gloss because I have sensitive lips; I have to be very careful of what I use. On a whim I purchased this and two others at Target and figured if they caused me problems I could just pass them down to my tween. I was pleasantly surprised with these little gems. Out of the 3 Candlelight was my favorite. The color is a peachy-beige nude with a bit of shimmer. Itís a little thick so after I apply it I like to smooth it out with my finger. I find that it is sticky on initial application, but after that itís fine and pretty moisturizing. The staying power isnít all that great and I do have to re-apply. So far itís been a constant companion in my bag. Been using it for a few weeks now and it hasnít irritated my lips. Love the fact it has SPF 15. Beautiful when applied alone for that natural look, and gorgeous when paired with a nude lipstick. I like to apply the gloss first and then my lipstick. Iíve been using this with my LíOreal Color Riche lipstick in Fairest Nude. I had stopped using this lipstick because of the consistency that emphasized the dry, rough patches on my lips, but paired with the gloss it glides on smooth, my lips stay hydrated and I donít get that sticky film as the day progresses. The packaging is average but practical. The gloss has a grape scent and tastes like a combination of grape and plastic, but that doesnít bother me at all. Overall a great product and will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SHADE DESCRIPTION:

'Candlelight' is a shimmery peach

PROS

- not sticky
- pigmented
- SPF

CONS

- goes rancid quickly
- quality control

COMMENTS: These glosses go rancid quickly and some will also smell bad at first, while others smell just fine. This particular shade went from peach to a weird gold shade.

WILL NOT REPURCHASE

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lives in my purse, because it's so versatile. I recently got a bunch of E.L.F. products on sale just to check them out, and this gloss is one of the few things I've used on a regular basis. It's moisturizing and shimmery without being over-the-top gold, there's minimal stickiness and it doesn't slide off my lips.

It's the perfect "Oops, no time for makeup" gloss, because it doesn't look weird or unbalanced without eye makeup, but it also looks great with a smoky eye, and lower maintenance than an all out nude lip. I've also used it over other lipsticks to enhance or neutralize a color that was just slightly off.

There is a distinct grape-y scent, but I don't find it unpleasant. An earlier review also mentioned that the tube was flimsy, but the packaging on mine feels comparable to Maybelline and CG tube glosses, so they may have fixed that issue.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 12:32:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the type of lipgloss I carry around in my bookbag or purse in case I need a little glossy "pick-me-up". It's not a "wow!" product, but it's great for the price. It's a sheer nudish color and very shiny. It works well for a natural look or paired with a nude lipstick for a smokey eye/nude lip look. Overall, I highly recommend this product, it's one of my staples and I can see myself repurchasing if I ever run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by winwoodgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only complaint I have is the smell of this product. It reminds me of tanning oil. However, it does leave a beautiful finish on my lips if I'm careful with application. A little goes a long way. I'm happy about the SPF and the unbelievable price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Asianbarbiee91

I LOVE this lipgloss. I bought it today @ Target for only a buck. It's a light peachy beige nude and its true to how it looks in the tube, maybe even better on the lips. Love this because it's not sticky at all. It reminds me a little of MAC's nymphette lipglass but less stickier & without the duochrome effect. This is almost HG.. maybe it will be after I see how it looks during daytime. YOu can't go wrong with this! unless you don't like the shiny,glossy nude look.