E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Candlelight

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/7/2010 12:14:00 AM

The color of this lipgloss is nice. The color payoff isn't bad and can be opaque enough that you get your $1's worth of the color. The packaging is normal, nothing outstanding. What I don't like is that it tastes and smells like really cheap overly sugary candy. If you're 10 you would probably like it. Or if you like that type of candy. I am in neither of the 2 categories. ELF describes it as a grape vanilla or something to that effect and I don't like it. For that reason I won't use it. I wouldn't repurchase because of the issues of taste and smell and for me, since its on my lips that's an issue. Otherwise it isn't a total waste of a $1. :/

on 7/17/2010 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A really stand up product. This lipgloss is a fantastic peachy nude that looks great on tanned skin. No funky scents, just a nice color. The texture is a little bit thicker than I like - thicker than a lip balm, but not as sticky as MAC Lipglass. At a buck, the price is right. Would definitely purchase again!

on 7/14/2010 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

It's a good lip gloss for $1, but it's not awesome. I love the nude color.. which looks good on my lips and doesn't really clash with my skin tone. It's not really glossy... It's more like it's shiny. It smells sweet. Plus it has SPF 15, which is always a good thing. ^_^ However, I hate how it doesn't stay long on my lips if I eat or drink anything with it on.

on 7/9/2010 4:01:00 PM

Amazing! This is such an HG product for me. It is a gorgeous shiny nude with a hint of golden undertones that just completely lights up my face. I love the $1 pricetag and how it gives such great color payoff and stays on forever. It even fits in my pocket, haha. This could easily be $10 and I would still get it. You have to try this gloss!

on 5/19/2010 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this product. I purchased this along with two other of the same type of lipglosses in Goddess and Pink Kiss(which I gave to my sister). It is a very natural, wearable shade of peach-nude that would complement cool and warm tones. I myself have a warm complexion. I like the effect this gives my lips, the sheen it gives without all the glitter. It does not make me look like a twelve-year-old with shiny, glittery lips. I will purchase this over and over. I do not have a problem with the packaging because it is pretty typical packaging for a drugstore product.

on 5/9/2010 8:10:00 PM

After hearing many great reviews about this product I had high hopes for it. when I got it i put it on and there was no color. The problem probably was that my lips are very red so sheer colors don't really show up very well on me. Then I decided to put on a nude lipstick under it to blank out my lips then the color looked reallly nice. The smell is not awful but it's a little strong. It's a pretty good lipstick for $1 but not better then anything else I've tried.

on 5/8/2010 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I donít often use lipstick or lip gloss because I have sensitive lips; I have to be very careful of what I use. On a whim I purchased this and two others at Target and figured if they caused me problems I could just pass them down to my tween. I was pleasantly surprised with these little gems. Out of the 3 Candlelight was my favorite. The color is a peachy-beige nude with a bit of shimmer. Itís a little thick so after I apply it I like to smooth it out with my finger. I find that it is sticky on initial application, but after that itís fine and pretty moisturizing. The staying power isnít all that great and I do have to re-apply. So far itís been a constant companion in my bag. Been using it for a few weeks now and it hasnít irritated my lips. Love the fact it has SPF 15. Beautiful when applied alone for that natural look, and gorgeous when paired with a nude lipstick. I like to apply the gloss first and then my lipstick. Iíve been using this with my LíOreal Color Riche lipstick in Fairest Nude. I had stopped using this lipstick because of the consistency that emphasized the dry, rough patches on my lips, but paired with the gloss it glides on smooth, my lips stay hydrated and I donít get that sticky film as the day progresses. The packaging is average but practical. The gloss has a grape scent and tastes like a combination of grape and plastic, but that doesnít bother me at all. Overall a great product and will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This lives in my purse, because it's so versatile. I recently got a bunch of E.L.F. products on sale just to check them out, and this gloss is one of the few things I've used on a regular basis. It's moisturizing and shimmery without being over-the-top gold, there's minimal stickiness and it doesn't slide off my lips.

It's the perfect "Oops, no time for makeup" gloss, because it doesn't look weird or unbalanced without eye makeup, but it also looks great with a smoky eye, and lower maintenance than an all out nude lip. I've also used it over other lipsticks to enhance or neutralize a color that was just slightly off.

There is a distinct grape-y scent, but I don't find it unpleasant. An earlier review also mentioned that the tube was flimsy, but the packaging on mine feels comparable to Maybelline and CG tube glosses, so they may have fixed that issue.

on 4/23/2010 12:32:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the type of lipgloss I carry around in my bookbag or purse in case I need a little glossy "pick-me-up". It's not a "wow!" product, but it's great for the price. It's a sheer nudish color and very shiny. It works well for a natural look or paired with a nude lipstick for a smokey eye/nude lip look. Overall, I highly recommend this product, it's one of my staples and I can see myself repurchasing if I ever run out.

on 4/19/2010 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The only complaint I have is the smell of this product. It reminds me of tanning oil. However, it does leave a beautiful finish on my lips if I'm careful with application. A little goes a long way. I'm happy about the SPF and the unbelievable price.

Popular Lip Glosses