Trader Joe's Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Purified water, organic rosemary oil, organic valencia orange citrus, organic mango, organic lemongrass, organic ginko biloba, organic echinacea, organic willow bark, organic sea kelp, organic chamomile flower, organic textured soy protein, organic lavender, organic grapefruit citrus, Tocopherol (Vit E), Acetamide MEA, Cetyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, propylparaben, botanical fragrance

on 4/28/2010 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I can't believe I havent reviewed this product yet. It is super cheap, smells very refreshing. It's extremely creamy. I bought this on a whim because I was cheap and was using Suave, which left my hair extremely dry and coarse. This changed my hair literally after first use. It leaves my hear soft and smooth. I've only used the conditioner so far, about 6 months, but next time, I will try both shampoo and conditioner. Go Trader Joe!!

on 2/3/2010 1:48:00 PM

I use the TJ's Nourish Spa Shampoo and Conditioner and have been VERY impressed with both. I was looking for a sulfate-free shampoo, but didn't want to pay a ton of money. After hearing loads of recommendations for this brand, I decided to hop on over to our local Trader Joe's and pick up a couple bottles. I could not be more impressed! My hair is so much softer, more manageable, and I've definitely noticed less damage. The conditioner is shockingly really thick and does an excellent job of moisturizing! I like the nice light scent that's not overpowering. My only complaint would be the bottle. After a while it seems to collapse in on itself, making it hard to squeeze and get the conditioner out easily. This is my 2nd bottle and it's happened both times. But nothing taking the cap off and getting it out that way won't solve! Definitely will continue to use this product.

on 12/31/2009 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I decided to try this based on the rave reviews on MUA as well as the addictive smell of the conditioner. I have fine and oily hair that's pretty long, so the ends are dry and I needed a light condioner I can use after shampooing. At 2.99, this is a huge bargain considering that it makes my hair shiny, soft, and detangled. I use only a tiny amount each time and my hair definitely feels less frizzy.

on 10/24/2009 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I should preface this review by saying that, though I haven't written a product review in quite some time, I felt the need to express my love for Trader Joes Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner to the greater Makeupalley population. This conditioner is an absolute miracle for my mid-back length, thick curly hair, being silicone free yet somehow able to moisturize and detangle my hair equally as well as and maybe even better than any of the more expensive silicone free conditioners I've used (TiGi Oatmeal & Honey, Brocato Cloud 9, Regis DesignLine Olive Oil, Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin etc).

on 9/26/2009 9:54:00 AM

This product has become a cult favorite of 'curly girl' devotees. I was passing a Trader Joe's in NJ & decided to stop in to pick this up after reading several rave reviews on curlygirl.com. They only had 1 bottle left and at $3 I quickly snatched it up!
I really love this condidtioner. It contains no 'cones' (but does have parabens unfortunately) & is chock full of natural ingredients. It has a wonderful light herbal scent and provides plenty of creamy slip for daily conditioning. It also makes a great co-wash and leave-in conditioner. My only complaints are that it doesn't come in an economy size and that the closest Trader Joe's is 45 mins away (out of the way) and it cannot be purchased online. Kind of a hassle for a product I use SO much of, but well worth it IMO! 1 lippie off for parabens:(

on 9/8/2009 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Pretty good stuff! I haven't tried that many conditioners, and only a few have been "expensive" brands, but this one has got to be the best I've used. I've come to realize that my hair does not like sulfates!! This alcohol-free, sulfate-free conditioner is so nice. Good smell too and just thick enough to coat the hair just right and then leaves a smooth feeling without residue. Have yet to find a conditioner that is paraben free as well but I will keep searching. Hopefully it comes from Trader Joes because I looooove the $3 price tag. Paired with the shampoo, I can honestly say that this stuff single-handedly has changed my hair to be twice and soft, curly and smooth.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This conditioner has the better ingredients for the price than any other organic hair product I've ever found. It's very thick and rich, moisturizes and detangles well and does not contain silicones or artificial fragrance. The scent is fresh, citrusy and not overdone. The only drawback is that it does have parabens, but to get a comparable product without parabens you'd have to pay at least $10-15 more.

on 7/29/2009 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair type - 4B non-relaxed color treated dry afro textured

This is my HG multipurpose conditioner. Excellent slip, very moisturizing, the tangles just melt away. Smells good. My many uses:

1. add grapeseed & castor oils with gylcerin as a leave in.
2. co-wash
3. deep conditioner (with or w/o heat)
4. shave cream

$3 usd, it some protein but it's far down on the list.

on 7/18/2009 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I have fairly healthy hair which I dye regularly. This conditioner works well, it moisturizer my hair and keeps it soft and shiny. As others have mentioned, it does contain parabens...I may not repurchase because of this. Too bad, it's a great conditioner at a great price ($3).

on 4/28/2009 3:38:00 PM

the price on this conditioner is spectacular [$2-3] for one that contains so many natural ingredients. ironically, it contains methlyparaben & propylparaben at the end of the ingredients list. if you anti-parabens this may not be for you. for reference my hair is around 12" long, tightly coiled and prone to dryness and tangles. this conditioner is marvelous for detangling sessions. i dampen my hair, slather this on, and get to combing. with this, the comb/brush glides through my hair. i then rinse and continue on to my regular wash & condition. when i'm done my hair is moist and nicely detangled. this conditioner is also good for conditioner washes/no shampoo routines. i love this stuff and would most definitely repurchase.