August 21, 2014 | 1646 users online

Liquid - Hourglass - Veil Fluid Makeup SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by niki0315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasn't sure what shade I got, maybe 1.5, however, I felt it is slightly darker and orange on my NC25 skin. It is kind heavy for a foundation and the coverage was just medium. As other reviewers said it just sit on the face won't melt into the skin.It turned orange after a hour and emphasize dryness on my face make me look old or like I been wearing a mask.

Would not buy again. The color selections are really bad either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by nirvana9

I bought this after being convinced by the Sephora rep. She said it gave an airbrushed finish...so that totally got my attention, plus the demo she did on me did look flawless and smooth (guess credit goes to their makeup application skills and lighting). When I used it on my own, I found that the coverage wasn't enough and made my face TOO dewy (I prefer a more matte finish). If I build it up and set with powder, the finish is much better. One plus-it's light enough to use everyday. The packaging was nice but my pump broke the first week of using it! So not sure why the high price I paid didnt ensure that the pump would last more than a week.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had high expectations for this foundation after reading positive reviews about it, so I decided to give it a try, because I'm a sucker for light, your-skin-but-better foundations, and this one in addition comes in a very nice packaging. Colour matching is a hassle, and I ended up with nr. 0, because the next one up looked all wrong, and I figured that I can always even out a too light foundation by using bronzer. But the colour was way too yellow for my light neutral/olive skintone (cool undertones, MAC N2). In addition, I can't for my life get a good finish. I have experimented with different moisturizers underneath, and also with primer, but the foundation refuses to meld with my skin, and stays on top like a layer floating around. Powdering didn't help, either. My skin is on the dry side, so that was totally unexpected. Also, I find that it stings quite badly upon application, and although I don't get any other reactions, that probably is a sign it is not going to be the one for me. Other foundations that I like include Nars Sheer Glow (Deauville), Kanebo Sensai Liquid Finish (203, but that's a tad too dark now), Dior Nude (020) and Lancome Teint Miracle (02 Lys rose).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by dorna

I bought this when I ran out of Lancome Photogenic, which is discontinued. When I used it at Sephora I thought it was amazing... maybe it's because I used their primer, concealer, and setting powder as well. The coverage isn't amazing for how cakey it feels. This stuff separates in the bottle so you have to shake it like crazy, and I felt like the amount that it dispenses was weird--1 pump wasn't enough, 2 was too much. The thing that really turned me off was that it gets EVERYWHERE-I set with either MUFE microfinish or Lancome dual finish, and in class if i put my hand on my chin and then touched the paper there would be a foundation smear! Gross!! What's weird is that although it gets everywhere, it still clings to the skin like crazy. I had a lot of trouble fully getting the product off even with ponds, exfoliation, and toner.... it lead to a lot of breakouts. For $60 I expect magic... I'll definitely be going back to Lancome.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by polleepocket

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

When I tried this in the store, it was awesome, perfect color match and a flawless finish. Sold, along with its very expensive primer. Well, unfortunately after 3 weeks of daily use, I just can't get it to work. Perfect finish only lasts an hour or 2 before it starts to melt off and become very greasy and make my pores look absolutely massive! I haven't been this greasy since puberty! (I have normal to dry skin) I tried it with and with out it's primer, and other primers. Also with and with out powder, nothing could save this colossal waste of money. I am returning it today. There are a few pros about it, you only need one pump for nice even coverage and it applies easily over top a primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by nikkohli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am NW 20 and used a very nice sized sample of 1.0 for 5 days. I applied it with a similar brush to their $59 one and the first time I applied this foundation I could have cried, it was so amazing but I didn't cry because I didn't want to ruin the perfection. My skin looked airbrush magazine quality-my large pores were INVISIBLE and the finish was perfectly satin. I could have gone out with just foundation on and felt absolutely gorgeous.

BUT-as I used this over 5 days, I realized that the coverage didn't last--by lunch it didn't look as nice and by the end of a 9 hour day it had worn off and I looked patchy. I DID not try this with a primer, as the SA told me it has primer in it but maybe that would make a difference? Anyway, for $60 I want a foundation that will take me through my day. If it were less expensive I would buy it for nights out or special events but the price is just too steep for such short wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by celkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm re-writing this review because I recently received a sample of this again from Mecca and I tried it (remembering how much I loved it when I had the first bottle) but it was so emollient it made my eyes look old, tired and crepey. In every other way this looks great, but when a foundation makes your eyes look tired it's an instant fail.

By Terry - plumping fluid foundation, Clarins - everlasting, Armani - lasting silk, MAC - pro longwear/studio fix, Smashbox - Healthy FX, Chanel - perfecting, La Prairie - cellular treatment powder foundation, Este Lauder -double wear, LM-lasting silk, Tarte - Amazonian Clay; and a thousand different mineral foundations.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by bunnymum

First let me say this is my first day using this product so I reserve the right to amend this review. However I had to comment that I am AMAZED at what a nice finish this makeup gives! This is the first foundation I have used that doesn't settle into fine lines. It actually took a couple of years off my face!

The reason I fear I might have to amend this product is if it affects my very sensitive skin. I tend to break out over the slightest thing and trying any new product is tricky for me. So while it feels great today, the true test will come in a few days to see if my skin reacts badly.

I'm really crossing my fingers that my skin takes to this product because I love the look of it. I have combination dry/oily skin with fine lines around the eyes and this makeup really makes my skin look even. I also like the slightly dewey look it gives. And the color is a perfect match (I'm using Nude).

So my first impression is that while it is indeed very expensive, if it keeps working like this then it's worth every penny! I also noticed it did not take much at all to cover my entire face so I'm hopeful one jar will last a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 5:29:00 AM More reviews by RougePot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My favourite foundation ever.
I have found that this foundation works very well on normal to dry skin/mature skin. Combination skin that is on the more oily side might find it not quite matte enough (if that is the type of finish you're after) and that it moves a bit as the day goes on.
But what I have found for me and the clients I have used it on is that it actually looks better throughout the day. It mingles with the skins natural oils and creates a gorgeous dewy complexion - well in my case, though I don't really have that bad skin...
It has a wonderful buildable coverage and if you use it with the Hourglass brush, the more you buff it in (using small circular motions) the better and more natural it looks.
I have had a bit of trouble finding the right shades in the Veil foundations for some people but then I'll usually turn to the tinted moisturiser (which still has great coverage) and find the right one.
If all else fails I'll then move on to the NARS Sheer Glow :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by kyl101

I asked for a tester at Sephora and totally felt in love with this foundation when I first used it.
Then I purchased it the next day. However, the more that I use it, the more that I dislike it. The beautiful flawless effect only last for 2-3 hours even though I have normal-dry skin. And the color didn't match my chest and neck. The foundation is too pink for my skin tone. The color selection is quite limited compare to other professional makeup brand like makeupforever, mac...etc.
I really wanted to like this but it didn't work for me. I am going to return it.