Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup SPF 15

3.4

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 4.0%, Oxybenzone 3.0%. Inactive Ingredients: Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg 10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Glyceryl Behenate, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Isododecane, Isoeicosane, Macrocystic Pyrifera Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Pvp, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Tocopherylacetate, Tribehenin, Triethoxylcaprylylsilane, Water. May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

on 10/6/2011 7:27:00 AM

This foundation broke me out and irritated my skin. When I first put it on, I turned slightly red and felt hot and thought I must have turned the heating up too high but the effect just got worse over time. Same thing happened the next 3 times I used this.
But even worse, I have had the worst acne ever since using it - and it has only cleared up since turning back to my ELDW, MAC prolongwear and Lancome teinte idole ultra. If only I could find something like Lancome teinte idole ultra that had good staying power!!!
The search continues .... if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin, I would recommend trying a sample or two before purchasing.

on 9/25/2011 1:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I'm NC25 and 1.5 fit me perfectly. I liked the natural (slightly dewy) look and light feel of it but it broke me out terribly. I won't be purchasing the full size. It's overpriced anyway.

on 9/10/2011 11:32:00 PM

I obtained a sample of this from Sephora. I would not have picked this up on my own because I am unfamiliar with the line. Anyway, it went on very orange and it was the lightest shade. In addition, I do believe it may have broken me out. I'll pass on this product in the future.

on 7/27/2011 9:39:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Bought it after being steered to it by a sales rep at Sephora.

Very pricey. I've received many compliments about "how great" my skin looks but, frankly, I don't get it. Even after exfoliating and moisturizing, it's gone on and been dry and flakey around my nose.

I liked the shade (I got the lightest one) and it was a good match to my skin colour. It did separate from time to time so I won't be buying it again now that I've run out.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This can only be a preliminary review but up front I must say, there is no chance I will be purchasing a full size of this product. A few weeks ago I got a sample at Sephora. The SA was so informative about it-I said I wanted a foundation that gave me a glow but did not feel greasy. This stuff was really a dream. Excellent finish, great texture, but only an OK color match, I am about a N20 and took this in "0" - the lightest shade. The next color is terribly orange and warm colored.This stuff also has a hefty price tag...somewhere around $60USD. Anyway, I'm afraid this product triggered a nasty, cystic breakout. I stopped using it during the middle of last week and am just now looking back up to par. Back to my regular NARS SG in Deauville!

on 7/15/2011 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wasn't sure what shade I got, maybe 1.5, however, I felt it is slightly darker and orange on my NC25 skin. It is kind heavy for a foundation and the coverage was just medium. As other reviewers said it just sit on the face won't melt into the skin.It turned orange after a hour and emphasize dryness on my face make me look old or like I been wearing a mask.

Would not buy again. The color selections are really bad either.

on 7/13/2011 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this after being convinced by the Sephora rep. She said it gave an airbrushed finish...so that totally got my attention, plus the demo she did on me did look flawless and smooth (guess credit goes to their makeup application skills and lighting). When I used it on my own, I found that the coverage wasn't enough and made my face TOO dewy (I prefer a more matte finish). If I build it up and set with powder, the finish is much better. One plus-it's light enough to use everyday. The packaging was nice but my pump broke the first week of using it! So not sure why the high price I paid didnt ensure that the pump would last more than a week.

on 6/20/2011 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I had high expectations for this foundation after reading positive reviews about it, so I decided to give it a try, because I'm a sucker for light, your-skin-but-better foundations, and this one in addition comes in a very nice packaging. Colour matching is a hassle, and I ended up with nr. 0, because the next one up looked all wrong, and I figured that I can always even out a too light foundation by using bronzer. But the colour was way too yellow for my light neutral/olive skintone (cool undertones, MAC N2). In addition, I can't for my life get a good finish. I have experimented with different moisturizers underneath, and also with primer, but the foundation refuses to meld with my skin, and stays on top like a layer floating around. Powdering didn't help, either. My skin is on the dry side, so that was totally unexpected. Also, I find that it stings quite badly upon application, and although I don't get any other reactions, that probably is a sign it is not going to be the one for me. Other foundations that I like include Nars Sheer Glow (Deauville), Kanebo Sensai Liquid Finish (203, but that's a tad too dark now), Dior Nude (020) and Lancome Teint Miracle (02 Lys rose).

on 5/11/2011 11:54:00 PM

I bought this when I ran out of Lancome Photogenic, which is discontinued. When I used it at Sephora I thought it was amazing... maybe it's because I used their primer, concealer, and setting powder as well. The coverage isn't amazing for how cakey it feels. This stuff separates in the bottle so you have to shake it like crazy, and I felt like the amount that it dispenses was weird--1 pump wasn't enough, 2 was too much. The thing that really turned me off was that it gets EVERYWHERE-I set with either MUFE microfinish or Lancome dual finish, and in class if i put my hand on my chin and then touched the paper there would be a foundation smear! Gross!! What's weird is that although it gets everywhere, it still clings to the skin like crazy. I had a lot of trouble fully getting the product off even with ponds, exfoliation, and toner.... it lead to a lot of breakouts. For $60 I expect magic... I'll definitely be going back to Lancome.

on 4/20/2011 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When I tried this in the store, it was awesome, perfect color match and a flawless finish. Sold, along with its very expensive primer. Well, unfortunately after 3 weeks of daily use, I just can't get it to work. Perfect finish only lasts an hour or 2 before it starts to melt off and become very greasy and make my pores look absolutely massive! I haven't been this greasy since puberty! (I have normal to dry skin) I tried it with and with out it's primer, and other primers. Also with and with out powder, nothing could save this colossal waste of money. I am returning it today. There are a few pros about it, you only need one pump for nice even coverage and it applies easily over top a primer.