Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup SPF 15

3.4

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 4.0%, Oxybenzone 3.0%. Inactive Ingredients: Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg 10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Glyceryl Behenate, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Isododecane, Isoeicosane, Macrocystic Pyrifera Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Pvp, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Tocopherylacetate, Tribehenin, Triethoxylcaprylylsilane, Water. May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

It's great that this whole line is Vegan. Thats the only good thing going for this foundation.This particular product is awful, let me explain why. Color: All of the colors seem to have an orange cast, and even the "0" seemed dark for what should be a "0". I am a Mac NC25/MUFE 117-118/gGivenchy Photo Perfexion Perfect Praline, 1.5 was the shade that seemed to match closest. I wanted to try this because of all of the hype and rave reviews it got on the Sephora website. (Sometimes those reviews can be valuable, I always check MUA first and then Sephora Best Sellers; my theory is if alot of people buy it then there has to be a reason.) Texture/Formula The one word that sums up how it felt on my face is "Filmy". It seemed to sit on top of the surface, without sinking in and blending with my complexion. I gave it a shot 3 days in a row, each day I tried a different brush/moisterizer/primer. I found myself using 2 whole blot sheets midday. Not only that, but it broke me out slightly, and seemed to separate on my face throughout the day. (my skin used to be more on the combo/oily side BUT now that I use Retin-A I am more normal with the occasional dry patches which was under control when I tried this) I was horrified every time I looked in the mirror, but I wanted to give it a fair shot before I wrote a negative review. Price: USUALLY if you buy a foundation that costs $60, you at least get something a little better than your average L'oreal/Revlon. Not in this case. Not even worth $10. Revlon Colorstay is way better than this,which IMO is an average/decent-if applied correctly-DS foundation. I would like to try the primer from this line, I hopefully it's better than the foundation!

on 3/8/2012 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this at Sephora, steered by an SA who understood that I preferred natural ingredients and a natural look. When she did my makeup, it looked terrific!

Unfortunately, my experience with this product since then has been less than stellar. The pump started malfunctioning almost immediately, and about half the time I got only water for my efforts. The foundation itself is decent quality, but even if the pump weren't defective, not worth the pricetag.

on 12/19/2011 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Because I absolute LOVE the Hourglass foundation primer, I felt I had to give the foundation a try. The product itself is okay but the colour selection - NOkay! Even the sales assistant had to admit that their colour choices are limited and most are too yellow or too dark for me (and I'm NW 20 in most MAC foundations, so not the lightest of the light and a fairly common skin tone). I'm glad I got a sample of this foundation rather than splashing out on the full size. The SA even said that if I wanted to switch to Hourglass foundation, my best bet would be to buy 2 shades and mix them. At these prices, I don't think so.... I'll be sticking with my wonderful Guerlain Lingerie de Peau (with Hourglass primer underneath!).

on 10/6/2011 7:27:00 AM

This foundation broke me out and irritated my skin. When I first put it on, I turned slightly red and felt hot and thought I must have turned the heating up too high but the effect just got worse over time. Same thing happened the next 3 times I used this.
But even worse, I have had the worst acne ever since using it - and it has only cleared up since turning back to my ELDW, MAC prolongwear and Lancome teinte idole ultra. If only I could find something like Lancome teinte idole ultra that had good staying power!!!
The search continues .... if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin, I would recommend trying a sample or two before purchasing.

on 9/25/2011 1:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I'm NC25 and 1.5 fit me perfectly. I liked the natural (slightly dewy) look and light feel of it but it broke me out terribly. I won't be purchasing the full size. It's overpriced anyway.

on 9/10/2011 11:32:00 PM

I obtained a sample of this from Sephora. I would not have picked this up on my own because I am unfamiliar with the line. Anyway, it went on very orange and it was the lightest shade. In addition, I do believe it may have broken me out. I'll pass on this product in the future.

on 7/27/2011 9:39:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Bought it after being steered to it by a sales rep at Sephora.

Very pricey. I've received many compliments about "how great" my skin looks but, frankly, I don't get it. Even after exfoliating and moisturizing, it's gone on and been dry and flakey around my nose.

I liked the shade (I got the lightest one) and it was a good match to my skin colour. It did separate from time to time so I won't be buying it again now that I've run out.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This can only be a preliminary review but up front I must say, there is no chance I will be purchasing a full size of this product. A few weeks ago I got a sample at Sephora. The SA was so informative about it-I said I wanted a foundation that gave me a glow but did not feel greasy. This stuff was really a dream. Excellent finish, great texture, but only an OK color match, I am about a N20 and took this in "0" - the lightest shade. The next color is terribly orange and warm colored.This stuff also has a hefty price tag...somewhere around $60USD. Anyway, I'm afraid this product triggered a nasty, cystic breakout. I stopped using it during the middle of last week and am just now looking back up to par. Back to my regular NARS SG in Deauville!

on 7/15/2011 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wasn't sure what shade I got, maybe 1.5, however, I felt it is slightly darker and orange on my NC25 skin. It is kind heavy for a foundation and the coverage was just medium. As other reviewers said it just sit on the face won't melt into the skin.It turned orange after a hour and emphasize dryness on my face make me look old or like I been wearing a mask.

Would not buy again. The color selections are really bad either.

on 7/13/2011 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this after being convinced by the Sephora rep. She said it gave an airbrushed finish...so that totally got my attention, plus the demo she did on me did look flawless and smooth (guess credit goes to their makeup application skills and lighting). When I used it on my own, I found that the coverage wasn't enough and made my face TOO dewy (I prefer a more matte finish). If I build it up and set with powder, the finish is much better. One plus-it's light enough to use everyday. The packaging was nice but my pump broke the first week of using it! So not sure why the high price I paid didnt ensure that the pump would last more than a week.