Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser

3.5

Deionized Water,Glycerin,Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Aloe Vera Gel, Hyaluronic Acid, Thyme Extract, Chamomile Extract,Isopropyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid,Triethanolamine,Propylene Glycol

on 3/22/2011 7:24:00 PM

i switch this with the mario badescu botanical facial gel so i'm not going through it so quickly.. it's another gel cleanser so it is kind of weird for me to get used to at first, but it leaves my skin feeling super clean &refreshed. i have noticed a slight decrease in my acne so that's always a plus! i got the $8 small size at ulta and will probably look into getting the full size once i run out.

on 2/20/2011 12:46:00 AM

I'm actually unsure as if I would buy this product again..

I've tried multiple, multiple cleansers, and to be completely honest, I have no idea if they actually work or not.. I still get break outs.

I have combination skin that is acne prone.
I don't get extra breakouts from this, but this doesn't completely stop my breakouts.
I believe this is because my breakouts aren't from dirt or my oils clogging up my pores, but more of a stress and hormonal type of pimples.

It doesn't dry my skin out, and is very gentle.
I was very weirded out at first when it didn't foam because I've never used a cleanser that hasn't foamed.
It leaves my skin feeling clean.

The packaging could be better, I wish it was a pump!

on 1/24/2011 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

A couple of years ago, my skin was a mess. It was cold and dry in the Midwest winter, and my skin was flaking as a result. It was also breaking out...so yes, breakouts with dryness. I got a sample of this and used it, and guess what? My skin cleared up. No more flaking, no more breakouts. My guess is if you have real "acne", then you would need something stronger. But anyone with combination skin will benefit from this because the salicylic acid helps to stop mild breakouts, and the aloe and hylaronic acid soothes. I love it, it's a total HG for me!

on 1/6/2011 12:10:00 PM

Bought this at Ulta and HATED IT! It dried out my skin terribly and did not help with ANY acne issues. Will not buy again...do not even waste your time and money.

on 12/12/2010 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i can not live w/o this cleanser. when i order from the site, i buy at least 3 at a time. i was dealing with horrible chin and nose area breakouts. i was desperately looking for something to help my skin. when i started using this cleanser, it made such a difference. it cleans (no foaming) without drying. once when i ran out, i went to sephora and bought a murad cleanser. my skin broke out and i couldnt' wait to get my MB acne cleanser! this cleanser really made me a believer of mario badescu products and now i use so many of them.
i think the price is good, and wish they would make a bigger bottle size!

on 11/14/2010 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

As I was leaving ULTA, I saw the display of product sample sizes. I picked this cleanser, which was $8. I certainly like it so far because it has a minimal list of ingredients, cleanses nicely, non irritating, fights breakouts, & rinses easily.

on 10/22/2010 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I got this when I ran into Ulta to pick up Mario Badescu's Special Healing Powder, a new product that they haven't stocked yet. I was kind of iffy about getting it because Salicylic acid never really did anything great for me and $15 is a bit much for me for a facial cleanser. I said, 'What the hell' and bought it anyways. I can say that I will never switch to another. This is officially my HG face wash. My skin is super acne-prone and oily and I usually have at least four or five active spots on my face, since I started using this, it's completely cleared up and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I use it in conjunction with Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion (well, my ghetto homemade version of it, anyways) and Witch Hazel and my skin is the best it's been in years. I will definitely buy more when it runs out!

EDIT; Okay, after using this for a while longer, I realized that is was the cause of this really odd dry patch to the left of my mouth. I suppose I was right when I said Salicylic Acid just isn't right for my skin. :C

on 6/14/2010 11:59:00 PM

I've used this product for so long now (over a year), I can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet. For me (acne prone PPP with combination skin), this product is a staple in my skin care routine. It doesn't break me out, it cleanses gently but thoroughly (but I don't wear much makeup), and it doesn't dry out my skin. And that's really about it. It honestly doesn't do a great job of preventing my acne - I use Panoxyl Foaming Face Wash with 10% BP 1x every other day for that - but since the Panoxyl dries my skin out if I use it too much, I wind up using this cleanser most of the time. It keeps my skin clean and definitely doesn't make it worse. Plus, it works well in conjunction with my Cerave PM moisturizer (which I LOVE). Is it amazing? Not really. Does it do what I want it to do? Yes, which is why I will probably keep using it. Note that I personally hated the MB Enzyme Cleansing Gel, which broke me out HORRIBLY. This one works much better for me.

on 5/9/2010 5:08:00 AM

I'm sorry guys, but this cleanser is in the top 3 worst cleansers I've tried IN MY LIFE (I have tried almost all the brands u can find in any Department Store in the US) and WOW! It's soo bad, it burned my skin and after 3 days, my skin had the texture of a reptile (Like a crocodile) it dried my skin, it didn't break me out tho... and it didn't give me redness, but it did burn my sin in a very unusual way, I had to return it.

I have oily skin, I get pimples sometimes and my skin IS NOT SENSITIVE so my skin can handle acids, etc BUT THIS CLEANSER MUST BE FOR SEVERE ACNE OR SOMEONE WHO HAS OILD DRIPPING FROM THEIR PORES or I don't know, I can't think of a person that has as much oil and pimples to use this, cause TRUST ME, my skin is OILY!! anyway.... DEFINITELY don't recommend this

on 3/15/2010 12:30:00 PM

Not the best cleanser out there. I got the samples when buying drying lotion and while it does work in NOT breaking me out, it doesn't smell that good and I can get better cleansers at drug stores for much less money.