July 22, 2014 | 1118 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Acne Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 2:46:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

As I was leaving ULTA, I saw the display of product sample sizes. I picked this cleanser, which was $8. I certainly like it so far because it has a minimal list of ingredients, cleanses nicely, non irritating, fights breakouts, & rinses easily.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by ineffable

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this when I ran into Ulta to pick up Mario Badescu's Special Healing Powder, a new product that they haven't stocked yet. I was kind of iffy about getting it because Salicylic acid never really did anything great for me and $15 is a bit much for me for a facial cleanser. I said, 'What the hell' and bought it anyways. I can say that I will never switch to another. This is officially my HG face wash. My skin is super acne-prone and oily and I usually have at least four or five active spots on my face, since I started using this, it's completely cleared up and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I use it in conjunction with Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion (well, my ghetto homemade version of it, anyways) and Witch Hazel and my skin is the best it's been in years. I will definitely buy more when it runs out!

EDIT; Okay, after using this for a while longer, I realized that is was the cause of this really odd dry patch to the left of my mouth. I suppose I was right when I said Salicylic Acid just isn't right for my skin. :C

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Vac513

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used this product for so long now (over a year), I can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet. For me (acne prone PPP with combination skin), this product is a staple in my skin care routine. It doesn't break me out, it cleanses gently but thoroughly (but I don't wear much makeup), and it doesn't dry out my skin. And that's really about it. It honestly doesn't do a great job of preventing my acne - I use Panoxyl Foaming Face Wash with 10% BP 1x every other day for that - but since the Panoxyl dries my skin out if I use it too much, I wind up using this cleanser most of the time. It keeps my skin clean and definitely doesn't make it worse. Plus, it works well in conjunction with my Cerave PM moisturizer (which I LOVE). Is it amazing? Not really. Does it do what I want it to do? Yes, which is why I will probably keep using it. Note that I personally hated the MB Enzyme Cleansing Gel, which broke me out HORRIBLY. This one works much better for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2010 5:08:00 AM More reviews by IsraelSP21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm sorry guys, but this cleanser is in the top 3 worst cleansers I've tried IN MY LIFE (I have tried almost all the brands u can find in any Department Store in the US) and WOW! It's soo bad, it burned my skin and after 3 days, my skin had the texture of a reptile (Like a crocodile) it dried my skin, it didn't break me out tho... and it didn't give me redness, but it did burn my sin in a very unusual way, I had to return it.

I have oily skin, I get pimples sometimes and my skin IS NOT SENSITIVE so my skin can handle acids, etc BUT THIS CLEANSER MUST BE FOR SEVERE ACNE OR SOMEONE WHO HAS OILD DRIPPING FROM THEIR PORES or I don't know, I can't think of a person that has as much oil and pimples to use this, cause TRUST ME, my skin is OILY!! anyway.... DEFINITELY don't recommend this

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by mininana

Not the best cleanser out there. I got the samples when buying drying lotion and while it does work in NOT breaking me out, it doesn't smell that good and I can get better cleansers at drug stores for much less money.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by SweetDecadence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

This is among the many acne cleansers I've tried over the past few years and like the rest it doesnt really do much of anything.

I use this after my make up remover. It leaves my skin feeling nice, smooth and rather bright which is lovely but I never found it does anything where it counts. It doesnt seem to do anything for my acne whatsoever. Though it hasnt made it worse which is a good thing i suppose. This like the other Mario Badescu products I've tried are just meh. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by rexlyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Over all I love this product. It is exactley what it was meant to be a facial cleanser for acne prone skin. If your skin is dry, don't use this... AND it is not a makeup remover. There is a difference between makeup removers and cleansers. Not all cleansers are made to take off makeup and this is one of them. I use this with Mac's cleansing oil to remove makeup. First I remove my makeup with Mac then I wash with the acne wash. It does have saliclic acid in it so it may leave you with dry pathches the first week or so and it may bring up debris in your pores for about a week...but stick with it and it is wonderful if you have acne prone skin. ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by megshanks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had several problems with this cleanser. The first day I used it, I was extremely optimistic, hoping it would help my skin clear up. After the first wash, I felt like my face was still dirty. I followed with Mario Badescu's Special Cucumber Lotion. I had to use both sides of TWO cotton balls until my face came up clean. This led me to believe that the cleanser doesn't remove makeup and/or dirt and oil that well. Each time after that first time, I still had to use both sides of a cotton ball to come up clean.
I continued to use this cleanser for two months, hoping I was going through a purging period since my skin was breaking out pretty badly in tiny pimples on my cheeks, which has never happened to me before (my breakouts are usually on my forehead, temples, and jawline). However, the acne got worse and worse. It got so bad that my face literally hurt, which I have never experienced from acne.
BOTTOM LINE:
I would NOT purchase this product again nor would I recommend it to anyone. All it did was break out my skin more than I have ever experienced. I used it for nearly two months with no clearing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by buttercup3

It does help clearing my acne, but only at the beginning.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by yelrihs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a non-foaming, gel-type cleanser that works well on my sensitive skin. It's no miracle cleanser, but at least it leaves my face clean and super soft without causing any more breakouts.

I'm not terribly acne-prone, just a few bumps here and there, so it works OK for me.