April 17, 2014 | 971 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Acne Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Vac513

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used this product for so long now (over a year), I can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet. For me (acne prone PPP with combination skin), this product is a staple in my skin care routine. It doesn't break me out, it cleanses gently but thoroughly (but I don't wear much makeup), and it doesn't dry out my skin. And that's really about it. It honestly doesn't do a great job of preventing my acne - I use Panoxyl Foaming Face Wash with 10% BP 1x every other day for that - but since the Panoxyl dries my skin out if I use it too much, I wind up using this cleanser most of the time. It keeps my skin clean and definitely doesn't make it worse. Plus, it works well in conjunction with my Cerave PM moisturizer (which I LOVE). Is it amazing? Not really. Does it do what I want it to do? Yes, which is why I will probably keep using it. Note that I personally hated the MB Enzyme Cleansing Gel, which broke me out HORRIBLY. This one works much better for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2010 5:08:00 AM More reviews by IsraelSP21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm sorry guys, but this cleanser is in the top 3 worst cleansers I've tried IN MY LIFE (I have tried almost all the brands u can find in any Department Store in the US) and WOW! It's soo bad, it burned my skin and after 3 days, my skin had the texture of a reptile (Like a crocodile) it dried my skin, it didn't break me out tho... and it didn't give me redness, but it did burn my sin in a very unusual way, I had to return it.

I have oily skin, I get pimples sometimes and my skin IS NOT SENSITIVE so my skin can handle acids, etc BUT THIS CLEANSER MUST BE FOR SEVERE ACNE OR SOMEONE WHO HAS OILD DRIPPING FROM THEIR PORES or I don't know, I can't think of a person that has as much oil and pimples to use this, cause TRUST ME, my skin is OILY!! anyway.... DEFINITELY don't recommend this

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by mininana

Not the best cleanser out there. I got the samples when buying drying lotion and while it does work in NOT breaking me out, it doesn't smell that good and I can get better cleansers at drug stores for much less money.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by SweetDecadence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

This is among the many acne cleansers I've tried over the past few years and like the rest it doesnt really do much of anything.

I use this after my make up remover. It leaves my skin feeling nice, smooth and rather bright which is lovely but I never found it does anything where it counts. It doesnt seem to do anything for my acne whatsoever. Though it hasnt made it worse which is a good thing i suppose. This like the other Mario Badescu products I've tried are just meh. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by rexlyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Over all I love this product. It is exactley what it was meant to be a facial cleanser for acne prone skin. If your skin is dry, don't use this... AND it is not a makeup remover. There is a difference between makeup removers and cleansers. Not all cleansers are made to take off makeup and this is one of them. I use this with Mac's cleansing oil to remove makeup. First I remove my makeup with Mac then I wash with the acne wash. It does have saliclic acid in it so it may leave you with dry pathches the first week or so and it may bring up debris in your pores for about a week...but stick with it and it is wonderful if you have acne prone skin. ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by megshanks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had several problems with this cleanser. The first day I used it, I was extremely optimistic, hoping it would help my skin clear up. After the first wash, I felt like my face was still dirty. I followed with Mario Badescu's Special Cucumber Lotion. I had to use both sides of TWO cotton balls until my face came up clean. This led me to believe that the cleanser doesn't remove makeup and/or dirt and oil that well. Each time after that first time, I still had to use both sides of a cotton ball to come up clean.
I continued to use this cleanser for two months, hoping I was going through a purging period since my skin was breaking out pretty badly in tiny pimples on my cheeks, which has never happened to me before (my breakouts are usually on my forehead, temples, and jawline). However, the acne got worse and worse. It got so bad that my face literally hurt, which I have never experienced from acne.
BOTTOM LINE:
I would NOT purchase this product again nor would I recommend it to anyone. All it did was break out my skin more than I have ever experienced. I used it for nearly two months with no clearing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by buttercup3

It does help clearing my acne, but only at the beginning.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by yelrihs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a non-foaming, gel-type cleanser that works well on my sensitive skin. It's no miracle cleanser, but at least it leaves my face clean and super soft without causing any more breakouts.

I'm not terribly acne-prone, just a few bumps here and there, so it works OK for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by katewjackson

I love, love, love this cleanser. Although I don't have terrible breakouts, after a few nights out on the town or sleeping in makeup, I can have problem skin. I've used both Cetaphil and Proactive but the Mario Badescu is fantastic. It leaves my skin so soft I barely need moisturizer and it comes in a pretty big bottle. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 9:15:00 AM More reviews by JulesJoolz

This cleanser, along with the Special Cleansing Lotionr and serum, worked absolute wonders on my 14 year old's acne. He was having a bad breakout (the kind of break out that's more pimples on top of the skin than under the skin). I got on the Mario website and researched, and also called for recommendations. His zits were almost 100% gone within 2 days, and after 2 weeks of using just this cleanser and the toner (I had him stop using the serum after the first few days because he didn't need it anymore and didn't want to take any chances on harming his skin), his skin is super clear and even glows. The great thing about MB is if you email them and fill out survey on your skin condition, they will send you very generous samples of several products so you can try before you buy.