April 20, 2014 | 2052 users online

Mascara - Avon - Wash off Waterproof mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by honeyandsweets

I'm struggling to find an opinion to have on this. For a drugstore mascara, it's pretty good. Doesn't clump, separates nicely. Doesn't come off until washed off. The only major con I can think of is that it feels a little heavy on and makes my lashes feel stiff. Isn't really great at giving length, volume, or holding a curl either, for that matter. It's pretty good, but I hesitate to give five lippies just 'cuz it's not all that. I said that I would not buy this again just because I'm not impressed enough to see myself going out of my way to go and buy this.Bottom line: not amazing, but good enough in a pinch.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by hoangkhanh

pros:
- doesn't clump (unless you apply too much of it)
- doesn't smudge
- curl your lashes
- washed off
cons:
- doesn't provide much length and volume
- doesn't stay long

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wash off? I didn't have to wait to wash this so-called waterproof mascara off. I had raccoon eyes in 15 minutes post application. I tried this several times. I tried letting it "dry" longer but, still, raccoon eyes. More of this melted off as I went about my usual day.
I'm not getting waterproof from this mascara at all. It smudges, it smears, it melts under your eyes even when you are only perspiring lightly.
I certainly won't be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by tiiniaDolly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I also got this mascara as a gift. I really wasn't expecting much from it so I was surprised when it gave me a fair bit of length and, when paired with the Shiseido mascara base, gave decent volume as well.
Then I tried to remove it and the problems started. I'm guessing it's the waterproof formula, but this stuff makes my lashes fall out like no mascara I've ever tried. Like 3-4 lashes at a time per eye. I've tried this with and with out the mascara base as well as different products and methods to remove it and always have the same results. So for the time being I'm left with some sparse areas in my eyelashes and definately will not be trying any more of Avon's waterproof formulas.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by emelieelove

I got this as a gift and unfortunately didn't like it at all. I have stick straight lashes that point downwards and even after curling my lashes a lot, this mascara couldn't hold the curl. It didn't make my lashes look thicker or longer unless I used many coats, but then it started to clump and weigh my lashes down to the point where they looked like I had never curled them in the first place. I wouldn't recommend this mascara unless you have naturally very curly lashes and want an EXTREMELY natural look for your lashes. I for one wear mascara to enhance and make my lashes long, thick and pretty, not to make them look like I have no mascara on.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by mecat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used this mascara for years and it's my all time everyday favorite. It dries quickly without clumps and doesn't ever flake. It's waterproof and even sweatproof, but comes off easily with my regular cleanser. Best of all it's often on sale so I can stock up for very little money!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by andipromiseyouuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

formula is amazing! it's wash-off waterproof so when you go swimming or are working out, it stays put. It comes off easily in the shower or with makeup remover.
brush is a traditional mascara wand, it adds a little bit of length, but nothing special.
i would reccomend using this with a lash comb.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this mascara is ok. it is waterproof and doesn't flake. i like that i can wash it off with no problems. i don't like that it doesn't give any volume or length to my lashes...just color. it's a nice mascara for those days that i want to do a quick swipe and leave the house.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by mt828

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Avon's wash-off waterproof mascara in black for several years now. I've tried other brands including department store and always come back to Avon. It goes on silky smooth and is buildable. The best part is after the application - no smears, flakes or smudges. I've cried and it did not run and I've been in hot, humid weather and it stayed on, even swam with it on. Easily to take off as I just use mineral oil and it comes right off onto a facial tissue. Other mascaras flaked off and took several attempts to remove the waterproof formula. Avon has a terrific product with this one and it is often on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by zwitterrad

YES this mascara is great on you lashes and bank account! my favorite from the avon mascara products, i have tried many. . . many . . .way too many mascaras, and this is the one i always fall back to; it does not flake, the color is good, lashes are separated, and it adds length. if you want a natural look for you lashes( like me, i can't stand it when someone with pretty eyes overloads on mascara)this mascara is the way to go. the formula is thinner which a lot of peeps seem to not care for, but hello thats why it goes on without clumps and is super smooth. leaves lashes feeling natural which i love. i would know my mom sells avon and i have tried every mascara that they have marketed