October 1, 2014 | 1948 users online

Mascara - Avon - Wash off Waterproof mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by artsypirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! I have naturally long and curled lashes and this stuff is the perfect dark black to enhance them. It doesn't clump or flake either. Sometimes I use it over my cheapie wnw mega plump mascara and I end up with great volume and long wear (important in the FL heat) from the waterproofing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by helplessskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this mascara! It does not flake or irritate my eyes like some waterproof mascaras have done in the past.
It also goes on nicely. No clumping!
It comes off easily with Avon's eye makeup remover. I have also used baby oil as well to remove it.
A lot of times, you can purchase this for $1.99! You can't beat it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this while I was shopping Avon online, buying sunscreen. It was US$1.99, so I basically got it as a backup. Recently been wrestling with my HE YSL one, so I figured that a change (even downwards) would be as good as a vacation. This is perfectly adequate for what it is. It does wear comfortably well. Does not irritate my eyes. I look dressed, but no overdone. Not clumpy. Not spidery nor smeary. As to the wash-off factor, I would no more wash my mascara off than poke myself in the eye, however, this removes easily enough with my Lancome eye makeup remover. I'd buy this again, just because it's reliable. Kinda refreshing to find a pleasant, easy to use product that isn't over-hyped and overpriced!. One lippy off because it's still new for me, and I like to reserve the perfect five until after my having given a new product (for me) a more comprehensive use.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by honeyandsweets

I'm struggling to find an opinion to have on this. For a drugstore mascara, it's pretty good. Doesn't clump, separates nicely. Doesn't come off until washed off. The only major con I can think of is that it feels a little heavy on and makes my lashes feel stiff. Isn't really great at giving length, volume, or holding a curl either, for that matter. It's pretty good, but I hesitate to give five lippies just 'cuz it's not all that. I said that I would not buy this again just because I'm not impressed enough to see myself going out of my way to go and buy this.Bottom line: not amazing, but good enough in a pinch.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by hoangkhanh

pros:
- doesn't clump (unless you apply too much of it)
- doesn't smudge
- curl your lashes
- washed off
cons:
- doesn't provide much length and volume
- doesn't stay long

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wash off? I didn't have to wait to wash this so-called waterproof mascara off. I had raccoon eyes in 15 minutes post application. I tried this several times. I tried letting it "dry" longer but, still, raccoon eyes. More of this melted off as I went about my usual day.
I'm not getting waterproof from this mascara at all. It smudges, it smears, it melts under your eyes even when you are only perspiring lightly.
I certainly won't be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by tiiniaDolly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I also got this mascara as a gift. I really wasn't expecting much from it so I was surprised when it gave me a fair bit of length and, when paired with the Shiseido mascara base, gave decent volume as well.
Then I tried to remove it and the problems started. I'm guessing it's the waterproof formula, but this stuff makes my lashes fall out like no mascara I've ever tried. Like 3-4 lashes at a time per eye. I've tried this with and with out the mascara base as well as different products and methods to remove it and always have the same results. So for the time being I'm left with some sparse areas in my eyelashes and definately will not be trying any more of Avon's waterproof formulas.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by emelieelove

I got this as a gift and unfortunately didn't like it at all. I have stick straight lashes that point downwards and even after curling my lashes a lot, this mascara couldn't hold the curl. It didn't make my lashes look thicker or longer unless I used many coats, but then it started to clump and weigh my lashes down to the point where they looked like I had never curled them in the first place. I wouldn't recommend this mascara unless you have naturally very curly lashes and want an EXTREMELY natural look for your lashes. I for one wear mascara to enhance and make my lashes long, thick and pretty, not to make them look like I have no mascara on.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by mecat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used this mascara for years and it's my all time everyday favorite. It dries quickly without clumps and doesn't ever flake. It's waterproof and even sweatproof, but comes off easily with my regular cleanser. Best of all it's often on sale so I can stock up for very little money!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by andipromiseyouuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

formula is amazing! it's wash-off waterproof so when you go swimming or are working out, it stays put. It comes off easily in the shower or with makeup remover.
brush is a traditional mascara wand, it adds a little bit of length, but nothing special.
i would reccomend using this with a lash comb.