August 20, 2014 | 996 users online

Gels/Soaps - Kiss My Face - Olive Oil Soap

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by bijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not very sensitive to fragrances, but this is the most god-awful smelling soap I've ever bought. I say bought instead of tried, because I never got around to using it - my husband used it first in the shower before I woke up - when my alarm went off I literally felt nauseous from the smell coming from the bathroom. I threw the soap out and had to scrub the shower down. Even if this were the best soap in the world, the fragrance was just way too strong and unpleasant.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 10:32:00 PM More reviews by kstoopid

I love this soap... It is great for shaving with (good slip & moisturizing) I agree with some people it gets goopy. These are my tips.

1) put the soap in a suction cup soap holder on the shower wall. The water drains through the holes in the bottom, and it keeps the soap dry.

2) I thought the bar was too big and cumbersome to handle. I took a regular serated kitchen knife and sawed the bar into 4 pieces. Viola, easy to handle individual soaps and easy for travel.

I don't use this on my face but I'm sure it would work great. The smell is fine. I put on scented lotion after my shower anyways, so who cares it just washes down the drain anyways.I do think it's a bit pricey. But it does last forever. And I shave with it daily and it lasts me about 8 months a bar. I think the fact that it air dries in my wall mounted soap holder helps it last much much longer.

I tried going back to regular shaving cream for a week b/c my boyfriend left some in my shower. EPIC FAIL. The Olive Oil soap provides a MUCH closer shave and it leaves my legs moisturized. Plus it is 1/100 the price of shaving cream considering 1 bar lasts me sooo long. The shaving cream left me SUPER itchy, dry, and gave me razor burn
( I haven't had razor burn in over a year since before I started shaving with the oilve oil soap, so I know the razor burn was from the damn shaving cream).
Def. sticking to what works. This is my HG product for shaving!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2009 2:35:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I started using this product about 2 years ago, and noticed a drastic improvement in my skin (face). I used to break out regularly and have rough under the skin bumbs. This soap made my face verrry smooth and soft, and stopped all break outs. My skin texture improved so that my skin looked dewy and moiturized but no longer greasy.
The only reason I have stopped buying this product is the gooey mess the bar of soap becomes after a few uses! It turns into a goopy lump of green stuff, and it gets all over everything.

However, I found a GREAT alternative that works even BETTER --
Olivella fragrance free olive oil bars! LOVE it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

i don't mind/care the look of the soap as some do. i don't love that it's "melty" and must be put in a vented soap dish to dry. i use this and have for several years, when i don't use a body wash. i have very dry skin due to a medical condition that destroys my moisture glands, and this does work to help clean and moisturize my skin. i don't find the scent offensive at all, but then it doesn't linger like with some body washes so it's not a concern either. i used to use this as my hg facial cleanser, but i have rosacea now and use aveeno calming face wash for that. but when i did it worked very well. this is great for elbow, knees, don't just put it on a puff in the shower which is what i mostly did, but for very dry areas rub the bar directly and you will see a difference. i suspect some who felt it was drying were not using it directly on their skin which is the way you get the most benefits of the olive oil. if you put in the right soap dish, this lasts forever. i often can't get the smaller bar so i buy the large and cut it down to a few smaller bars. this is a great hand soap to keep next to the sink as it will not dry your hands out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i used to love this soap. recently i decided to buy it to use on my hair. well it seemed to work very well. after air drying my hair was shiny and soft. that night i noticed that it was hard to make my bun on my head for sleeping. the next day my hair instead of being wavy from being in my bun all night was sticking out in all directions! i brushed it and it was frizzy and dull looking. weird. it still felt soft just weird.
usually i wash my hair with a coconut oil based soap (chandrika) and wanted to switch to an olive oil based soap because i thought it would be less drying. well it wasn't for me.
BUT i tried this soap for washing greasy dishes! it works great for this! this is a great and inexpensive soap to have next to the sink for dish washing - just swipe the sponge on the soap and scrub! all the oil came off my plates and it doesn't have a chemical smell to it.
so i will probably buy this again just to use as a kitchen soap!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2008 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Tina4ever

Cons: This product was very drying and smells really bad.

Pros: It's organic and consists of only 5 ingredients.

=]

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2008 5:06:00 AM More reviews by claudia_sung

I do not like the scent of the olive soap.I also think its very drying for my body and face.I refer olive soap by Olivella.I use it on my body and face every day I take my shower and it makes my skin smooth and clean.Olivella is a bit more expensive than the kiss my face olive soap but I have to say it worths every penny,I find it the cheapest buying it on amazon.com and it is sold in 12 packs with free shipping.If you want to buy one and try out,you can buy it at luckyvitamin,com at 2.35 USD each

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2008 11:50:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

As the winters coming in my skin basicaly feels like a piece of dry board. My Trader Joes plain soap started to irritate my skin so I went in search of a moisturizing one that was milder. This soap is perfect. My skins died down and the irritation has stopped.

Update: Wellit worked for a while then a few week later the breakous started to happen so I had to stop using it. The olive oil was clogging mypores. It's a great sized bar though but useless for hand washing so it basically got thrown into the back of the closet.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

I bought this hoping it would be similar to DHC's Olive Soap but it was too harsh to use on my face. I ended up using it in the shower but still didn't like it enough to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by ninny26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is very drying and it smells funny :(